Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 1

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 1

At the day that Mitsubishi announces a three year absence from WRC I am about to finish their EVO 1, Monte Carlo Version 1994. The kit is from Hasegawa. The decals (Cartograf) steel need to be added, as are a number of small outward bits and pieces. I built the seatbelts according to Hasegawa's instructions. There are photoetched parts for all of the metal parts of the belts but the belt itself is a thin red plastic which needs to be cut at a certain length. This is a quite annoying activity, and I ended up with probably much too long belts. and they lack proper weight to naturally fall down. The decals on the belt needed to glued on, as they would not stick in a normal way.

All in all it is a fairly basic kit, no engine detail, crude chassis, but I presume that the result will finally look acceptable. I painted the black roof lines by using the instructions from the window tutorial (by Dino) but I found that even using a very sharp knife resulted in not too clean cut lines, and subsequently the lines have ended being too thick, as I hand painted the irregularities. (with not 100% success). Next time I will probably use bare metal foil for this. The lines around the windows worked fine though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McReis; 12-14-2005 at 06:19 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    At the day that Mitsubishi announces a three year absence from WRC I am about to finish their EVO 1, Monte Carlo Version 1994.
    Bless you.

Looks fairly nice, looking forward to seeing it finished. What's your next project?

EDIT: Attached a picture for your reference.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 12-14-2005 at 08:34 AM.

How come the foglamps on that car have different coloured glass?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    How come the foglamps on that car have different coloured glass?
    there are no foglights
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

there are no foglights
    Sorry, I should have made that clear, I wasn't talking about the model...that looks sweet from the pics. I was talking about spi-ti-tout's pic.

Sorry, I should have made that clear, I wasn't talking about the model...that looks sweet from the pics. I was talking about spi-ti-tout's pic.
    I never saw that pic, surely because he added it much later In the meantime the model is starting to come alive wth a large part of the decals fitted.

Shock, Horror! A 4x4 car that henk4 likes?

It was unfortunate that Proton spoiled the memory of early Lancers by giving them bad plastic surgery.

Shock, Horror! A 4x4 car that henk4 likes?

It was unfortunate that Proton spoiled the memory of early Lancers by giving them bad plastic surgery.
    I also love the Fiat Panda 4x4

I also love the Fiat Panda 4x4
    That car seems like a right good laugh, after seeing it bouce around that quarry in Fifth Gear...a car with character.

Anyway, here is the EVO again, after applying the decals. Still needs some detailing, but it looks quite OK now

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Nice car, but what is this orange frame at the front window???
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Nice car, but what is this orange frame at the front window???
    I have no idea, it is also shown on the boxart, but much less prominent. Anu suggestions would be welcome

did you use decal set or something to apply the logos. I hear using decal set can make the decals stick better to the model, is best for complex surfaces, and that it can fix chipping decals (found on AUTOart's older race cars and waterslide type decals), I don't mean tampos
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    did you use decal set or something to apply the logos. I hear using decal set can make the decals stick better to the model, is best for complex surfaces, and that it can fix chipping decals (found on AUTOart's older race cars and waterslide type decals), I don't mean tampos
    I used some microset, and also the good old hairdryer

Looks good, henk!

Thread Information