Thread: Dodge Ram SRT-10 sets Book of World Records

Dodge Ram SRT-10 sets Book of World Records

Dodge Ram SRT-10 to set Guiness Book of World Records "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck!

Displacement: 8.275 cm³
    Power KW / HP: 368 / 500
    Torque: 711 Nm
    Top Speed: 245 Km/h
    0 to 100 Km/h: 5.0 sec
    Valvetrain: V10

they may be smiling now but this time next year i think the records going to be broken again. the FPV Pursuit and HSV Maloo R8 could easily achieve those speeds, just noones put them on the speedbowl with the radar gun with the GWR guys hanging around. HSV are planning on making an attempt at breaking the record with the Maloo R8 and i think they'll brake it by a considerable margin
    I am the Stig

Honf! dodge viper on steriods that's what i heard!

i think if Darth Vader drove a truck he would drive one of these.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

if darth vader drove a truck we'd all be squashed

Quote Originally Posted by a_ferrari_enzo1
    Honf! dodge viper on steriods that's what i heard!
    same engine i think, so yes ur right a dodge viper with room for the honeys 2 sit in the back

There was a silver Ram SRT-10 in my office parking lot this morning. There's several companies in this building so I don't know who it belongs to. I guess that would qualify for the "What's the coolest car you've seen today?" thread.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Am I the only one that finds the NM compared to the HP a little interesting? I mean, it's a large engine, and that by itself means high torque but I think that there are many NMs compared to HPs.

But then again, it's late, I'm not used to talk about such high powered vehicles and I don't think I have a good way to end this sentence. Got it?
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

I've heard about the Ram SRT-10 smashing the old Ford Lightning's record. Anyway, I love that pic of the blue w/ white stripes Rams. That's an awesome paint job.

There was a Limited Edition (or maybe a one-off I can't remember) Viper-engined Ram back in 1996, it might have been called the SRT. It was brought out to help publicity on the then-new Viper GTS Coupe. It had the same blue-with-white-skunk-stripes paint job, which was also the only paint scheme available on the Viper GTS for that introductory year. Of course that was the older Ram body style, and the old 8.0 liter Viper engine.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    There was a Limited Edition (or maybe a one-off I can't remember) Viper-engined Ram back in 1996, it might have been called the SRT. It was brought out to help publicity on the then-new Viper GTS Coupe. It had the same blue-with-white-skunk-stripes paint job, which was also the only paint scheme available on the Viper GTS for that introductory year. Of course that was the older Ram body style, and the old 8.0 liter Viper engine.
    I think I remember that. Didn't come out in blue and white? I'm not sure, but I remember something like that. Maybe someone can help refresh my memory abit.

Thread Information