Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: holdens/fords

holdens/fords

I'm a big HOLDEN fan but I dont like the new backs on the holden, it just looks like they through on some magna lights and put on some black triming. This year the Fords look great and the XR8 has that beautiful V8 suond which you dont here much anymore.

Cool

Attached Images Attached Images

i heard that in sydney, where i live, that 2 people hated the rear styling so much they paid $15000 to graft the rear onto the back of a vyss. too bad the monaro tailights no longer fit on the commodore

i forgot to say it was a vx rear grafted onto the vy

you have to wonder why these guys spent that much to fix the rear end. If you dont like it that much maybe buy another car. It would have been cheaper to but a VX and put a VY front end on if thats what they wanted. I like the look of the VY so much I bought one. I will concede they look better in SS/SV8 form with the light surrounds blackened and the spoiler. If anyhting the VY lends itself to an agressive sporty look more than the standard Exec style. The base models are where I think the Fords have them beat.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    you have to wonder why these **** wits spent that much to fix the rear end. If you dont like it that much maybe buy another car. It would have been cheaper to but a VX and put a VY front end on if thats what they wanted. I like the look of the VY so much I bought one. I will concede they look better in SS/SV8 form with the light surrounds blackened and the spoiler. If anyhting the VY lends itself to an agressive sporty look more than the standard Exec style. The base models are where I think the Fords have them beat.
    I agree, Ford has deffinately beeten Holden with the base model.

Here in Brazil, GM sells the Chevrolet Omega that is on the truth a modified Holden Commodore (if this is the correct name) since 1998, but every year they make some appearance modifications and this yearīs model, I think, is the worst one...
    take some pics...

It looks pretty well like a Calais which is the Australian designation of the top spec Commodore. Do they sell many in Brazil?

Originally posted by crisis
    It looks pretty well like a Calais which is the Australian designation of the top spec Commodore. Do they sell many in Brazil?
    Yeah man, the Chevrolet Omega is the best seller in itīs cathegory because of itīs ascendence that is the old generation Omega that came from europeīs Opel Omega...
    Despite Omega itīs a very luxury car, I would like to see a version with the V8 engine that it has in Australia, but unfortunately ours roadways are in too bad conditions of conservation and high speeds are unable to do in safe conditions....
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

Major bummer about no V8. These thing with the Gen III Chev motor a a lot of fun.

do any of u holden fans know what the **** holdens doing spoiling their top of the range luxury model with standard sports suspension an a 245kw V8?

Whats wrong with a 245kw V8. There are two models, Statesman and Caprice. I think that its only the Caprice they have the sports suspension on. It actually got a good review somewhere I read.

whats wrong is they turned their luxury swb limousine into a sports barge

I know what there doing with the 245kw V8 there making a great car and with the DVD players in the head rests it makes it even better. Now why would anyone want to by a Farlaine when they can have that? Anyone else like it?

by the way that picture of the GT Falcon above ill admit its a good car but that is close to the worse color ive ever seen
    I Love Holden

Thread Information