Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Rights Watch Reporting New Incidents of Detainee Torture by American Soldiers

making them hold gallons of water...human pyramids...standing naked, that really isnt bad at all...unless theres something i missed?

and why is there not this much outrage over dictators etc that do this routinely?

and just to add i hope that if there is something illegal that has been done that those involved are punished to the full extent of the law, and perhaps be tortured in the same manner
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

whoa....16 posts on one page?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    making them hold gallons of water...human pyramids...standing naked, that really isnt bad at all...unless theres something i missed?
    If a bunch of Iraqis made you strip and do these things, I'm sure you would be totally humiliated. It's completely de-humanizing. This is torture by definition. Also, it mentions in this particular case much worse things, including breaking someone's leg with a basebal bat.

and why is there not this much outrage over dictators etc that do this routinely?
    Since when? There is a hell of a lot of outrage over the bastards who do this in various places around the world. I hope they suffer a fate equal or worse than these soldiers. It's awful how much more difficult it is to prosecute these people when they themselves are at the top of the heirarchy.

deal eggnog...

on another note, it sounds like torture to me, but....they wouldn't have been tortured if they had surrendured when the troops came in. They definetly had the choice to surrended and help the troops put an end to the dictatorship and terrorism.

Still, people shouldn't judge all of American's based on a few corrupt soldiers.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

This crap is horrifying. Just think about what their not telling us though, there is absolutely no excuse for something like this to happen. It really isn't appropriate to judge everyone by one person. I wont go into politics but anyone know what happens when you type in "Failure" on google? I wont say just check it out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche

and just to add i hope that if there is something illegal that has been done that those involved are punished to the full extent of the law, and perhaps be tortured in the same manner
    I, honestly, hope you're kidding.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    This crap is horrifying. Just think about what their not telling us though, there is absolutely no excuse for something like this to happen. It really isn't appropriate to judge everyone by one person. I wont go into politics but anyone know what happens when you type in "Failure" on google? I wont say just check it out.
    Completely agree.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I wont go into politics but anyone know what happens when you type in "Failure" on google? I wont say just check it out.
    That's right, someone Google bombed, therefore it must be true.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Eggnog wanted to show you guys how good he is at insulting me.
    Werty, some advice, we can see the posts even if you delete them
    Interesting mental process that you're using having reviewd ALL the posts !!!
    Anyways, you guys shouldn't judge an entire country's morals and ethic's on a few corrupt people's actions. Every signle country in this world has criminals, America is no different.
    Odd, 'some' people judged all of Iraq and Muslims based on a couple of lunatics !!!!
    Can't throw stones if you live in the glasshouse
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Odd, 'some' people judged all of Iraq and Muslims based on a couple of lunatics !!!!
    Can't throw stones if you live in the glasshouse
    The irony of this statement is....if you see a Muslim there's a 99.9% chance they aren't a terrorist....on the flip side if you see a terrorist there's a 99.9% chance they are Muslim.

Your wrong, theve still got narco guerrillas and terrorists in the Philipines so if you think that 99.9% of terrorists are Muslim thats bullshit. Just because right now the people that are at the top of the most wanted list are Muslim DOESNT mean that they make up the majority...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    The irony of this statement is....if you see a Muslim there's a 99.9% chance they aren't a terrorist....on the flip side if you see a terrorist there's a 99.9% chance they are Muslim.
    see THAT is why you guys need to stop watching FOX NEWS !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    Your wrong, theve still got narco guerrillas and terrorists in the Philipines so if you think that 99.9% of terrorists are Muslim thats bullshit. Just because right now the people that are at the top of the most wanted list are Muslim DOESNT mean that they make up the majority...

Given that there are millions more Muslims than Philippines I'd say my assertion is closer to correct than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Depends on your POV

Initially, didn't ±70% of Americans believe that Iraq was responsible for 9/11? Does than make them idiots, or just dangerously naive & gullible?

Similarly, regarding the majority who supported America's terror-inducing invasion, murder, mayhem and destruction of Iraq .. does this make those promoters of violence (and the coalition forces who delivered such terror) terrorists too?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    see THAT is why you guys need to stop watching FOX NEWS !!!!!

How cliche...

Thread Information