Thread: Driving Today Car of the Month

Driving Today Car of the Month

Last edited by Classic Anycar; 12-19-2005 at 08:37 PM.

PLease try to put the link in if you are pulling a complete story from another site.
    As it may be copyright, summarising and giving the link is maybe best ?
    Unless you have media access and the right to copy-paste it's shaky ground to post carte-blanche like that

Besides there are lots of other interesting car reports over there
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-19-2005 at 11:02 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I hope you will excuse this critical remark, but seeing each time those monstruous ugly American bad-taste vehicles being forwarded as something special, beautiful etc. makes me ill - to say it nicely. Those industrial misfits will never belong to the classic scene with their hillbilly colours and likely outfit.

Those cars are running anachronisms and I cannot understand the bad taste that produced them.

If you come with non-molested Packards, Cords & the like - everyone will be pleasured. But save us those terrible designs from the last quarter of the 2oth century.

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS
    I hope you will excuse this critical remark, but seeing each time those monstruous ugly American bad-taste vehicles being forwarded as something special, beautiful etc. makes me ill - to say it nicely. Those industrial misfits will never belong to the classic scene with their hillbilly colours and likely outfit.

Those cars are running anachronisms and I cannot understand the bad taste that produced them.

If you come with non-molested Packards, Cords & the like - everyone will be pleasured. But save us those terrible designs from the last quarter of the 2oth century.
    Everybody to his taste, these are not my cup of tea either, but this is a free message board and there is the economic reality that many visitors of UCP do like these cars
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Every time I look at a muscle car, Ahnuld pops right into my mind.......
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS

I agree with you, but some people do like these cars.

Ok. I accept that, and Henk is of course right when he states that this is a free message board.
    Unfortunately I grew up in a time that the Jaguars, Delahaye's and Facel's were for the picking.
    Dfl 500,- for a Mk & Jag; Dfl 800,- for a Delahaye; Dfl 2500 for a 1937 MG Le Mans with the 6 cyl Amherst Villiers compressorised engine. Shall I continue?
    I had them all and if I see than such an American Car abuse..... Ok, let's stop

Thread Information