Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the Zonda fugly or is it just me?

i dont think it looks as good as a lot of other people make it out to be. cant talk smack about its performance tho. or the fact that its made out of carbon fiber, which is my favorite part about it.
    stereotonin

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    'sif thats not an ass you wouldnt do!
    The three sexiest asses at the '04 Paris Motor Show in fact!
    Attached Images Attached Images

*drools* i love them all so much
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by teatako
    Is the Zonda fugly or is it just me?
    It's just you.
    Lets start with the new Zonda F badge, they put a little horizontal line on the Z so that the Z resembles the F. but it really only makes it look like the car is called Fonda. the little mirrors just look so flimsy, and in the previous Zonda S they really didnt look very useful (im sure they did work, but then why change the location?)
    I know several people who write 'z's' with a line through the middle. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by teakato
    then theres the proportions. theyre just...ugly and awkward. soa re the new headlamps which look like they got them wrong on how the CAD data was transferred to the carbon fibre and it was too expensive to manufacture the cars front end all over again. then theres the machine gun exhaust that is just terrible and with those taillights that look completely out of proportion.
    I think it's naive to call any bit of design on this disproportionate or unfinished. The amount of detail and craftsmenship in the car is just mind-blowing. Fine, call it 'disproportionate,' but, by that logic, F1 cars are disproportionate, too.

it seems to me theres too much space between the greenhouse and the rear wheel. and there seems to be a whole lot of flat planes with no lines or anything to give those body panels some character.
    Is that a joke?

then theres the interior. its just tasteless isnt it. i mean, ive seen examples with carbon fibre elements such as the handbrake, the dashboard....and red leather, with tons of ornaments and worst of all, quilted seats and door upholstery. why couldnt they put an aluminium dashboard and peanut colored leather. they should look at the Spyker cars to see where quilted patterns work and how to make them work. that carbon and leather looks especially nasty with the steering wheel and its lower part made of wood. Wood! on a modern sports car! with a carbon fibre dashboard! horror of horrors i think. makes the hot wheels-designed interior of the f430 look harmonious by comparison.
    Spyker's interiors look stupid to me. I don't want the interior of my car to look like a 19th Century patchwork quilt. I want a car that has lots of emphasis on small bits and pieces, that all eventually come together as a funtional, yet 'elegant' design. I want a car's interior to look like it's been built today. You've also brought to mind how fugly the F430 interior is. NOT.

so, as a conclusion, it might be one of the best supercars ever made, but that doesnt take away the fact that the Pagani Zonda is fugly.
    You're mad. In conclusion, a bit of an education in personal hand scripts, basic design elements and overall flow would help you understand and appreciate this masterpiece of metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Esperante; 10-18-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Fonda lol

no the zonda is beautiful its quite obvious

It's very hard to design a supercar such as the Zonda without it looking like a kit car, the Zonda looks expensive and exotic as it should. It has features that have been broadly coveted,accepted and liked like the cab forward jet fighter cockpit... and the voluptuous 'coke bottle' shape. As usual what sets a car apart from others is detail and it's easy to see a lot of thought went into the design of every inch of this car....very nice touches. The interior is a bit overcooked for me but I can forgive that because it lends to the conversation piece aspect of the total car.

The taste required for it's design might be a bit narrow, but I find it unique and seductive...and as someone said it will demand attention.

Zonda

lets make no mistakes, i realise the zonda is an incredible achievement, a very fast car in anyone´s book and i just said in another forum topic it is a very influential car that will undoubtedly have a following among carmakers.

but it is really very ugly!

Lets start with the new Zonda F badge, they put a little horizontal line on the Z so that the Z resembles the F. but it really only makes it look like the car is called Fonda. the little mirrors just look so flimsy, and in the previous Zonda S they really didnt look very useful (im sure they did work, but then why change the location?)

then theres the proportions. theyre just...ugly and awkward. soa re the new headlamps which look like they got them wrong on how the CAD data was transferred to the carbon fibre and it was too expensive to manufacture the cars front end all over again. then theres the machine gun exhaust that is just terrible and with those taillights that look completely out of proportion.

it seems to me theres too much space between the greenhouse and the rear wheel. and there seems to be a whole lot of flat planes with no lines or anything to give those body panels some character.

then theres the interior. its just tasteless isnt it. i mean, ive seen examples with carbon fibre elements such as the handbrake, the dashboard....and red leather, with tons of ornaments and worst of all, quilted seats and door upholstery. why couldnt they put an aluminium dashboard and peanut colored leather. they should look at the Spyker cars to see where quilted patterns work and how to make them work. that carbon and leather looks especially nasty with the steering wheel and its lower part made of wood. Wood! on a modern sports car! with a carbon fibre dashboard! horror of horrors i think. makes the hot wheels-designed interior of the f430 look harmonious by comparison.

so, as a conclusion, it might be one of the best supercars ever made, but that doesnt take away the fact that the Pagani Zonda is fugly.
    I would believe that you are a moron and one who is fugly himself or he/she would not post this ........LOL! And I think that the Zonda is an all around good car
    -=WhiteshadoW=-

I think the interior is OTT on the Zonda, although the exterior is nice.. like I said before. I think the designers may have been on some acid while drawing out the cabin.

The exterior is not the best, but it works in the flesh. Anyway, the cockpit looks awesome, which is where you would spend most of the time anyway, plus you have got that wonderful noise.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    What is top?

Enzo?
    Enzo ties in on number 2.

Ugly? It’s just too definitive a word. I think it’s outlandish and a little overdone. It does stand out and that is important for an exotic. That’s why so many exotics draw strong initial reactions. Enzo, many find it “ugly”, come on. Have you seen one up close? There is aesthetic perfection and its rarely reached. SLR’s snout is too long, Gallardo looks too watered down to be a Lambo, and Saleen S7 is too slat happy, but none of them is ugly.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

having finally seen one in person i say its hot.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    it is fugly
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

i love the zonda
    its not exactly pretty but i wouldn't call it ugly

Thread Information