Thread: a Question?

a Question?

what do you call people who talk to them selves?
    the only reason i ask is because i was on the bus today and some guy started talking to him self about what he did in high school and then he started singing an Avril Lavigine song.

i just want to know if its some type of disorder and if theres a cure or not.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Yesterday I walked past my science classroom and the door was open, I saw my science teacher talking to himself. At first I thought someone was there, but then I kept on looking around the classroom from the outside and there was no one there. I didn't see him having a wireless headset on either. Yea I know what you mean, it's pretty weird.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

are you sure he wasnt on the phone?

my mom does.It is so annoying.When i am upstairs, she talks in herself.Then I hear it, and ask What did you say ??? , Nothing.But she hd been talking in herself again then.very strange and annoying.

People obviosuly find it comforting to talk to themselves. No pressure to say something funny or clever
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I do it very often. Let's face it, I'm the only one inteligent (and twisted and sick) enough to fully understand myself.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

I have 15-20 minute conversations with myself.

Everyone talks to themselves in their heads. Not usually out loud.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Everyone talks to themselves in their heads. Not usually out loud.
    He hit it on the head

All of us "speak" to ourselves, innit? Deep thinkers on the site will know what I'm talking about. We all think and think and think some more. Try to control and block your thoughts. You'll only end up thinking about blocking them.

The only difference is this is outside the intellectual property base line, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    He hit it on the head

All of us "speak" to ourselves, innit? Deep thinkers on the site will know what I'm talking about. We all think and think and think some more. Try to control and block your thoughts. You'll only end up thinking about blocking them.

The only difference is this is outside the intellectual property base line, thats all.

I talk out loud when I am angry or annoyed. But that usually doesn't make sense. Just a load of obsenties.

Im in psychology and its very normal it allows the brain to organize and prepare thoughts and actions in the present or future.

I only do what the emoticons say.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I talk out loud when I am angry or annoyed. But that usually doesn't make sense. Just a load of obsenties.
    It doesn't always reflect what you're thinking

Sometimes what happens is your blood and body pressure rises and goes to the brain affects the flow of some of the parts, trying to deal with all the pressure. To effectively bring this down and not "overheat" some functions of the brain are "disabled" in a way - it could be possible that what you're saying isn't what you're thinking because of "brain clots" or the brain not being able to focus properly.

Before anyone asks I'm into physcology so I have theories for a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I only do what the emoticons say.

i talk to my self but usally in my head, this was talking to him self and saying the samething over and over again.

im suprised so many people talk to them selves and this time i thought i was crazy.

Thread Information