Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: *Project Pagani Zonda C12

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    seeing in the pics that you stripped the paint off the entire body, How will you put on the Pagani logos?
    It won't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It won't have any.
    can you make your own decals, say if you have a proper digital pic of the badge?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

o. then how did you do on you Z4 rebuild? (one of your older projects, I wanna learn how to do the same thing, a totourial would be nice)
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

I could make decals with a laser printer and blank decal paper...but I'm not for this car.

On the Z4 roadster I reused the emblems that were on it, they happened to peel off nicely.

There is a company(Carpena) that makes sheets of 1/24 scale emblems for British, German and Italian cars that come in very handy at times...though the sheets are hard to find for me, maybe easier in Europe.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    I could make decals with a laser printer and blank decal paper...but I'm not for this car.

On the Z4 roadster I reused the emblems that were on it, they happened to peel off nicely.

There is a company(Carpena) that makes sheets of 1/24 scale emblems for British, German and Italian cars that come in very handy at times...though the sheets are hard to find for me, maybe easier in Europe.
    If you want those and you find them in Europe tell me, maybe its easier for me to get them and send them to you as if you try to get them to the US.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    If you want those and you find them in Europe tell me, maybe its easier for me to get them and send them to you as if you try to get them to the US.
    Carpena is in Portugal so we could send McReis on the hunt..

http://www.decalco.com/intro_i.htm
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Cool. I never knew that Tampos could come off. Just was wondering how to get them off, say, a maisto Porsche Carrera GT
    I am the Stig

I wasn't reffering to tampos, only decals, tampos you have to desolve off just like paint and aren't reusable.
    Last edited by Dino Scuderia; 12-20-2005 at 10:51 AM.

I wasn't reffering to tampos, only decals, tampos you have to desolve off just like paint and aren't reusable.
    which kit was the Z4? is there a way to paint parts around the tampo(like the area around a porsche emblem) without the need to dissolve the tampo?
    I am the Stig

which kit was the Z4? is there a way to paint parts around the tampo(like the area around a porsche emblem) without the need to dissolve the tampo?
    I wouldn't try masking around it, it's going to end up looking worse than it would without an emblem, so here you take the lesser of two evils.

The first Z4 I did was Maisto as mentioned above. It had foil decals which could be peeled off and reused, the Motor Max are tampo'd on so they're trash.

o. for black I'd say just go around the emblem with a fine sharpie to cover up the area enough so theres no risk of the paint touching the logo
    I am the Stig

Here's the body with doors and engine cover epoxied shut and first round of putty to tighten the panel lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

whats the point of getting rid of the engine and doors? the "dogleg" hinges?
    I am the Stig

whats the point of getting rid of the engine and doors? the "dogleg" hinges?
    The engine bay sucked and I hate opening doors on models.

The engine bay sucked and I hate opening doors on models.
    lol why? Is that why you freakin buy a near $100 resin kit of a Panoz GTR-1 in 1/24????????????, when the AUTOart is even cheaper that a freakin resin kit? Whatever, nowadays manufactures are starting to stop it with the dogleg hinges and make more realistic hinges. My MM Calsonic Skyline was cheapter than the Tamiya kit and has AUTOart hinges for the doors
    I am the Stig

Thread Information