Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheater at LAN Tournament

Cheater at LAN Tournament

What if the guy didnt actually cheat, I mean it was dark how could they actually tell. They handled that situation very poorly imo.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

oldie but goodie.

tho i believe that was fake....as in acted.(or thats what i read somewhere...)

i've gone to big type lans(last 1 was quakecon 05, badass btw) and on 1 of those they caught a cheater on 1 of the tournament teams, the team had to forfeit(they were 2nd or 3rd) & the team booted the cheater from it,lol.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I've wanted to do that SO many times to modders on XBL... Cheaters suck.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

is a modder the same as a Haxxor?
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by kko
    is a modder the same as a Haxxor?
    It depends. That cheater deserved it.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Although I don't speak nerd, this is what I think I know:

"Modder" is the term I've heard on LIVE for people who are doing all sorts of crazy stuff that they shouldn't, since these people need a modded (=chipped) xbox for it to work in the first place... (or so i've heard)

In my opinion
    modding: using hacked maps and gamemodes
    hacking(haxx...whatever?): actually editing the original maps and gamemodes

cheating: modem standbying or any other unfair use of hardware to win or disturb other people's games + if you are modding/hacking among people who rather you wouldn't
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Although I don't speak nerd, this is what I think I know:

"Modder" is the term I've heard on LIVE for people who are doing all sorts of crazy stuff that they shouldn't, since these people need a modded (=chipped) xbox for it to work in the first place... (or so i've heard)

In my opinion
    modding: using hacked maps and gamemodes
    hacking(haxx...whatever?): actually editing the original maps and gamemodes

cheating: modem standbying or any other unfair use of hardware to win or disturb other people's games + if you are modding/hacking among people who rather you wouldn't
    I saw an article somewhere that says an Xbox modder who sold chipped Xbox got arrested and went to jail for it.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Unfornately for the Tournament holders, they obviously didn't realize that the "cheater" could have sued for them damaging his property, not to mention that they all reacted as soon as someone said cheater.

I would have sued if I was thrown out like that without some sort of investigation....
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Nah man, thats abit harsh..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Unfornately for the Tournament holders, they obviously didn't realize that the "cheater" could have sued for them damaging his property, not to mention that they all reacted as soon as someone said cheater.

I would have sued if I was thrown out like that without some sort of investigation....
    its kinda your own fault then dude.if yu sue them they would have to repay it,resulting in never a tournament again,resulting in big-time riots,resulting in mass-destruction

A modder is someone who modifies the game in my dictionary. Comes from the word modification ... it's someone who creates a modification. That does not necesserily mean they are doing it for cheating ... there is a huge GTA modding community and they only use their mods offline.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master

While I agree, I must also say (since I play A LOT online) that it pisses everyone off way too much every time someone cheats... especially if you paid $25 to join and you're doing your best to get a prize.

The way they handled it leaves me thinking whether they had every player sign a contract that if caught cheating that kind of measurements would be taken... (I say this because I def would have sued or at least do something about it)

What if the guy didnt actually cheat, I mean it was dark how could they actually tell. They handled that situation very poorly imo.
    As another player it's really easy to tell.. and as an admin even easier. They probably ran a cheat scan on him.

Prolly had an aimbot or something... instant head shots through walls...

makes it kinda obvious really.

still

PWNED!!!
    The Datto will rage again...

Well, unfornately, it's sad to see people really do take CS that far and that serious....It's a game. No need to cheat, and no need to get that pissed off....
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information