Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: calling FPV

calling FPV

seeing as your the lead go to guy about fords, my dad recently aquired a ford falcon XT mk2 rs < (or something with two letters) and anyway, its a 4.0 litre four speed auto (for ease around sydney driving) and anyway, its got optional 17 inch rims, i was with him when we test drove a copy of the car @ the dealers, and that had the 17 rims. when we got our car off the truck (delivered to our door) excelent service! we realised on our first drive that the suspension was very much stiffer, we thought "well it isnt the tyres because weve driven this car before" so, we went hunting for a ford mk 2 XR6 (we found many) we got to one at a car park, parked it side by side, and realised that it was really close to the XR6T's height. the next day (today) we got it next to a GT, it wasnt as low as one. do you think they could have mixed up suspension parts? or just a dud one off occurance?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Was it an SR you drove at the dealers as well though? The SR pack comes with the 17's, bodykit and sports suspension to give it more appeal so that would explain it being stiffer than a "normal" Falcon XT. The suspension tune on the car is pretty special in that the engineers were able to give it sports handling without the compromise of rock hard suspension so even on the GT's, the car is fast enough through the corners and also doesnt crash over potholes and speedbumps. The only bad thing about it is the sports suspension on the XT isnt as good as that fitted to the XR's, the XR suspension setup is completely unique
    I am the Stig

hmm.. we know it was the SR, because there were two there (one with the nomal kit & the dvd player and our one with the special kit and the 6 stacker CD. (though now i think about it they both might have it)

i am really at a loss and its pissing me off!
    lol...

thanks anyway
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Well its the Falcon XT Classic that has the DVD player and 6 stacker and the SR with all the sporty bits and pieces
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    seeing as your the lead go to guy about fords, my dad recently aquired a ford falcon XT mk2 rs < (or something with two letters) and anyway, its a 4.0 litre four speed auto (for ease around sydney driving) and anyway, its got optional 17 inch rims, i was with him when we test drove a copy of the car @ the dealers, and that had the 17 rims. when we got our car off the truck (delivered to our door) excelent service! we realised on our first drive that the suspension was very much stiffer, we thought "well it isnt the tyres because weve driven this car before" so, we went hunting for a ford mk 2 XR6 (we found many) we got to one at a car park, parked it side by side, and realised that it was really close to the XR6T's height. the next day (today) we got it next to a GT, it wasnt as low as one. do you think they could have mixed up suspension parts? or just a dud one off occurance?

you want to know why your car is stiffer... Ford may not have done a pre-delivery inspection on your car and have left the transport chocks in the suspension... this would make the ride super stiff... or they may have done the pre-delivery inspection but just didn't remove the transport chocks...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-25-2005 at 04:07 AM.

That'd be it.....he said the car was delivered straight off the truck infront of his house afterall. Although i'd expect that would alter the ride height somewhat
    I am the Stig

Could just be like holden do when they give option 17-18" wheels stick the stiffer suspension on so you dont kill the suspension in the first year of driving.

Like the guy that bought a Merc and had bigger rims stuck on the seller didnt stop to think they were bigger and needed the suspension done 2 years later this guys suspension is rat shit the dealer got sacked $110,000 car. The dealer wanted a sale thats all he got one allright out the door
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well thats what Ford do exactly, option sports suspension you gotta get bigger wheels, option bigger wheels you gotta get sports suspension. Option the V8 you gotta get both

The SR pack though has both anyway as well as the bodykit, rear spoiler, sports shifter....couple of other small things
    I am the Stig

hows the 4.0 go? im keen on a falcon in the next few months.
    The Datto will rage again...

dude, the 4.0 six has NO lack of grunt.

btw, he asked at the ford place, they thought he opted for the XR8 suspension... so we have a base model (or close to) falcon with xr8 suspension!!!

the six is a really good car, i would recomend one over the commie anyday, the commie isnt as solid inside the cabin...

it feels like pieces will fall off almost...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Your after the T6 arent you?
    I am the Stig

btw, do you know if there is any truth about the specs between the XR6 and the base are the same? because the engine is the same, and (usualy) the suspension etc is too..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

dude, the 4.0 six has NO lack of grunt.

btw, he asked at the ford place, they thought he opted for the XR8 suspension... so we have a base model (or close to) falcon with xr8 suspension!!!

the six is a really good car, i would recomend one over the commie anyday, the commie isnt as solid inside the cabin...

it feels like pieces will fall off almost...
    I suppose 380nm @ 3250rpm does that

They definately screwed up with the suspension though, if it truly is the XR suspension then you've definately got a unique car.

Issues like that with the interior arent uncommon, comes with them being a low cost mass produced car
    I am the Stig

i guess so?

anyway. whats with people liking holdens? maybe slick could tell us! :P
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

btw, do you know if there is any truth about the specs between the XR6 and the base are the same? because the engine is the same, and (usualy) the suspension etc is too..
    Yeah engine's the same as an XT, the XR6 has the XR suspension which is stiffer than the sports suspension that shouldve been on your XT SR The XR6's got power rear windows and a few other things in the interior. They sell so damn many of them cause theyre only about $300 more than a Futura
    I am the Stig

Thread Information