Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's $100,000....

well lets see now

i read u can make an rsr widebody turbo on in "porsche 911 world magazine" for around 30k so ill take one of them and build a shed to house it in at the bottom of my road 10k then get a 99-00 model range rover and fit it with 24's so i can get home maybe chuck an ford 5.4 litre dohc block in the rr.
    if i could soup up one individual car it would either be a nissan skyline gt-r v-spec n1 or a nissan pulsar gti-r. imagine spending 84 thou on mods for the little gti-r it would absolutely hammer

How?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitt
    4 x 2002 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Type S - Tiptronic.

1) 1 with minor mods, Wheels, induction, etc.
    2) 1 with major mods, developing 400 hp

and 2 spares in storage for longevity.

I should then at least get 20 years out of my dream car(s)
    Tiptronic? Like without a manual transmission? How could you?

RE: Tiptronic

Tiptronic - only a few 10ths of second difference to the manual.
    Easy for driving around town and in traffic jams
    Remember it was designed by "Porsche", so it really fast and clever.

Remember, with the Tiptronic you can drive it as a manual, which I do from time to time, just to show a few Boy-Racers (including earlier EVO's and WRX's) to respect the VR-4.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

I would buy a Civic, dump it, bang on 25" rims, 10" exhaust tip and put on those lids over the headlights. Then for the serious modifications I would apply GReddy, Nismo, TRD, Rallyart, HKS, stickers. Change all the badges to gold. Blue, no red anodised valve caps. Paint the bonnet black, cause a cool one in Gran Turismo 2 had that. Run dual fluro tube lights along the bottom sills. Mount a 9" tacho on the A pillar. Put in checker plate seating. Squeeze in eight 15" cheap no name subs. Six cheap no name amps, push the loudness button , crank the bass until it was suitably distorted and go cruisin.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Ok, I'll be sensible here. A Subaru Legacy GT or Falcon GT (can't decide) plus a second Subaru MY2000 WRX would be tempting and should be less than A$100,000.

Then again...

I'd bye an XU1 torana a GTS monaro a GT falcon and an E38 or E49 charger with $100 000 I should get them all if I shop around I would get the GT HO phase 3 but that would be $100 000 on it's own and I prefer to get all 4 PS: there all collectable in OZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    I'd bye an XU1 torana a GTS monaro a GT falcon and an E38 or E49 charger with $100 000 I should get them all if I shop around I would get the GT HO phase 3 but that would be $100 000 on it's own and I prefer to get all 4 PS: there all collectable in OZ

A fellow lover of musclecars! The Hemi 6 Barrel is the Most bad@$$ed Australian car ever! As for me and my North American Tastes, I would get a 1971 Hemicuda convertible clone (originals cost upwards of half a mil), probly with a 528 ci Hemi, and just for sh!ts and giggles, have a blower poking out of the hood. I'd then save the other 50 grand for gas money! (J/K, I'd buy a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 for my dailer driver and save the elephant for the weekend)
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Get A Skyline Gt-r And Soup It Up Big Time...

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I would buy a Civic, dump it, bang on 25" rims, 10" exhaust tip and put on those lids over the headlights. Then for the serious modifications I would apply GReddy, Nismo, TRD, Rallyart, HKS, stickers. Change all the badges to gold. Blue, no red anodised valve caps. Paint the bonnet black, cause a cool one in Gran Turismo 2 had that. Run dual fluro tube lights along the bottom sills. Mount a 9" tacho on the A pillar. Put in checker plate seating. Squeeze in eight 15" cheap no name subs. Six cheap no name amps, push the loudness button , crank the bass until it was suitably distorted and go cruisin.
    You've got to be kidding; would you do anything to actually affect the car's performance, for the better?

(The stickers add 10 Horsepower, I hear)
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Porsche 911 GT3 - Red

(I would spend the extra $1,000 on a 1,000 NOS sticker to cover my car with, so I can improve my 1/4 mile time )
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

heh heh heh, no matter what you all do, i'll rule ya all with my 206 gti 960!!
    1st,i'll get the 206 gti, then i'll dump everything but the chassis and the body, then i'll buy the CCR,rip out the engine, throw away the supercharger and fit twin-turbos on to it, and then i'll....JAM EVERYTHING BEHIND THE PUG..MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA..
    (this is a fantasy thread...right?a man can dream...right?..)

...projected 1/4 mile time: 8 seconds...

In this world, a mini costs nothing, a Twin Turbo Cadillac Sixteen Engine costs 50,000, and a Twin Turbo Bugatti Veyron engine costs 50,000. Then I jam the Cadillac engine in the front, and the Bugatti engine in the back. Then I convert it to RWD! Beautiful.

BMW M3, Lancer Evolution VI TME, Evolution VIII MR, 04 WRX STi, Vauxhaul VX220 Turbo, MR2 (one from 90s not the new spyder), Suzuki Cappucino (cutest lil car in the world), Peugeot 206 (sigh, too bad 100 grand aint enuff to mod it to WRC version :'( ...)

Any combination of these which add up to less than 100,000, money left over will be dedicated to insurance, gas, tuning, maintenance, or anything of the sort.

an '04 STi, must be blue. If I have enough left over, maybe a GT500.....meh....for 60k? I doubt that. A GT500 on eBay started at $5500 i think it was, and within 63 beids was at $91,000.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    Buy an BMW ///M3 (not SMG) black with red leather.
    Mods:
    19" BBS wheels, drop it a little 2" with Bilstein coil-over suspension kit, Install a new exhaust system with four, two on each sides 2" tips, install an ECU performance chip, Install a cold air induction kit with air filter K&N, some internal work and that it for power, install a Ac Schnitzel front lip, Some good Bose sub's and speakers...

How much dose that add up to.

do you really think theres anything left to take out of the ECU in an M3 that an aftermarket company will be able to extract?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information