Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's $100,000....

i'd buy a new Beetle and put a Porsche engine in the back and covert it to rear wheel drive. OR i'd take an old bus and put a porsche engine in OR a GTi and do the same. then i'd put new wheels on, new suspension, new brakes etc...
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

The good thing about a custom ECU is the fact you can customize your own settings and tune it to mazimize the engine's life and output to the way you drive, conditions you drive in, and where you drive.

Well atleast I think it does :S

well thats provided the engine when stock was still running rather inefficiently. i for one have never seen an engine run stock or with an aftermarket ECU or upgrade and still match the power/litre figure of the M3
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well thats provided the engine when stock was still running rather inefficiently. i for one have never seen an engine run stock or with an aftermarket ECU or upgrade and still match the power/litre figure of the M3
    Honda S2000? And if you're not talking about Naturally Aspirated cars, there's loads of others

well i guess i stand corrected there then, but still the S2000 has a 9000rpm rev limit to work with, and dont even bother mentioning rotaries
    I am the Stig

i would buy a rs3100 in stock trim then add a dohc (racing cams) then a racing EFI (fully adjustable at all points) 255/35 20" front back, the colour would be white with blacked out bonet with black GT stripes with a cream interior and hopefully u'll see something like what i have described cruzin the streets of sydney maybe in 10-20yrs hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    In this world, a mini costs nothing, a Twin Turbo Cadillac Sixteen Engine costs 50,000, and a Twin Turbo Bugatti Veyron engine costs 50,000. Then I jam the Cadillac engine in the front, and the Bugatti engine in the back. Then I convert it to RWD! Beautiful.
    1) It is already RWD... no need for the conversion
    EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Sixteen, not the mini

2) The Veyron Engine already has four turbochargers. Are you thinking about a sextuple-turbo unit? I think a boost increase would probably yield a similar result

Anyway, I won't meddle in your fun any longer
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 04-12-2004 at 01:42 PM.

Very Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    In this world, a mini costs nothing, a Twin Turbo Cadillac Sixteen Engine costs 50,000, and a Twin Turbo Bugatti Veyron engine costs 50,000. Then I jam the Cadillac engine in the front, and the Bugatti engine in the back. Then I convert it to RWD! Beautiful.
    I Completely agree with you. Great choice.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

I would get two Cadillac sixteen engines.
    And get a Smart coupe.
    Then shove the engine's into the Smart and there we have it.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    1) It is already RWD... no need for the conversion

2) The Veyron Engine already has four turbochargers. Are you thinking about a sextuple-turbo unit? I think a boost increase would probably yield a similar result

Anyway, I won't meddle in your fun any longer

are you sure? I'm pretty sure the mini has always been FWD.

BTW somebody has offered me an original owner 914 for my kelmark....
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    I would get two Cadillac sixteen engines.
    And get a Smart coupe.
    Then shove the engine's into the Smart and there we have it.
    I honestly don't think that would fit at all.

sure it will!
    Cram it all in!
    Of course half of will hang out the back.

Correction: All of it will hang out the back :P

Yea I just realised it had 4 turbos after I osted, but I could not be bothered.

Why stop with 4? I call it the Mini Turbo 12, and it needs the gearbox of a super tanker just to manage the power, not to mention a body made out of solid diamond. I'm saying it will make somewhere around 3000hp

Buy a Suzuki Jimny.
    Spend the rest inventing an artificial intelligence and then fit it into the Jimmy.
    Program it to talk to you in third person.
    Eg. Jimmy hungry now or Jimny drive now

Thread Information