Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Legends

i've made something so awesome, that im gonna make a new thread for it in a couple of minutes
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Found a cheat ?
    THe only one out there currently is so tedious it's annoying
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Found a cheat ?
    THe only one out there currently is so tedious it's annoying
    i know which one you are talking about, wouter is getting the game so he has a point of racing the AI. I got the game just because i love to race for laptimes and online. I might do the career mode, but only when i have 4 weeks off of work in a month. For now, im just using the "cheat" to get to the good cars (in other words, the RSR )

i made a movie comparing GTR vs GTL, quite big file though, but should be worth it

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

huh ? You should check that, 64Mb of PC800 is very VERY unusual.

You can get 512Mb PC800 for $150-$180. still alot though
    Sorry my mistake. The two on the right are not memory, I don't know what/why they are in the slots?

RDRAM is expensive. Best I saw was Samsung brand for $190.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Gave it a shot against the Corvettes on the faster short Dijon track. I did manage to catch up and pass them, but a mistake in the final lap saw me drop back to fourth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

A video of my first online experience, a hefty battle versus a Porsche 906. After a couple of laps of chasing, i managed to pass him. Then a thing seen in many online races, the other person tries to take the corners the same way as the person who just overtook him, and misjudges the corner
    Porsche 911 RSR vs Porsche 906

My second online experience was thougher though, not being able to choose my beloved porsche, i went for a Ferrari 275. Which got absolutly dominated by this annoying little elan!
    Ferrari 275GTB/C vs a little elan

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    My second online experience was thougher though, not being able to choose my beloved porsche, i went for a Ferrari 275. Which got absolutly dominated by this annoying little elan!
    just like in the real world...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

"cpu games" ? You mean PC rather than console ??
    Since when did Halo run on a PS2 ? Or Gran Turismo 3 on a PSOne ??
    $20 will double your ram
    Yeah, I prefer console games. When I buy a console I know I will be able to play the newest and best games for that platform for years to come. Consoles are made for playing, and they usually do that pretty well. I dont have to worry about drivers, and updates and having loads of problems with the games. If it's for the console, it'll work. About different platforms, the Xbox was an excellent option for the last ~3 years since 80% of the console games worth playing was released to that (exceptions, God of War, Tekken, GT4 and various games for the Game Cube) and it also had a superior multiplayer with Xbox Live(also more complicated on computers). The quality of the games is a whole other story and the fact that some games just aren't made for consoles. The first Playstation was released in Japan in 1994 and they were still making new games to it well over 5 years later. If you buy a computer now you cant play the top games next year. Also since I'm using a laptop, it costs me €99 to double my ram and almost €150 for one giga.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    The first Playstation was released in Japan in 1994 and they were still making new games to it well over 5 years later.
    Games are still being written that run on Windows 95
    THere is always a market for cheap-and-cheerful !
    If you buy a computer now you cant play the top games next year.
    That's jsut rubbish. UNLESS you buy a really REALLY cheap PC
    GT Legends runs on the 4 year old Shuttle sitting below my desk on a 3 year old video card. No problems
    My 8 year old copy of Star Wars runs on it too !!
    Also since I'm using a laptop, it costs me €99 to double my ram and almost €150 for one giga.
    Yep, always worth looking at cost-of-ownership when buying PC.
    Most people realised that iwth Packard-Bells - cheap to buy but when you wanted to upgrade you throw everything out of the case and started filling it anew. That's just bad buying choice Like buying a Nintendo and hoping for a great racing sim - NOT their market !!
    but hey your prices are comparable to what it actually costs you to be able to run old gen Xbox games on the 360
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well i have a PS2 and PC, and definitely prefer my PC. I dont think it is that expensive, im spending 400 quid getting new RAM (up to 1gb) 320GB H/D, 256mb Graphics, new Motherboard, and other things, new fans to keep the cooling just right. And, best thing is, you dont have to pay 30 quid+ for games, but you can get them for PC for pretty much anything, all the games i like (colin mcrae rally 2, etc) can be bought for five quid here. bargain. Id take my PC over my PS2 anyday

Have you guys upgrade to v.1.1 ?
    Sice I did it I can't find any more than about 3 guys online at any one time

Have you guys upgrade to v.1.1 ?
    Sice I did it I can't find any more than about 3 guys online at any one time
    i did, this afternoon i found around 30 people i think. The game is still new though, nowhere near the amount of people who you can find in GTR

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Games are still being written that run on Windows 95
    THere is always a market for cheap-and-cheerful !
    Yes, I know, but the point was that the PS was still concidered one of the best and most modern consoles 5 years later.
    That's jsut rubbish. UNLESS you buy a really REALLY cheap PC
    GT Legends runs on the 4 year old Shuttle sitting below my desk on a 3 year old video card. No problems
    My 8 year old copy of Star Wars runs on it too !!
    Well games like Half Life 2 didn't run proper on all new computers, so go figure. Also my 15 months old laptop doesn't run the newest games as we've seen and it wasn't cheap. Even if I update the ram I doubt it'll be able to run everything smoothly. When I bought my laptop, most laptops in the same performance range but with 512 or 1G of ram was about €1500 and I got mine for 1100 which was a good deal then.

It is a fact that when it comes to gaming computers get "old" quick. That's why I use consoles for gaming and computers for everything else.
    Yep, always worth looking at cost-of-ownership when buying PC.
    Most people realised that iwth Packard-Bells - cheap to buy but when you wanted to upgrade you throw everything out of the case and started filling it anew. That's just bad buying choice Like buying a Nintendo and hoping for a great racing sim - NOT their market !!
    but hey your prices are comparable to what it actually costs you to be able to run old gen Xbox games on the 360
    Even if I use the money now to update my computer or to buy a new computer, I would still be in the same situation come next winter. With the Xbox 360 I most likely wont.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    It is a fact that when it comes to gaming computers get "old" quick. That's why I use consoles for gaming and computers for everything else.
    But we've shown that's not the case.
    I think the confusion may come that games list mimimum and recommended.
    Consider the minimum is the "console spec" - it lasts for years and years and years. The recommended spec lasts for a few years and the real hardcore gamers will update every one to two years to stay cutting edge. Consoles only give ONE of those options.

( Well I guess you coudl argue the PlayStation doesn't as it always has the had the issue that gamers took years to work out how best to use the hardware and could make things better as they went. That's one advantage the XBox doesn't have as nobody is allowed to play in teh hardware, MS keep them on the virtual interface )

Your laptop is analogous to the PSP. You dont' get much performance or upgradability and not compatbiel games

getting a bit offtopic arent we

currently wouter is trying to tame the E-type

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information