Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP3 players (iPod and Sony)

MP3 players (iPod and Sony)

My friend just got an iPod and has informed me that once you upload the songs to the iPod, you must keep the same files on your computer or when uploading more songs, the ones that were on your iPod will erase themselves if you've deleted them off your computer since uploading.

Quesion:

Is this true? And if anybody has the Sony NW-A1000 or NW-A3000, does it do the same.

cause I was looknig to buy one to be able to take music wherever without having alll the files on my computer.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

I don't know about the deletion of the files but if you're looking for a good HD mp3 player, go with the iRiver H10 5 or 6 gig:
    http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/hd/h10_5gb.aspx

You may have some problems with the original firmware but once you update (which takes a very short while), it is an amazing mp3 player.

I just got mine last week in red. I haven't found any problems. It's better than the iPod in terms that it comes with an AC adapter and protective case. The sound quality is also great.

EDIT: Also, you don't install any programs. It uses WMP10 for sync and it's easy and quick.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Guest Guest
    well it doesnt on my creative zen touch, to me it sounds suspect

Yeah, its true.

Bout the sonys, i havent got them models, but have an VLF-AP1L, which you transfer the songs and delete them off the H/D. 40GB H/d with it, never broke once. All for less than $250. great. Go for the sony. Although, SonicStage (software) is a pain in the arse, iTunes is way better. So...

I havent had any trouble with my Nano, but then I havent deleted any songs. Will try one out for you later on some day.

To be honest, the mp3 player that will be best for you depends on what you want out of it. I just wanted a really small player that carried a few of my songs that would give me variety on my 2 half-hour journeys on the train and the occasional couple of hours break I got during the day. The Nano fit the bill perfectly, bringing along an added factor of style with it too. So far, it hasnt disappointed me one bit.

Oh, and iTunes is soooo easy to use. Sorting out my songs, although it took a while because of the volume, couldnt have been made easier.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Yeah, its true.

Bout the sonys, i havent got them models, but have an VLF-AP1L, which you transfer the songs and delete them off the H/D. 40GB H/d with it, never broke once. All for less than $250. great. Go for the sony. Although, SonicStage (software) is a pain in the arse, iTunes is way better. So...
    Yes i am picking the sony, mostly cause the styling is way better and not everybody has them , but i was just wondering if this is what i should expect from it too.

And for the new sony they have ConnectPlayer, but appearently, it still has some flaws, most reviews say the software aint the best, but the hardware is great.

-Thanks for all the info guys.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

The SonicStage is great when you import all your songs off a CD, but i still cant figure out why if i import .wmv's, and transfer them, the song is reduced from 4 min+ to 1:20. Hmm, weird. But, if you google Vaio Music Transfer, thats pretty good.

It's true you need to keep the files on your hard drive but only if you use iTunes. This is because iTunes looks at all the files on your Ipod then compares it to the playlists on iTunes and uploads/deletes any files that don't match. My brother has an Ipod and he uses iTunes but I was wondering can you use other software besides iTunes for the Ipod?

thats only if u setup ur iPod with auto sync. otherwise it doesn't matter.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by sleekeywoowoo
    My friend just got an iPod and has informed me that once you upload the songs to the iPod, you must keep the same files on your computer or when uploading more songs, the ones that were on your iPod will erase themselves if you've deleted them off your computer since uploading.

Quesion:

Is this true? And if anybody has the Sony NW-A1000 or NW-A3000, does it do the same.
    It only does so if you have the update option on automatic. Hence, if you delete a song on your computer, connect the iPod, the deleted song will be removed, for convenience sake. Turn the option to manually and you can delete whatever you want on your computer and still add songs to the iPod via click and drag.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

look no further than the sony nw-hd5 when looking at mp3 players.

go to edit..view preferences...ipod...music tab....manually manage songs and playlists. thats if youre using the most up to date itunes, im not sure about others

hard drives are pretty cheap- i can get 250Gb for $80, much less than a mp3 player. why don't u just by some more hd space?

Because it's not convenient to carry a hard drive in your pocket.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Because it's not convenient to carry a hard drive in your pocket.
    Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about.

Thread Information