Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3000gt v4 - Integra - or Gti ?

3000gt v4 - Integra - or Gti ?

My friend has an Acura Integra, has pretty much nothing on it - stock. My other friend brags about his Volkswagen Gti and his 222hp (pretty light car too). I'm just getting into cars and dont know too much about them. I'm looking for a fast car to purchase for the summer ... I simply want something that can Smoke my friends! So i was looking into the 3000gt v4's and saw that they came with 320hp stock ... but are also kinda heavy :\ um ... So if i get the 3000gt v4, would i totally smoke that Integra (stock), and my annoying braggin Volks Gti 222hp friend? Thank You all
    PS: oh and i have another friend with a 180HP Honda Civic, will i also be able to somke him too?!

well first of the 3000 is a VR4 not v4. I think you should be able to smoke them, but there are vairables. a manual vr4 will be much better then the auto, and yes the car is heavy but with all that power on tap and the fact that it is awd u should be able to take them, and it depends on how good of a driver u are. just a note- i have a 220hp awd talon(eclipse) awd, thats a manual, and my friend has a manual VR4, he gets me every time unless he shifts bad. They're nice cars but u gotta treat it good. When things break they tend to be a little on the pricy side. Oh yeah and if you arn't sure u can beat them, go buy a manual boost controller for like 40 bucks and slap that on and raise the boost to bout 15lbs or so. good luck

Get a 3000 gt vr4, one of my best friends has one and the car flies, u can beat all of your friends cars and many more. It is faster than a mustang gt (another friend of mine has one and they raced) or than a honda S2000 (again a friend has it)..

Thx

Ok thanks guys ... I think i'm gonna go with the 3000gt vr4, the only thing i'm affraid of is light cars, such as Honda Civic Hatch Backs, Crx's, 2nd Gen Rx7 Turbo II's, Integras, taking off on me at the start lol ... hopefully with the 3000gt's power that wont happen, but just to be sure, what are the specs on a 1994 3000gt vr4 stock?

They wont beat u at the start trust me, besides the vr4 is all wheel drive which gives u a big advantage when starting a race. I believe the specs are 320 hp twin turbo cause that's how the 92 model is

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    They wont beat u at the start trust me, besides the vr4 is all wheel drive which gives u a big advantage when starting a race.
    Only an advanatage over FWD cars.
    RWD and especially mid/rear engine RWD cars get enough traction to beat the extra weight and power loss of an AWD.
    I don't know the weights of the cars concerned ( or tyre sizes ) so I can't say for sure how close it will be.
    But Nissan 300ZX and my A610 often beat Scoobies on 1/4 and exiting corners.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroguN
    Ok thanks guys ... I think i'm gonna go with the 3000gt vr4, the only thing i'm affraid of is light cars, such as Honda Civic Hatch Backs, Crx's, 2nd Gen Rx7 Turbo II's, Integras, taking off on me at the start lol ... hopefully with the 3000gt's power that wont happen, but just to be sure, what are the specs on a 1994 3000gt vr4 stock?

320hp twin turbo awd and i think it has all wheel steering too. why are u affraid of light cars. you know that to get a civic no matter what kind, or even and integras, it takes a lot to get them to move as fast as a 3000 gt. the only thing i would worry about are the other cars in the same class, such as a supra, 300zx, EVO, modified eclipse(not in class but cheap to make fast), RX-7. basicly all the high horse power japanese cars, and of course the obvious viper, other 3000 modified etc.

Hp

Sup ppl - as soon as i get my 3000gt vr4 i'm getting an intake on it. This one in particular : www.turboimports.com/hks-1504sm006.html - how much hp would i increase on the Vr4 with an intake such as that one? And is there any other cheap way to get my HP higher? I'm looking to spend no more that 1g. Please hook me up with some sites on cheap parts for the 3000gt lol i want to have atleast 400hp for the summer - We're all taking our cars to the track.

:d

And all my friends basically have : Honda Civic 180HP, Acura Integra 175HP, Honda Civic Coupe 150HP, Volkswagen Gti 222HP. The only one i should worry about is my bro's friend ... Mustang Mach 1 320HP Stock v8 lol but i dont care about him i jus wanna smoke my friends.

<('-')>

Oh and i also have some friends with "upcoming cars" for the summer, such as: Honda Prelude, Volkswagen Jetta, Toyota Mr2 Turbo

the vr4 is no doubt a sweet car...but it is heavy. It's not a race car, but more of a cruiser. It has too much technology, they included things like aws, awd, adjustable exhaust...great car, but would be better with less weight. You will beat most of your friends. Keep in mind, if they don't have their cars dynoed, their probably not making that kind of power. There was an import show near me and a lot of the ricers discovered all the bolt on mods and air intakes didn't add that much HP.

On that note...i would look into a genII rx7. You can get one for a lot less than a vr4, it'll weigh less, AND it will beat your friends off the line. Another option would be a mustang gt with the 302...some simple mods can free up serious HP out of that engine.

I don't think you'll go wrong either way. You'll have a lot of fun in that vr4, i can definately say that.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Where is all this smokin taking place. I'll keep clear. If your one aim in life is to smoke your friends cars you will end up in an endless spiral. Oh, and good advice about screwing up the boost. That should do it. I am loath to give this advice but the cheapest way to get instant horsepower is with nitrous. If you are going to drag your mates over short distances that will do the trick .That is until they get it as well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

the intake will add a lil hp, maybe if your lucky 15hp. But if you wanna spend only a 1g its gonna be tough. exhaust and a downpipe will be over a grand for that car but it will be worth it. so if you wanna spend a little bit over a grand, get a boost controller, exhaust( turbo back-no cat) and intake. I do like sandwich's idea of a rx-7 that may even be the better way to go.

here's a good site to go too. they guys here are real helpful and the whole site is about 3000gt/stealths. good luck

http://www.3si.org/ if u look on the right in the resources box there will be a mods icon. click in then go to power mods. it will be in stages and it will tell you the est. hp gain done by each mod.
    Last edited by mooseTSi; 02-17-2004 at 09:13 AM.

Wink Vr-4

Good luck with the VR-4, Have fun......
    Enjoy, take care of it.

400hp for Less than 1g

Hey thx alot ppl. Look at what i found! LoL! - http://www.turboimports.com/400hppackage.html
    400hp for a little under 1g - hey guys what's better a manual boost controller or an auto ( what's the difference?) and i'm also thnkin of getting a blow off valve .

Thread Information