Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Zonda fugly or is it just me?

Is the Zonda fugly or is it just me?

lets make no mistakes, i realise the zonda is an incredible achievement, a very fast car in anyone´s book and i just said in another forum topic it is a very influential car that will undoubtedly have a following among carmakers.

but it is really very ugly!

Lets start with the new Zonda F badge, they put a little horizontal line on the Z so that the Z resembles the F. but it really only makes it look like the car is called Fonda. the little mirrors just look so flimsy, and in the previous Zonda S they really didnt look very useful (im sure they did work, but then why change the location?)

then theres the proportions. theyre just...ugly and awkward. soa re the new headlamps which look like they got them wrong on how the CAD data was transferred to the carbon fibre and it was too expensive to manufacture the cars front end all over again. then theres the machine gun exhaust that is just terrible and with those taillights that look completely out of proportion.

it seems to me theres too much space between the greenhouse and the rear wheel. and there seems to be a whole lot of flat planes with no lines or anything to give those body panels some character.

then theres the interior. its just tasteless isnt it. i mean, ive seen examples with carbon fibre elements such as the handbrake, the dashboard....and red leather, with tons of ornaments and worst of all, quilted seats and door upholstery. why couldnt they put an aluminium dashboard and peanut colored leather. they should look at the Spyker cars to see where quilted patterns work and how to make them work. that carbon and leather looks especially nasty with the steering wheel and its lower part made of wood. Wood! on a modern sports car! with a carbon fibre dashboard! horror of horrors i think. makes the hot wheels-designed interior of the f430 look harmonious by comparison.

so, as a conclusion, it might be one of the best supercars ever made, but that doesnt take away the fact that the Pagani Zonda is fugly.

as designers say, function before form.

your oppinion is valid, however the zonda does one thing better then alot of other supercars. it stands out in a croud.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by teatako
    lets make no mistakes, i realise the zonda is an incredible achievement, a very fast car in anyone´s book and i just said in another forum topic it is a very influential car that will undoubtedly have a following among carmakers.

but it is really very ugly!

Lets start with the new Zonda F badge, they put a little horizontal line on the Z so that the Z resembles the F. but it really only makes it look like the car is called Fonda. the little mirrors just look so flimsy, and in the previous Zonda S they really didnt look very useful (im sure they did work, but then why change the location?)

then theres the proportions. theyre just...ugly and awkward. soa re the new headlamps which look like they got them wrong on how the CAD data was transferred to the carbon fibre and it was too expensive to manufacture the cars front end all over again. then theres the machine gun exhaust that is just terrible and with those taillights that look completely out of proportion.

it seems to me theres too much space between the greenhouse and the rear wheel. and there seems to be a whole lot of flat planes with no lines or anything to give those body panels some character.

then theres the interior. its just tasteless isnt it. i mean, ive seen examples with carbon fibre elements such as the handbrake, the dashboard....and red leather, with tons of ornaments and worst of all, quilted seats and door upholstery. why couldnt they put an aluminium dashboard and peanut colored leather. they should look at the Spyker cars to see where quilted patterns work and how to make them work. that carbon and leather looks especially nasty with the steering wheel and its lower part made of wood. Wood! on a modern sports car! with a carbon fibre dashboard! horror of horrors i think. makes the hot wheels-designed interior of the f430 look harmonious by comparison.

so, as a conclusion, it might be one of the best supercars ever made, but that doesnt take away the fact that the Pagani Zonda is fugly.

you're ugly.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

its fugly...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

It's not really good-looking, but it ain't fugly. Well let me put it this way: it's ugly, but the status and charisma that comes with the car, makes it all good.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

^Yeah, what he said...
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

imo it's one of the most beatiful supercars
    12 cylinders or walk!

Ush..lad
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

That's just you

Pagani Zonda looks so niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!

IMO the Zonda F is a good looking car, maybe not the prettiest ever, but as Jorismo said, the status and charisma that comes with the car, makes it impressive non-the-less!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    It is in my top 10 ugly supercar list, being somewhere near 3. Welcome to the club.

i hated it at first, but then it grew on me. its not elegant... but i still like its flamboyance.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

just you... well, at least not me...

<500th post>
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

I have always been a fence-sitter on this topic. If I'm looking only at the appearance of the vehicle, I can never really decide if I think it's appealing or not. There's no denying that it is one of the most aggressive looking machines out there, as it should be, or that the presentation of the exhaust in the rear is just plain cool. However, I think maybe if it were a little longer or a little shorter, or even wider maybe, it might be more attractive, as the cockpit appears too bulbous in my opinion. The roadster is absolutely gorgeous to me, for just that reason.

Even though I am back and forth on whether I think the car looks good or not, like others have said, it is impossible to ignore the charisma and importance of this vehicle, which gives it its very own type of beauty.

I completely agree, it's an absolutely awesome car and I love it but it's just too ugly. It's a bit too weird. But I wouldn't mind owning one, I could live with the ugly part

Thread Information