Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda RX-7 600+ BHP for sale

You spend all of that money on blue hose and connect it to a pepsi bottle?

600ps sounds like bull to me, unless what you haven't listed all of the modifications. Personally I don't think the apex seals could cope and the rotors wouldn't last long either.

Jakg, God i hate to see the answer to that. lol
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Poor RX7. It looks beat up. Gold and red don't go together.
    I always been curious. How long do these cars last before an engine rebuild with that much power?
    And what is the coke bottle for? I don't know, seriously.
    Last edited by QBridge; 01-05-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

It's a coke v pepsi challenge, the car is in. It's sipping pepsi now!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Just needs a bit of paint, the body kit isnt that bad.. makes it look wide like the carrera gt. but with 600bhp id have it.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    Poor RX7. It looks beat up. Gold and red don't go together.
    I always been curious. How long do these cars last before an engine rebuild with that much power?
    And what is the coke bottle for? I don't know, seriously.
    Its ghetto nawz.

It's an overflow, I have a gatorade bottle in mine for the fuel cell overflow and carb overflow, it works and all it does is sit there so why does it have to be special? It's not that big of a deal...
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

But cant you direct the hose somewhere so it can flow on the ground? Or does the bottle act like a reservoir so the hose can suck the liquid back up?
    And why does it overflow? I take it it's not suppose to?

And again. How long to these cars actually last with turbo and all? I take it they are high on maintenance with all that turbo?
    Last edited by QBridge; 01-06-2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am almost pulling my hear out with all the rediculous comments in this thread! I can tell that alot of the people that have posted have little or no brains... (not all of these people included in that statement, but you will get the idea who i mean)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy
    every one run....ITS A RICE ATTACK!
    Wot a TOOL! I am fed up with people with little to no teasable knowledge commenting! You have to know the D1 style. The definition of a ricer is basic... ALL SHOW NO GO! I cant see this fitting in here!

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    WOw spam and rice makin, spammy rice
    Read above... and stop spamming yourself... tool...

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I know a guy whose buddy has one and his engine cant stay together with that much horse out of the rotary engine.
    That is because your mate is running 20+psi of boost on the standard turbo day in day out! He has little or no internal or external mods to speak of with stock injectors, ignition, ECU, stock apex seals...and the list goes on! In any engine things are gonna go BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    600ps sounds like bull to me...Personally I don't think the apex seals could cope and the rotors wouldn't last long either.
    Looks can be decieving, its wot is inside that counts (well that sounded queer)... As i said above, the stock apex seals wont wont hold excessive amounts of boost forever. Most people invest in a set of wider Carbon apex seals to suit their engines performance/conditions.

How long do these cars last before an engine rebuild with that much power?
    In stock form with standard boost, if it gets looked after i would say 500,000km is not out of the question. With upped boost and a thrashy driver it may only last 20,000k's!

This one will have already been rebuilt..... Noone will be able to get 600+BHP out of a stock FD3s RX7... If the engine is built right and tuned to optimum the engine could be more reliable than stock running 600hp! How long any engine lasts greatly depends on the effectiveness of the tune. If you have a bad tune you have to expect damage.

I take it they are high on maintenance with all that turbo?
    Some say if you are gonna own an FD3s you either have to be rich or be a mechanic! Which is true if you are reckless and have no respect for your car. There is nothing wrong with a turbo unless you run excessive amounts of boost when stock or use crappy fuel.

Increasing the boost too far can have negative power effects. When the air is charged by the turbo it gets hotter (as you should expect) what you should know is that if yo try to push a turbo past its effiency range it will heat the air too much. Hot air in an engine is bad and the fact that the air is how can outweigh the positive power effects more boost has. That is why people get larger turbos, they have a higher effiency range than smaller ones and can make more boost without the harmfull over heating effect.

Well... that is the basic idea anyway...

Please people, can you grow up! Rice is an old term that little teeny boppers keep using... Rice is a GT wing on a stock civic... Rice is i huge bonnet scoop going to nowhere!...Rice is a massive 3'' muffler with a 1'' exhaust!... Rice is a shopping list of brand names down your door when you dont have them!!!! Rice does *NOT* include ture performance parts that actually increace the power/reliablity/tunability of a car! GET IT RIGHT!
    ....***mumbles***frickenbricken.@#**%GRRR !&#*!***mumbles***....
    Last edited by 85RX7; 01-07-2006 at 01:47 AM.
    Self confessed boost junkie:)
    84' Nissan N12 EXA, E15ET turbo.....with upgraded turbo:)
    UCP's biggest Afro on a white man!!!

^^ i was just about to make that post ^^
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

But cant you direct the hose somewhere so it can flow on the ground? Or does the bottle act like a reservoir so the hose can suck the liquid back up?
    And why does it overflow? I take it it's not suppose to?

And again. How long to these cars actually last with turbo and all? I take it they are high on maintenance with all that turbo?
    Why would you want harmful fluids going on to the ground, especially on track? That makes the track more dangerous. The over flows can be caused be a lot of reasons, radiators have them because the fluid expands a little and needs to go somewhere, the carbs could have to much gas in the float bowls and the gas needes to go somewhere, etc, etc.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

All questions seem to have been answered by 85RX7 Read post if you havent already..
    The car is that low because i havent raced it since its been rebuilt, it has only been used soley for car Shows as this is a very intricate machine... and I wish to pass it on to someone who will look after it as I have.

hey eternity, do you live life a quarter mile at a time?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Eternity, you came to the wrong place to sell... but you've got a lot of narrow minded eejits who won't believe anything they see.

Lovely car, it looks mean!!

Please can you email me some pictures and maybe some 0-60 runs and top speed readouts?

Private Message me if you're OK with that.

lets put it this way...

i know its not a civic but its funnynonethe less
    Attached Images Attached Images
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Thread Information