Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbird

hmmmm [flash] MIB ROCKS [FLASH]
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    1.) I really should live by my motto... "It doesn't make sense to argue with someone who doesn't make sense."
    But it all makes sense to any reader .
    Let me recap. How TALL a P76 boot was relative to the many you posted was pointed out. You avoided the height and instead wittered ona botu how many could lie down in it. This was irrelevant. A poster pointed out some omre details on teh P76. You got confused and mixed up the Force 7 and P76 links that were posted and imagined that only the Force 7 had a fold-down seat. You ignored that this was ALREADY pointed out. YOU said that the seats did NOT fold down despite having NO evidence. YOU said only estates and hatchbacks had fold down seats and this error was poitned out but not acknowledged. You said the P76 coudlnt' take an oil drum, DESPITE a link YOU provided and a link I did telling you it did.
    Do I need to continue on the "makign sense" front as it all is there, hopefully this synopsis breaks through the hallucination.
    [quote]The F7 has the rear seat that folds down.[/qute]
    erm, EVERYBODY has said that. But for some reason you have concluded counter to the evidence presented that the P76 doesn't ! Why ?? You seem to be ignoring COMPLETELY the point given that plenty of seda cars have fold down rear seats. Another chose hallucination to protect the fantasy ?
    A 1978 Mecury Capri, which is smaller than a P76 (100.4" wheelbase; 179.1" overall length) has a 32.4 cu ft capacity with the rear seat folded down... is that "huge," too?
    Let's see ... is 35 ft^3 huge ? yes. Is 10 ft^3 huge, no. Is there a point in the middle where we subjectively change from not huge to hue ? Clearly. Do *I* consider that 32 is on teh huge side of that dive - sure do. BUT, what has that to do with the issue in hand ?? Nothing. Other than NOW you want to defend SOMETHING to divert the attention
    You make the mistake of assuming that everyone but you is trying to prove some greater point. You make the mistake again of having wandered so far away from the points raised in trying to put up any defense that you've got lost again.
    It's irrelevant, though would be of interest to see the comaprison. I'm betting the 78 Capri is a monocoque and doesn't have the space issues caused by a sperate chassis. You again are assuming that folsk are anti American cars. So far others have focussed on the key issue with the cars posted. It's not and never has been a generic negativity - other than in the warped view you seem to build every time this starts up
    2.) Then by all means you should start right away. Maybe it will help your poor dispostition.
    I'm very rich, financially, intellectually and spiritually thanks very much.
    I'm not the one needing medication to control the hallucinations and to keep focussed
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    in terms of usable space per square inch surface used by the Cadillacs, they are surely hopeless.
    Not necessarily. My '76 Cadillac Limo can seat 9 people... almost double the amount in two modern, compact or mid-sized cars... plus it has a big trunk.

They are big cars, but they also have big space!
    There are exceptions... "personal" cars like the Eldorado or Lincoln Mark IV, but they aren't meant to be space-efficient.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine]But it all makes sense to any reader .
    Let me recap. How TALL a P76 boot was relative to the many you posted was pointed out. You avoided the height and instead wittered ona botu how many could lie down in it. This was irrelevant. A poster pointed out some omre details on teh P76. You got confused and mixed up the Force 7 and P76 links that were posted and imagined that only the Force 7 had a fold-down seat. You ignored that this was ALREADY pointed out. YOU said that the seats did NOT fold down despite having NO evidence. YOU said only estates and hatchbacks had fold down seats and this error was poitned out but not acknowledged. You said the P76 coudlnt' take an oil drum, DESPITE a link YOU provided and a link I did telling you it did.
    The F7 has the rear seat that folds down.[/qute]
    erm, EVERYBODY has said that. But for some reason you have concluded counter to the evidence presented that the P76 doesn't ! Why ?? You seem to be ignoring COMPLETELY the point given that plenty of seda cars have fold down rear seats. Another chose hallucination to protect the fantasy ?

Let's see ... is 35 ft^3 huge ? yes. Is 10 ft^3 huge, no. Is there a point in the middle where we subjectively change from not huge to hue ? Clearly. Do *I* consider that 32 is on teh huge side of that dive - sure do. BUT, what has that to do with the issue in hand ?? Nothing. Other than NOW you want to defend SOMETHING to divert the attention
    Perhaps you can provide some photos showing a P76 (not a P76 Force 7) with the rear seat folded down?
    Nota made the claim of 35 cu ft yet didn't state if that was with the seat up or down. Which is it?
    Where did I say that a P76 couldn't take an oil drum? I didn't say that... I said that it's impossible for a 190" car to have a 35 cu ft trunk (in which the rear seat doesn't fold down). The links say that the P76 Force 7 has 35.69 cu ft with the rear seat folded down and 13.17 with the seat up. And 19.7 for the P76 (nothing said about the rear seat folding down).

The reason I mentioned the Capri with its 32.4 cu ft is to show that many other cars had lots of space with the rear seat down. Why you continue to praise a Leyland (which was considered by many to have a lot of flaws) is beyond me.

Perhaps you can provide some photos showing a P76 (not a P76 Force 7) with the rear seat folded down?
    Why does it have to.
    YUouv'e already been give a credible sourece of the figures FOR the P76.
    Youv'e already been told that many monocoque constructed ( do you kwow the meaning - I really think this is what confuses you ) cars have fold down seats.
    It really casuses a smile to think you believe they arent' around. You do NOT need to be a coupe/hatchback to have fodl down. Go check out ANY Saab, they've done it for as long as *I* can remember
    Nota made the claim of 35 cu ft yet didn't state if that was with the seat up or down. Which is it?
    erm, FURHTER *PROFF* you dont' read. Go back, you'll clearly see what I wrote on the topic. ( really Fleet, THIS is what really pisses off folks. You dont' READ THINGS )
    Where did I say that a P76 couldn't take an oil drum? I didn't say that... I said that it's impossible for a 190" car to have a 35 cu ft trunk (in which the rear seat doesn't fold down).
    Granted, sorry, I took the negativity in that post to suggest you refuted the drum comment. I take your word for that not being the intent.
    The links say that the P76 Force 7 has 35.69 cu ft with the rear seat folded down and 13.17 with the seat up. And 19.7 for the P76 (nothing said about the rear seat folding down).
    And the A-R site tells you it's 35 ft^3 .
    You are making that logical reasoning error of assumign that a LACK of information means a NEGATIVE response -- tut-tut, we tried to fix that bad thinking before
    The LOGICAL reasoning is that for a boot THAT huge then the seat must fold down. Dead simple.

Can only be confirmed by someone getting their bum into a P76. Not sure if there are variants or orderable options. We'll maybe get a p76 expert to confirm.
    The reason I mentioned the Capri with its 32.4 cu ft is to show that many other cars had lots of space with the rear seat down. Why you continue to praise a Leyland (which was considered by many to have a lot of flaws) is beyond me.
    Because it was cited and you refused to acknowledge that it could even come anywhjere near your beloeved behemoths As ever, I se we did NOT get back on teh monocoque versus chassis point, OR the recumbent women versus sitting up man point. it was expected - - sadly
    PS: AGAIN you annoy by maknig an implication. Go back and READ WHT I WROTE -- teh P76 was crap, BLMS at the time was crap. You are making up stories so you can pigeonhole others to give yourself some protection or ego or whatever. Just dont' twist any words from others again. ( Of course, this assumes (probably wrongly) that you actually had read and understood the previous posts ! If you DO have a comprehension problem I do apologise for exposing it in public )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Not necessarily. My '76 Cadillac Limo can seat 9 people... almost double the amount in two modern, compact or mid-sized cars... plus it has a big trunk.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

So do you carry 9 people for at least 50% of the time ?

No ?? Then it's an awful BIG BIG waste of space, isnt' it.

Don't try to rationalise liking cars. Accept that it is a behemoth and you'll get on better. ( Just as I do with Matra's - engineering disasters in so many ways, idiosyncratic French engineering, cheap steel, major issues. But I lvoe them but woudl NEVER try to defend ANY of those aspects of the car. Try to remove the "chip" and be honest with yourself and it will help )

Are you guys really having a 5 page arguement about trunk sizes??

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

So do you carry 9 people for at least 50% of the time ?

No ?? Then it's an awful BIG BIG waste of space, isnt' it.

Don't try to rationalise liking cars. Accept that it is a behemoth and you'll get on better. ( Just as I do with Matra's - engineering disasters in so many ways, idiosyncratic French engineering, cheap steel, major issues. But I lvoe them but woudl NEVER try to defend ANY of those aspects of the car. Try to remove the "chip" and be honest with yourself and it will help )
    What would be better for carpooling... one big limo which can hold 9 people or two smaller cars which can hold 4?
    With one limo, it's one less car on the road compared to the two smaller cars.

Why does it have to.
    1.)YUouv'e already been give a credible sourece of the figures FOR the P76.

And the A-R site tells you it's 35 ft^3 .
    You are making that logical reasoning error of assumign that a LACK of information means a NEGATIVE response -- tut-tut, we tried to fix that bad thinking before
    2.) The LOGICAL reasoning is that for a boot THAT huge then the seat must fold down. Dead simple.

3.)Can only be confirmed by someone getting their bum into a P76. Not sure if there are variants or orderable options. We'll maybe get a p76 expert to confirm.

4.) Because it was cited and you refused to acknowledge that it could even come anywhjere near your beloeved behemoths
    1.) But that A-R site contradicts the link I posted... it said 19.7 cu ft.

2.) If you can post a link which says that the P76 (NOT the Force 7 hatchback) has a rear seat that folds down, then I will concede.

3.)Now you're talking! I'd like someone who has actually familiar with those cars to supply more info because now I'm really curious.

4.) You forget that I also like '60s/early '70s muscle and pony cars, not just the great old behemoth Cadillacs. And some of those were not big at all.

Don't try to rationalise liking cars. Accept that it is a behemoth and you'll get on better.
    Of course it's a behemoth... I like 'em that way! (Well, muscle cars, too). The huge size gives a great and quiet ride, enormous comfort and room inside and plenty of storage space.

And they are popular (over here, at least) because you just can't buy big cars anymore at an affordable price. Maybe that's why many "behemoths" are selling for big bucks?
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 12-11-2005 at 10:03 PM.

What would be better for carpooling... one big limo which can hold 9 people or two smaller cars which can hold 4?
    With one limo, it's one less car on the road compared to the two smaller cars.
    ANSWER THE QUESTION.

How many times do you ACTUALLY carry 9 people ??

if the two smaller cars are diesels or European/Japanesse spec sedans there is no brainer. You coudl get 4 of them for the resources footprint of a behemoth

1.) But that A-R site contradicts the link I posted... it said 19.7 cu ft.
    It does NOT.
    I've already explained your logic error.
    You can't see it then go learn some reasoning skills. I woudl recommend DeBono's series of books, not only does his approach build thinking skills in kids it also exposes the errors in our own.
    2.) If you can post a link which says that the P76 (NOT the Force 7 hatchback) has a rear seat that folds down, then I will concede.
    Unecessary. See point 1) The link provided QUTOED a space just slightly smaller thean the one quoted for the Force 7. It's the norm for cars over here to have fold down seats in sedans and so the author woudl not have foudn it necessary to add the comment assumign that readers woudl use some commonsense. See 3)
    3.)Now you're talking! I'd like someone who has actually familiar with those cars to supply more info because now I'm really curious.
    yep
    4.) You forget that I also like '60s/early '70s muscle and pony cars, not just the great old behemoth Cadillacs. And some of those were not big at all.
    How many of them had fold down seats ?

Quote Originally Posted by PBB
    Are you guys really having a 5 page arguement about trunk sizes??
    no, it's actually about logic, reading and reasoning.
    Haven't you spotted that already ??

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

How many times do you ACTUALLY carry 9 people ??

if the two smaller cars are diesels or European/Japanesse spec sedans there is no brainer. You coudl get 4 of them for the resources footprint of a behemoth
    Actually, when I was working at my Chatsworth job, I would carry three people to the bus stop and one to her apartment.

However, don't forget that most people who bought limos were for two reasons:
    1. Funeral parlor owners, in which they needed cars which could seat many people, the family and relatives of the deceased.
    2. CEO/business owners who would hire a chauffeuer and would ride in the back.

What? Two cars doing the job one could do? With Los Angeles' crowded streets and freeways, I'd rather see one less car rather than even more!

1.) It does NOT.

2.) Unecessary. See point 1) The link provided QUTOED a space just slightly smaller thean the one quoted for the Force 7. It's the norm for cars over here to have fold down seats in sedans and so the author woudl not have foudn it necessary to add the comment assumign that readers woudl use some commonsense. See 3)

3.) yep

4.) How many of them had fold down seats ?
    1.) Once again... the link I (got it? *I*) provided, quoted 19.7 cu ft for the Leyland P76 sedan (not the Force 7).

2.) But the Force 7 was not the vehicle Nota was referring to. The car in the photo he posted is a P76.. a sedan, not a hatchback. And, incidentally, including any space with the rear seat down would be trunk and cabin space, not just trunk space. What would you say to a 1976 Olds Custom Cruiser which had 105 cu ft of space? That makes the Force 7s space look downright tiny!

3.) Yeah, where is Nota? On vacation or something... he's the one who started this!

4.) Not many had fold down seats... the '66-'67 Dodge Charger, '64-'68 Plymouth Barracuda. None of the Camaros did; I believe some years of Mustangs did. That's about it. Most didn't... the later Chargers and all Chevelles, Fairlanes, Torinos, GTXs, Road Runners, Skylarks, 4-4-2s, GTOs, etc didn't have fold down seats.

Thread Information