Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there such thing as a fast saturn?

The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

go into the video section and the link that has the saturn racing the camero ss is the link called "general confusion" sry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by saturnboy93
    go into the video section and the link that has the saturn racing the camero ss is the link called "general confusion" sry for the confusion
    Found it funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed

Wow a Saturn stock car

I would love to take for a couple of laps at Daytona
    Last edited by pAinTrAin; 12-29-2005 at 12:50 PM.

In the video, confusion or what ever, im sure the SS was bone stock. The crappy site is loading the video to windows media player now so i can't see it. But if it beat it, great for it. I'm wondering why they dont show mods for either cars. Sounds like someones trying to make something look better than it is. My brother beat a 2004 SS in his truck (05 toyota xrunner, 6 speed man.), It was only short distance though. They had a wide open highway, but hes a bit iffy when it comes to pushing his truck (its only about 5 months old). He said he reached about 110, and then cut it off. The camaro ended up catching him. Im assuming it has a higher gear ratio than his truck. btw his truck has around 300 hp. Camaro SS have like 320 or so, correct me if im wrong. Every saturn that ive ever seen has been snaily. Plus why mod one, misewell buy something better.

EDIT- SS Camaros have low accel, they have higher topend and higher top speed. The camaro is stock, and you can hear that the saturn has a turbo. Plus, its not even a real race. They are both rolling, and one could start before the other. Which is obvious. Nice soup can on the Saturn though.

EDIT AGIAN: I watched the supra beat it.
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 12-30-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

I honestly cannot believe that there is a thread dedicated to bashing saturns. Mabey some of you should go out and do your research because there is saturns that are fast as hell. And in recent years Saturns has been named America's most reliable car of the year. I really cant stand this b/s people always have to be ignorent about something either race/religion and cars. If this was a more mature community (not saying everyone here isnt mature) they would accept saturns and not hate on them.
    There I wasted 5 mins registering to say this.

the is one fast saturn.

The new sky redline is pretty fast. 260 hp direct injection turbo ecotec.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    the is one fast saturn.

The new sky redline is pretty fast. 260 hp direct injection turbo ecotec.
    There are some other fast Saturns.

They are called the Opel VXR series...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Gotta be they Sky or Ion Redline. The Sky's turbo'd, the Ion's supercharged.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

My sister had a saturn and the car was absolute junk. It was slow, handled poorly, shook crazily when suvs drove past, and had the ugliest interior.

Mallett Cars V8 Sky Conversion

Does your sister know how to maintain a car? Treat the saturn nice it will be nice back.

The car was serviced frequently and the car was still poorly built. I highly doubt any type of maintenance would have fixed that problem.

There is a Mallet Pontiac Solstice. I'm pretty sure he can turn it into a Mallet Saturn Sky.

It's a Solstice with a V8 stuffed in. It's making me think of the MX-5 with a LS2 in it.

The fastest Saturn I know of is the Saturn V rocket. Now that is a fast Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The fastest Saturn I know of is the Saturn V rocket. Now that is a fast Saturn.
    not 0-60
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by SATURN15 View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that there is a thread dedicated to bashing saturns. Mabey some of you should go out and do your research because there is saturns that are fast as hell. And in recent years Saturns has been named America's most reliable car of the year. I really cant stand this b/s people always have to be ignorent about something either race/religion and cars. If this was a more mature community (not saying everyone here isnt mature) they would accept saturns and not hate on them.
    There I wasted 5 mins registering to say this.
    You should have used your 5 minutes to read the thread date...
    Any car can be made fast, /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SATURN15 View Post
    Does your sister know how to maintain a car? Treat the saturn nice it will be nice back.
    It's a car, not a pet.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information