View Poll Results: Do you think it's a good idea?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think that it would be a good idea

15 78.95%
  • No, I don't believe that this will work

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra Photography Competition?

Ok so the idea overall would be a weekly themed competition, keeping the plain cars in mind so that the better the photo, the better the chance the person who enters it has to win.
    Does anyone else have anything that they think would improve this competition?

I think if you make a theme specific enough that there would be no need to restrict car cost/type. I mean if a theme says a macro shot of something on a car, if a pic of an expensive car is poorly taken or does not satisfy the theme, then the pic shouldn't win....

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Ok so the idea overall would be a weekly themed competition, keeping the plain cars in mind so that the better the photo, the better the chance the person who enters it has to win.
    Does anyone else have anything that they think would improve this competition?
    since i too do not have time to take pictures every week, perhaps it should be a two week or a monthly competition.

all my pictures in the general photography comp from last year, are made on only four occasions.Two of them are vacations.

i didnt read through all of every post so forgive me if its been said...but

I think there should be a comp just for personal automotive photography...meaning that the comp is only for cars that the photographer owns...perhaps it could also be extended to cars that the photographer drives (test drives, friends cars, parents cars) but does not own, so long as the photographer also includes proof that they were in fact driving the car (a photo of the photographer sitting in the drivers seat while the car is moving)

good idea?

Personally I don't think that that would work as well, because then pretty much every shot will be composed, not something that you can just shoot spontaneously. Also, the varyity would start lacking after the first 2-3 weeks, as I don't think many members have more than 2 cars. It might be a good idea, but I think that that should just be reserved to the rides forum.

For those that don't always have time to photograph cars, I could make it weekly but have a limit of pictures taken 6 months ago? I think that that should give enough of a time space to upload pictures you might have already taken and you can still of course enter the newest pictures. I presonally find that a two or more week competition lasts ages, and usually gets lost in all the threads.

k' , good idea , could we take pics of historic cars , as sprint 1600 or a MG B ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Personally I don't think that that would work as well, because then pretty much every shot will be composed, not something that you can just shoot spontaneously. Also, the varyity would start lacking after the first 2-3 weeks, as I don't think many members have more than 2 cars. It might be a good idea, but I think that that should just be reserved to the rides forum.

For those that don't always have time to photograph cars, I could make it weekly but have a limit of pictures taken 6 months ago? I think that that should give enough of a time space to upload pictures you might have already taken and you can still of course enter the newest pictures. I presonally find that a two or more week competition lasts ages, and usually gets lost in all the threads.
    i agree that it should be put in the Rides forum; good idea

6 months ago? sweet!...time for me to dig up some shots of the bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    k' , good idea , could we take pics of historic cars , as sprint 1600 or a MG B ?
    If they're kept within a certain limit of price/rarity, then I'm sure that those could be included.
    Themes could range from "old car parked in the street" to something like "new stationwagon".
    The reason why I suggest 6 months is because, as drakkie has said, is that there might not be time for everyone to find a random car and thus leaves them out of the running. Now there's a possibility that not everyone will be able to enter every week, but I encourage everyone to try, and with some luck some people might even have an enterable shot that they can enter easily.

I believe this competition will come to an end soon.
    1st because having 3 comps will reduce entrants en each.
    2nd because theres no way to define clearly what is a common car. If I lived at California a Maranello would be something normal. Here in Portugal any Dodge is uncommon.
    3rd that will take out the fun of competing for the previous ranking.

I just hope you guys don't try to forbid normal cars on the former competition. I won't enter the new one.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information