Thread: More new FIA rules

More new FIA rules

The FIA have came up with some more new rules for 2006. They are planning on creating a list of the top drivers and banning them from using an older model car (pre-2006) because these will have an advantage over the 2006 models as they are not allowed active-diffs etc. If this rules does go ahead then Loeb and Gronholm won't be able to join a privateer Citroen team! I can see their point with this rule as it would be unfair on other drivers for Loeb and Gronholm to be allowed active-diffs and all other top drivers aren't. Although I am not convinced that this just happens to be a coincidence with Loeb and Gronholm joining Oraca.

Another rule they have come up with which I don't fully understand is that if a driver wants to pull out of a rally on the Sunday (Day 3) for whatever reason, they will still be considered to of finished. It sounds like they are taking the already ridiculous 'SupeRally' rule one step further.

The FIA are also allowing teams the option of not entering all 16 events and still be entered in the Manufacturers Title. Skoda and Mitsubishi have apparently already been given the option of only competing in 13 events. Maybe this will convince Skoda to stay in 2006?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

They all sound sensible.

If they DONT do the first one then every top driver will run a year old car for a private team and win events !! As long as no drivers were going that route they didnt' need the rule added. Some are, so they need to re-level the playign field

Second one seems odd. Need to review the other rules to see if it's added to stop drivers pulling out and that rally not counting to their license and status.

Third one inevitable too. Not all teams can afford the increased WRC events. So they kind of have to slacken the rule forcing them to all or teams may not enter at all.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    They all sound sensible.

If they DONT do the first one then every top driver will run a year old car for a private team and win events !! As long as no drivers were going that route they didnt' need the rule added. Some are, so they need to re-level the playign field

Second one seems odd. Need to review the other rules to see if it's added to stop drivers pulling out and that rally not counting to their license and status.

Third one inevitable too. Not all teams can afford the increased WRC events. So they kind of have to slacken the rule forcing them to all or teams may not enter at all.
    yeah that third rule will make it kinda like the 205 challenge style scoring system

you have a championship that consists of 6 events in ym case but only your top 4 results count to the championship, could make it better for some teams as rallies that are known hard ones teams might pull out of which could leave lesser teams competing and scoring more points in them
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information