Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
Sills were the common worst as they moved to momocoque from chassis strength
Have you ever examined a DS? I think you are confusing it with the CX, or perhaps the Traction Avant? The DS is not a monocoque. It is of unitary construction, much like the original Espace or Avantime. The body panels are not really prone to rust. The roof rails are if the roof seal goes (which it will, after many years). The lower box sections are vulnerable if used in salty environments. The rear suspension mount points are also vulnerable if the boot seal is gone and the car stored outside. This is not "stupid engineering" it is carelessness on the part of the owners.

Did you READ my comments on my Matras, Alpines, Renaults ? I am a person who is able to be open and honest about the plus AND NEGATIVES of all things I own and believe.
This is the second or third time you have implied that I am dishonest in my description. You are either trolling or picking me up wrong. Where, exactly, have I been dishonest? In fact, you know what? Forget it. I'll ignore you, you ignore me and we can stop boring the mammary glands off people with this pointless tit-for-tat (pardon the pun).