Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: i get an x-box 360 before you do

If your truly are worried at jaggies when playing a game, then you don't deserve to call yourself a true gamer. True gamers find enjoyment out of playing games such as mario kart and they don't need to worry and fret over textures and jaggies to enjoy themselves. True gamers treasure gameplay more than any other aspect of a game. And that is the undeniable truth.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

^ agreed. graphics are overrated. i pity the people who shun nintendo consoles becuase they're not 'cool' enough or 'meant for children'. some of the best games i've played has been on the gamecube - metroid prime, rogue squadron etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Don't forget Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life... Has anyone ever played that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    If your truly are worried at jaggies when playing a game, then you don't deserve to call yourself a true gamer. True gamers find enjoyment out of playing games such as mario kart and they don't need to worry and fret over textures and jaggies to enjoy themselves. True gamers treasure gameplay more than any other aspect of a game. And that is the undeniable truth.
    and what when gameplay is equivalent ? THEN it's the graphics

AND in FPS, the quality of rendering can give you a MAJOR advantage in spotting the opponent before they spot you !!

"true" gamers look for the total immersion producing the feeling of BEING there. That is gameplay for sure so you cant' predict what's happening. It's also multiplayer sync so opponents visually are real in their movement AND it's about the psychological impact of convincing the brain that the image is "real". If you take any ONE out then you're using the brain to make up for the limitations.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

SNES owns all other consoles and PC's
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Btw, check out the Leadtek WinFast 6600GT Duo Extreme, they actually dual-cored the 6600GT
    Just to dispel this, you cant run these cards in SLI.

Also, the latest version of the 7800 series (7800GTX 512MB) isnt 33% faster than a 7800GTX. 512MB of VRAM is useless for gamers at this point in time, as most games dont even utilize the 256MB that high-end cards these days ship with. Plus, its a staggering $750 retail

With that being said, I am in fact a PC gamer. I do however appriciate the 360 for what it is, a relatively cheap console that outperforms any PC under $1000. I just wish it had a bigger hard drive, and I had some money to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice
    With that being said, I am in fact a PC gamer. I do however appriciate the 360 for what it is, a relatively cheap console that outperforms any PC under $1000. I just wish it had a bigger hard drive, and I had some money to get it.
    20 gigs isn't enough for you

Guest Guest

Also, the latest version of the 7800 series (7800GTX 512MB) isnt 33% faster than a 7800GTX. 512MB of VRAM is useless for gamers at this point in time, as most games dont even utilize the 256MB that high-end cards these days ship with. Plus, its a staggering $750 retail

Doom 3 with will only run on full ultra settings with a 512 mb card! HL2:The Lost Coast will probably be the same!

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    20 gigs isn't enough for you
    No, its not. My PS2 has 80 and I need more

Quote Originally Posted by jakg
    Doom 3 with will only run on full ultra settings with a 512 mb card! HL2:The Lost Coast will probably be the same!
    I can run Lost Coast at max settings on my 7800GT.

oh dear

See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_27509.html nVidia's STATEMENT ON THE 33% FASTER
    The 512GTX has a faster GPU.

DOn't know where you're getting your info from

is that good enough ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    These dual-cored 6600GTs can be SLI'ed.

I just wish it had a bigger hard drive, and I had some money to get it.
    Hehe, if you have money to buy a 7800 then you can buy the X360, unless your lying about the 7800.........
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 11-17-2005 at 06:43 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

No, its not. My PS2 has 80 and I need more

what for may i ask? to me even 20 gigs is absurd. what could you possible want to store on it other than game saves?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    oh dear

See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_27509.html nVidia's STATEMENT ON THE 33% FASTER
    The 512GTX has a faster GPU.

DOn't know where you're getting your info from

is that good enough ??
    I think I misunderstood your statement earlier. I thought that you were stating that the 7800GTX512 is 33% faster in games, which it is not. Just has a faster core clock. My mistake

These dual-cored 6600GTs can be SLI'ed.
    Ah, didnt know that. Up until now, all of those dual-GPU cards have been un SLI-able.

Hehe, if you have money to buy a 7800 then you can buy the X360, unless your lying about the 7800.........
    I can assure you that I dont. College aint cheap . If youd like I can get you a pic of the card if you dont believe me

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    what for may i ask? to me even 20 gigs is absurd. what could you possible want to store on it other than game saves?
    I have backups of my games on it, so I didnt have to bring any originals with me to college.

I have backups of my games on it, so I didnt have to bring any originals with me to college.
    just buy a pre-modded version when it comes out, play your burnt games on dvdr's

I think I misunderstood your statement earlier. I thought that you were stating that the 7800GTX512 is 33% faster in games, which it is not. Just has a faster core clock. My mistake
    IF you'd followed the link given on the nVidia site, you'd have read ....
    "delivers amazing performance on some of the most anticipated games of the holiday season, with a measured performance increase of 33% over the previous award-winning GeForce 7800 GTXii."
    Confirming what had been said already that you didnt' believe. THey get the increase by improving the GPU and memory.

Thread Information