Thread: Similiar to Max (4th & 5th Gen)

Similiar to Max (4th & 5th Gen)

Anyone know of any good cars that are similiar to the 1995-2003 maxima?
    I'm looking more for performance and handling, luxury and comfort can come later. I am looking at cars through auto auctions, such as Copart, and the 5 or 6spd maximas are very rare. I've only found about 2 6spd max's, but they all have some serious problems. Someone suggested to me the subaru 2.5 rs, but that thing is too slow. I know it's very good on handling, but it lacks performance. (0-60 in 7.8 and 1/4 mile in 16.1) I would also like an awd, but I don't have much ideas on cars like that, except the subaru imprezas. Any ideas? Thanks.

You could try getting an STi but that might be too much for your budget. You could try an old TL Type-S. Those are cheap and are great bang for the buck. It's a great sport sedan and it looks great if you don't like the new TL.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    You could try getting an STi but that might be too much for your budget. You could try an old TL Type-S. Those are cheap and are great bang for the buck. It's a great sport sedan and it looks great if you don't like the new TL.
    Yeah, an STi would be nice, but that's over my budget. I'm looking to sell my 95 auto maxima se for like 4000, and then add maybe 1-1.5K into buying another car. I was thinking about the 2000+ maximas, because they are luxurious, stylish, and have lots of hp and torque. I would love a 5 or 6spd, but those are very very rare. I also don't want to buy from dealer, because I can save almost half by buying from auctions. Anyway, have any other suggestions?

Thread Information