Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons to buy Revolution over 360........

10 reasons to buy Revolution over 360........

Again from ign.com, this is a very interesting read.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670500p1.html

Also the Revolution specs are revealed!!!! and they....suck....here's a quote...it's like a gamecube + an extra 64 mb of ram

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/673/673578p1.html
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    hah,funniest there on page 1
    #8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda;#7. Girls and Grandpas Will Play Revolution
    whati wanna know,is who the hell still plays zelda.
    who give a 5h*t if grandpa and girls play it.
    Last edited by car_fiend; 12-06-2005 at 05:52 PM.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by car_fiend
    who give a 5h*t if grandpa and girls play it.
    i dont like zelda but i still give respect to the game...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by car_fiend
    who doesn't is the question you should be asking, i know ill probably buy this console just for that game alone as well as the many other titles which wet my winkle.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Also the Revolution specs are revealed!!!! and they....suck....here's a quote...it's like a gamecube + an extra 64 mb of ram
    it clearly says at the start of the acticle that developers have been using game-cube based kits and that developers don't even know what the specs are so anything written should be taken with a grain of salt
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    who doesn't is the question you should be asking, i know ill probably buy this console just for that game alone as well as the many other titles which wet my winkle.

it clearly says at the start of the acticle that developers have been using game-cube based kits and that developers don't even know what the specs are so anything written should be taken with a grain of salt
    yeah i read the article chances are though it will not be a very powerful system...i mean look at the size of it...unless nintendo has discovered a way to make things super small....there is no way it will compete (graphics wise) with PS3 or 360...not to mention that little part about it not supporting HD tv's

IMHO, nintendo is taking a huge risk with this console, i think it is possible this will be another dreamcast situation
    Last edited by werty; 12-06-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Well they make some good points. I have no doubt in my mind that the Revolution will feature some excellent games (as the GC did, Monkey Ball, Eternal Darkness and Zelda a few of them), but as far as sales go in Europe and the Americas... idunno. With their +20 years of experience Nintendo still knows how to make entertaining games, but unfortunately it seems that kids nowdays judge games by their graphics and PG ratings.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    unfortunately it seems that kids nowdays judge games by their graphics and PG ratings.
    what i think is unfortunate is how Nintendo thinks their system will dominate just because of a controller

and while all this is happening...and by "this" i mean (360 not having spectaculur launch titles and revolution focusing on their lame controller) Sony has the upper hand. They claim superior graphics and launch titles, all they have to do is deliver on d-day and they will crush microsoft and nintendo

i cant wait to see it happen, and i hope it does

I think the Revolution will be a great system. I think Nintendo is a great company and they have their priorities straight. They make some good points in that article. And i still play Zelda, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time I think is one of the greatest games ever made for it's time. I'm looking forward to the new zelda and any future zelda's. I'm not trying to say that the Revolution is the best gaming system, but it definitely is a competitor. I couldn't say if i had to choose one game system what I would go for, but i'm definitely going to be buying a PS3 and Revolution.

Ocarina of Time was a great game. I beat it on my cousin's N64. However, I wouldn't buy the Revolution or the 360. Neither of them offer GT5.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    what i think is unfortunate is how Nintendo thinks their system will dominate just because of a controller

and while all this is happening...and by "this" i mean (360 not having spectaculur launch titles and revolution focusing on their lame controller) Sony has the upper hand. They claim superior graphics and launch titles, all they have to do is deliver on d-day and they will crush microsoft and nintendo

i cant wait to see it happen, and i hope it does
    Uuh, did Nintendo say that? I thought it was only IGN's pow that the controller was good... I think Nintendo keeps doing "their thing", focusing on entertaining games for the whole family and true game enthusiasts. If they get the price just right they might even reach a broader audience, but as you said; it's risky, they might flop.

I was dissapointed at the 360's launch titles aswell, BUT compared to other launch titles they rocked (only great launch titles I can think of is Halo and some Super Mario versions...). I doubt the lauch titles to the PS3 will be far superior to the 360's and even if, they probably will not be far superior to the games the 360 has by then.

I wouldn't have bought the 360 now if I already had something that could "compete" with it (Halo 2 and Forza was starting to be a bit boring from time to time), in the same way I probably will not buy the PS3(which will be way more expensive) unless it is already then owning the 360, which I doubt it will. If Sony does however, get the price down while keeping the performance up, and on top of that even puts out some great games, then I'll give them all the credit.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    However, I wouldn't buy the Revolution or the 360. Neither of them offer GT5.
    :cough: fanboy:cough:
    Forza 2 is under progress for the 360, and while waiting for that PGR3 is quite fun in it's own arcade way. There will probably be other racing sim's as well.
    - Are YOU listed? -

nintendo has some good points - if you take the gamecube for example, its graphics etc easily competed with the xbox and ps2 simply becuase it was so easy to programme for. don't believe me...... go play rogue squadron, metroid prime or RE4. plus nintendo themselves remains the most innovative games designer, i bought the gamecube because it was cheap, and never regretted it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

again dont get me wrong guys, I will buy the revolution. I say $200 for access to every nes, snes, 64, and gamecube game sounds great!

But i do not beleive nintendo will be able to keep up with sony and microsoft for much longer....even the gameboy cant save them...psp already owns that department....dont even get me started with the DS

uhhh, all this typing has got me tired...360 TIME!

I didn't like the gamecube because it didn't bring too much innovation. But this new controller is a real break through. I mean being able to wave a sword properly, thats good shit.

Speaking of cool, watch this video! It might change some people's minds..

Controller in Action

http://media.revolution.ign.com/arti...15/vids_1.html

Thread Information