Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dandruff...Anybody have it?

Dandruff...Anybody have it?

I just realized I had dandruff this morning. My brother told me awhile ago I had some white crap in my hair but I thought he was just joking around and paid no attention to it. So when I was brushing my teeth this morning, I noticed white flakes it my hair all around and was like wtf is this shit?

So I decide to google 'dandruff' and look at the symptoms. Sure enough, I had the symptoms. For awhile now my heads been itching like crazy and I thought I was just going bald or something but after finding out from google sites, it was just another symptom of this dandruff crap. I was actually relieved when I found this out cause I sure as hell don't wanna go bald.

Well, I guess I'll be going to the store sometime this week looking for some Anti-Dandruff shampoo's to get rid of this nasty problem. Anybody else have a problem like this and what did you use to get rid of it?

Don't itch it. If you use hair gel, don't leave it in. Stick your head in the sink and rinse it all out when you get home/before you sleep.

sucks dude, the shampoo um its like a white bottle with light blue top smells kind of mintyish works well
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

use "Selsun Blue" shampoo. its pretty effective, or so i heard !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I used to have a bit but it sorted it self out.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    use "Selsun Blue" shampoo. its pretty effective, or so i heard !!
    I used to have some dandruff, but I'd advise to not use Selsun Blue, after you shampoo your hair, it smells terrible the whole day. Just try to get some extra moisturizing conditioner, and make sure you massage your sclap really well when putting it in and let it sit for a few minutes, it should start tingling and getting all cold, that means it's working. I'd say go to a hair salon and ask them what would be best for a very dry scalp and try that out.

Ahh,

I actually have really short hair, but when i used to have it longer i always had a dandruff problem... but now its pretty much gone (short hair doesn't really 'keep' the dandruff)... try drinking more liquids, dandruff is caused by like dry scalp or something...

Buy a tar-based shampoo. I recommend only using at night, tho, as it smells pretty strong.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Neutrogena T-Gel is a good Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. It uses tar.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    Neutrogena T-Gel is a good Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. It uses tar.
    I have psoriasis on my scalp and that's what dermatologist has recommended.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Head and Shoulders Anti-Dandruff shampoo works pretty good, but it has a foul smell

My doctor adviced me to use Selsun Blue. Now, bye bye dandruff...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Crap dude, I need serious help, neither Head & Shoulder, Selsun, or Nizoral worked for me. A sh1tload of flakes comes out when I scratch my head like crazy, but it's usually not noticeable when I comb my hair with a little bit of water.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i used to have dandruff... what i used to get rid of it was olive oil at night, and in the morning, just took a shower, after a 3-4 days, no dandruff. just my $.02. hope it helps.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Crap dude, I need serious help, neither Head & Shoulder, Selsun, or Nizoral worked for me. A sh1tload of flakes comes out when I scratch my head like crazy, but it's usually not noticeable when I comb my hair with a little bit of water.
    Stop using/leaving in your hair gel

Thread Information