Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto ads ive made.

Actually thats supposed to be an m6. Its the picture provided at the front page of bmw.com and if you click the save as it says its an m6. As far as the distortion on all the pictures go, all i did was resize them so they fit the best. And all pictures were taking from various sites, so they arent really the best ones to have in ads, but they are all i have to work w/ now.

As far as the font, i cant remember which font it was that even though people like, it isnt good in ads. So i just use anything close to times new roman, even though it is likely that areil is fine to use. I just didnt chance it for a grade, and havent gotten around to experimenting w/ fonts. And prius if you break that long paragraph into to seperate ones, its easier on the eye.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    try using the font I used in this Five Hundred ad I created. it's Ariel, in bold. (information) headline is Ariel Black.
    looks like a bunch of car fact's slaped together, otherwise the general look of the ad is good just not the written part. Also add "you get a quater the engine of a 60,000 car too"
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 10-05-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    mitsubishis onto a winner here.
    Oh shit, that is so funny. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    try using the font I used in this Five Hundred ad I created. it's Ariel, in bold. (information) headline is Ariel Black.
    Arial is a pig of a font.

I like the 3 series ones. And the Intimidation one. Check your antialiasing setting in Photoshop tough. As for your design skills, a lot of work I'm afraid but I guess that isn't part of the education you're doing ?

EDIT: **** those ads (the links, not your ads ).
    Last edited by Lagonda; 10-06-2005 at 12:55 PM.

I havent taken any design classes yet. All of these were done during my intro to advertising class. So you really shouldnt expect too much, i just thought id share. Get some insight on what everyone thinks.
    You can call me scott.

you forgot one thing in the first ad. the name of the car. you have the specifications but a normal person should be told that the ad is about the M3.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    you forgot one thing in the first ad. the name of the car. you have the specifications but a normal person should be told that the ad is about the M3.

Yeah i guess thats true, another oversight i guess. But atleast they know its a bmw, they know where to go to find more info if they want, and where to buy one. The normal peson sometimes mixes up the names of the models anyways. But still, it should have been included.
    You can call me scott.

Guest Guest
    they are great! keep up the good work Scottie

Yep, they are really good!

Try downloading these "1000 font packs" on google, guaranteed to get a few decent fonts

Found another bmw ad and here is another non-car related ad.

The headline might read better if it was "meets" instead of "meet" but any ways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information