Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Americas new muscle addiction

Americas new muscle addiction

I thought this deserved a thread.
    America seems to be having a lot of muscle revivals, most of them I hate.
    theres the...
    dodge challenger
    dodge charger
    ford mustang (more of just a new retro model. the mustang never died)
    ford shelby cobra concepts

theres more im positive, but thats just to name a few.
    i dont like them. the new challenger i like...because its just like the old one, but strangly modern...
    but my point is i really dont like retro cars, theyre ugly
    what about you all?
    All about the t-tops

Somebody should glue your enter button stuck.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Adminaowned.

ok, thats unfair. i only pressed the enter button in that post when it was necessary, ill admit not absolutely necessary, but it wasn;t like that early post of mine when you commented on the same thing. that was enter after every couple of words. that was fair, but in my eyes this was not.
    the main reason i pressed enter then was to make a list.
    are you going to pick on me for the times i pressed enter in this post as well? twice? if i ever go back to how i was originally, shoot me or tell me so i can do it myself...but that was unfair.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    ok, thats unfair. i only pressed the enter button in that post when it was necessary, ill admit not absolutely necessary, but it wasn;t like that early post of mine when you commented on the same thing. that was enter after every couple of words. that was fair, but in my eyes this was not.
    the main reason i pressed enter then was to make a list.
    are you going to pick on me for the times i pressed enter in this post as well? twice? if i ever go back to how i was originally, shoot me or tell me so i can do it myself...but that was unfair.
    You need to work on punctuation and capitals. A sentence does not end with an enter. A paragraph ends with an enter. Your posts are hard to read. I'm not trying to bash you; it was some simple advise that make your posts easier to read. Yes both enters in the above post were also uncalled for. So to recap my advise; cut back on the enter, and instead use the shift more often!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Sigh..I'll try...It's kinda my style of typing things, and it might take me a while to change, because I'm rather happy with it. But ok, I'll try..
    All about the t-tops

Sigh..I'll try...It's kinda my style of typing things, and it might take me a while to change, because I'm rather happy with it. But ok, I'll try..
    If my style was to yell at everybody, it would not lead to many conversations. Your style makes people want to skip your posts, so it's not very useful. Writing like you talk is never going to look good.

(Ted Joans)

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Wouter forgot to mention the part about making the post lively and entertaining. Here, take this for an example (and work on it!): -

"I think this deserves a thread -
    America seems to be having a lot of Muscle car revivals, most of which I hate. There's the Challenger and Charger from Dodge, and then the Ford Mustang, not forgetting the Shelby Cobra concept.

I'm sure there's more, but those are a few for now. Don't really like 'em; except maybe the Challenger - looks just like the old one, but with modern touches.

Point is, I'm not too sure I like all the new "retro" cars coming into the market now, to me they're all ugly. So, what about you guys?"

Cheers

I thought this deserved a thread.
    America seems to be having a lot of muscle revivals, most of them I hate.
    theres the...
    dodge challenger
    dodge charger
    ford mustang (more of just a new retro model. the mustang never died)
    ford shelby cobra concepts

theres more im positive, but thats just to name a few.
    i dont like them. the new challenger i like...because its just like the old one, but strangly modern...
    but my point is i really dont like retro cars, theyre ugly
    what about you all?
    I am very much with you on this one. Except for I don't like the new Challenger very much. But that small portion is because they kept similar styling. I do like the Mustang GT and the Saleen though.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Isn't the new 300C distantly considered a musclecar as well? I definately know the Magnum is a musclecar. I know what you mean, it really gets annoying when all of these cars pop up all at once. Anyway the 300C, Magnum and Charger really don't have much to brag about because their platforms are all shared and it's origins really were in the Mercedes C class. Ditto that for the Crossfire as well, which had its platform in the old SLK.

what made the old American muscles beautiful is its style... bring them back in the right direction like Stang would be great... Challenger seems to be alright... Shelby Cobra Concept looked great and I wish they'd make it.... the only mistake I see is the Charger... though it's still beautiful specially the SRT-8 but the car was a Coupe and bringing the name back as a sedan is just wrong... Look at the GTO, the 69 model was off the hock, but the current one is just stupid and all I see is a Coupe version of the sedan Lumina...

Thank you for all correcting my grammer and stlye! It's good to finally get some response to the thread though.

The 300C is a muscle car, the Magnum too, because you can get them both with HEMI's! It seems that Chrysler\Dodge seem they can make a lot of money by reviving ALL the old muscle car names, and putting a HEMI in them. How do they expect to sell a bunch of very similar coupe's with HEMI's? The Shelby Cobra would've been good...put a HEMI in that!

EDIT: How's this post? I really tried, should i keep it this way?
    All about the t-tops

I don't think that the engine determines if it's a muscle car or not. The magnum is a station wagon, how can that be considered a muscle car? At least these new "muscle cars" look a little different from the normal everyday sedan.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

The born-again-Muscle-car revival is in full swing but I don't think that its a bad thing. Think about it, the Americans produce Minivans, Trucks, SUVs, but very few cars. The cars are mainly produced by the Japanese and Europeans. The Japanese dominate the bread and butter sedans, for the most part and the Euros make the higher end sedans. Even the serious sports cars are from the Alps and Mt. Fuji.

So the Americans turn to a strength, Muscle cars. It was a glorious genre, so why not bring it back? I think that technology should be modernized. These revivals shouldn't just be targeting the nostalgic Americans, who'd want to pretend they are back in the sixties. These cars should instead pull in a new generation, using the irresistible seduction of power.

So the revival isn't all together bad but as it stands, I see these time-machines as relics parading around pretending to be viable alternatives, which to me they are not.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

The Magnum is a muscle car, because it's a muscle car. It was desinged as one, and given a HEMI and bold front end and wagon shape so it would be caleld a muscle wagon. I had a small obsession with them a while ago...many many pics I have.
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information