Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
Any particular reason for hating Motor magazine? Except for something of an over emphasis on Fords/Holdens and a lack of many vehicles I can actually afford, I find the articles humourous and imformative in a light weight kind of way. However, I think Wheels is streets ahead, with a greater range and depth of articles and much better writing. Neither match CAR or EVO, though.

And best out of GTO/Monaro? There's no real difference except a nose job. I'd have either...
As I dislike editorialising and presumptiousness, quite a bit. I personally dont mind the emphasis on Aussie cars cause thats what Im interested in, but I hate the psuedo celebrity image they try to cultivate for the journos. Nick names an personal likes and traits all make it sound like the journos are as important as the cars. I dont care who test drives the car, what music they like or how tall they think they are. I dont care for their nit picking and smart arsed comments on trim colours or their pretentious attempts at creating humorous new adjectives. I want to know facts and details.
I also find little credibility in a magazine that can turn, if not 180 degrees, at least 90 in their opinion of a cars performance or merits. When something is released it may recieve a fairly good review. Then months later it is critiscised because by comparison with something else, it may not rate as high. Im my opinion if it was good then, it is still good now.
Seemingly I hate it for all the reasons you like it but there you go. I find wheels to be similarly anoying in some respects but a little less "big headed".
There, Im alll better now.