Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "My Chemical Romance" what do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Sir, your getting waay to emotional over this.
    No pun intended I'm sure.

okay, tell me how you're going to get on me about swearing when i defend my chemical romance, but other people on here swore, and you're fine with it, and most of those people hate mcr?

and if this is a car fourm, then why is there a topic about mcr on here? [ im not being sarcastic, i really want to know)

honestly. i don't think i'm getting emotional. I'm not trying to start antyhing, but for people who actually like mcr, they can't come across this, look at the #### people are saying about them, and not want to reply to that! it's kinda hard. (well for alot of them anyway)
    if you really hate them that much, that you need to post it online, then, make a hate group er something, i dunno, something to warn mcr fans that "THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IF YOU LIKE THIS BAND!" it would really prevent fights. i mean i don't support the hate groups, but hey, i know not everyone likes mcr, and they should be able to have opinions, and....im sorry i flipped out, i just get kinda...eh alright, REALLY mad when people say stuff about them... i just think it would be better to have a specific place for people who don't like them to say how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick76 View Post

but for people who actually like mcr, they can't come across this, look at the #### people are saying about them, and not want to reply to that! it's kinda hard.
    You honestly just can't ignore it?

actually. The Fact That They Write About ###### Stages In Life Doesn't Make Them Emo! It's The Matter If Getting The Felings Out, And Being Able To Relate To Other People Who Go Throw The Same Sh*t! Alright? Now, Listen To Me, Emo Is More Than A Style Or Type Of Music. And Evrytime Something Comes Up That's Not Entierly Happy And Cheery Doesn't F*cking Make It Emo! Like I Said, You Guys Don't Know A Thing About This Band, So Everything You're Saying About Them Emo Is Just You Wasting Your Time. All You Know Is That You Think They Suck. Fine. I Happen To Think Other Wise. But When You Start Calling Them Emo, And F*cking Posers For Christs Sakes!! [i]then[i] I Start To Get P*ssed! And How The F*ck Is This An "emo Post" If I'm Defending Someone. Alright. If That's Your Definitioin Of Eom, You Go With That, Buddy...
    Seeing that the term emo is a slang term it can be interpreted in different ways.

Music
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

Subculture/fashion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

to name a couple,

So no one can claim to be 100% right.

You presume no one knows anything about this band by which I take it you consider yourself to be more informed. I have one of their CDs which I don’t mind and saw them live. They were ok in my opinion. I like that type of music. If they are your favourite band that’s ok to. What you are getting caught up in is the current (here anyway) trend of labelling things emo as a term of derision. My daughter likes what I would label as (and not derisively) emo music for example Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance etc. She cops it from some of the other kids. She actually takes it well and laughs it off. Personally I like most of it and I am far happier with her listening to that that rap/hip hop etc.

So,
    - I agree their music is about getting feelings out and I do think they are pretty positive (if that really matters)
    - Emo has various ambiguous meanings.
    - I don’t think the band in questions suck.

Carry on,
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Any of you guys in school? Emo has pretty much died. If you're an emo, you get teased constantly. These days (in Australia at least) everyone likes 'Hardcore'. Hardcore is at least as gay as emo, but they think they're tougher than emos, and therefore emos are beneath them. Categorized by thrash-metal-ish basic guitaring and horrible screamed lyrics about 'friends 'till the end!' and how you should 'stay true stay proud'. It's basically the same as straightedge, but somehow less gay with less gay lyrics.

'Melbourne hardcore' is the worst. Ever. I believe 2ndClass here likes Carpathian, a prime example of shit on a stick. He probably knows the quotes from above
    Sorry man, but I am hardcore But I do listen to a lot of other stuff, like Set Your Goals, Rise Against, Placebo, Bright Eyes, Sigur Ros, etc...

Have a listen to (if you're interested):
    Alexisonfire
    The Chariot
    Through the Eyes of the Dead
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 03-15-2007 at 05:07 PM.

make a hate group er something, i dunno, something to warn mcr fans that "THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IF YOU LIKE THIS BAND!" it would really prevent fights. i mean i don't support the hate groups, but hey, i know not everyone likes mcr, and they should be able to have opinions,
    So, despite reading all these comments here about our members disliking MCR, you still felt the need to create an account and post 3 stupid-arsed posts about why MCR is not emo?

If you think we're allowed to have an opinions on this band, then why the hell did you join just to yell at us?

I don't understand your hypocritical logic.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

okay, tell me how you're going to get on me about swearing when i defend my chemical romance, but other people on here swore, and you're fine with it, and most of those people hate mcr?
    There is no reason for you to swear as part of your defence of the band that you like.

and if this is a car fourm, then why is there a topic about mcr on here? [ im not being sarcastic, i really want to know)
    The section's not called "miscelleneous" for nothing.

but for people who actually like mcr, they can't come across this, look at the #### people are saying about them, and not want to reply to that! it's kinda hard. (well for alot of them anyway)
    That says a lot about the mental condition of "mcr" fans, doesn't it.

I don't scour the internet looking to rant at people who don't share my overly self-important opinions, but that's probably why I don't like "mcr"...

"THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IF YOU LIKE THIS BAND!"
    Err.. what gave you the impression that "ultimatecarpage" was going to be a place you want to be if you like this band?

Try "ultimatemychemicalromancepage", and if it doesn't exist, create it yourself - it'll keep you off the streets at least.

i just think it would be better to have a specific place for people who don't like them to say how they feel.
    Or, an even better idea, there should be a specific place for people who do like them to say how they feel. Somewhere far away from here...

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Any of you guys in school? Emo has pretty much died. If you're an emo, you get teased constantly. These days (in Australia at least) everyone likes 'Hardcore'. Hardcore is at least as gay as emo, but they think they're tougher than emos, and therefore emos are beneath them. Categorized by thrash-metal-ish basic guitaring and horrible screamed lyrics about 'friends 'till the end!' and how you should 'stay true stay proud'. It's basically the same as straightedge, but somehow less gay with less gay lyrics.

'Melbourne hardcore' is the worst. Ever. I believe 2ndClass here likes Carpathian, a prime example of shit on a stick. He probably knows the quotes from above
    Basically Emo is just a particular offshoot of hardcore music, just with different lyrics that mostly a bit deeper in meaning and not as political as of oft the case with hardcore bands. The whole "emo" thing at present is just taking hardcore fashion to the max, and the "hardcore" music emo kids like, like Carpathian and I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive etc, isn't hardcore pre se. It's definately related, but not it. It's referred to by many different names, a few of the bands call themselves Grindcore, but it's also called metalcore, moshmetal and few other things. It's thrash/speed/scream metal combined with hardcore. Real hardcore is bands like Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Sick of it all, Refused, Raised Fist, Terror, Comeback Kid, and bands like those.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Basically Emo is just a particular offshoot of hardcore music, just with different lyrics that mostly a bit deeper in meaning and not as political as of oft the case with hardcore bands. The whole "emo" thing at present is just taking hardcore fashion to the max, and the "hardcore" music emo kids like, like Carpathian and I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive etc, isn't hardcore pre se. It's definately related, but not it. It's referred to by many different names, a few of the bands call themselves Grindcore, but it's also called metalcore, moshmetal and few other things. It's thrash/speed/scream metal combined with hardcore. Real hardcore is bands like Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Sick of it all, Refused, Raised Fist, Terror, Comeback Kid, and bands like those.
    Have a listen to Through the Eyes of the Dead

www.myspace.com/tteotd

Thread Information