Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ipod Shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    thats what ya get for buying an iPod
    i hear that... my brothers, my uncles and my cousins all broke.. the white front seperated from the metal back... my bro got a case that held it all tightly in place... and the battery life lasted (LITERALLY) 5-10minutes

I'm interested to know what causes the supposed bad battery life in iPods, I can honestly say that both mine and my sister's have been fine...Do the people that suffer this problem not calibrate the batteries properly as it tells you to in the instruction manual or what?

Another thing is, with regard to all mp3 players, if you don't treat them properly then you can fully expect them to break - they arent basketballs. What pisses me off is the people that have repeatedly drop them, scratch them to pieces and never clean the dust of or out of them then complain when they don't work anymore. It's just like someone never maintaining their car then expecting it to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasssitizen
    as for size, i've put all my nearly 200 cd's on plus about 500 random songs i've d/led , i don't have to rearrange files, i just add or delete them in Win Explorer
    Let's take an average of 15 songs per cd, then 500 extra songs, that's 3,500 songs on your player, that would be no use to me - that's not what I want.
    By "rearranging" I meant deleting songs as well...arranging which songs are or arent on the player. It's just less messing about not to have to do it at all.

At the time I bought my iPod I checked out the equivalent (although 40GB) iRiver model (can't remember the model name) and honestly found the iPod to be better sounding (once I was using the in-ear type earphones rather than the standard crap), easier to use and better looking / to feel. And yeah, the Creatives are a joke.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    I'm interested to know what causes the supposed bad battery life in iPods, I can honestly say that both mine and my sister's have been fine...Do the people that suffer this problem not calibrate the batteries properly as it tells you to in the instruction manual or what?
    no there have been known battery defects in the first 3(?) generations of the ipod, mine is the U2 version, and the battery lasted for about ~1 hour, then i got it fixed under warranty now it lasts an amazing 6 hours
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    no there have been known battery defects in the first 3(?) generations of the ipod, mine is the U2 version, and the battery lasted for about ~1 hour, then i got it fixed under warranty now it lasts an amazing 6 hours
    As I said, I'm interested in what causes the batteries to be defective...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

i think it was just a build defect..thats what i was told at the store
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    But they are over-rated, more expensive than the competitors and so far no iPods have offered FM and Voice. iRiver H10 rules!
    I've actually seen attachments for both of these functions. It's the area where the iPod has it over most other Mp3 players; ACCESSORIES!

Oh, and in regards to Battery Life (For what feels like the thirtieth time) I've had 2 iPods. a 3G 40Gb (It got stolen) which had a battery life up to or exceeding manufacturers recommendations, depending on how you used it ( i had it on Shuffle most if it's life.

And my new Video iPod lasts as long as it says on the box (12-15 hours).

It's all in the way you use it; treat the Battery like garbage and it's bound to screw up on you.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 01-15-2006 at 03:19 PM.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I've actually seen attachments for both of these functions. It's the area where the iPod has it over most other Mp3 players; ACCESSORIES!
    yeah, but i'd rather have it built in rather than carrying accessories round with me.

And as for battery, i don't know how long mine lasts, its never run out. I had it on for about 10-11 hours on the way home from the mid-north coast, and by then it had used up one of four bars of battery. Videos chew up heaps, but i reckon music would alst well over 20hours

Thread Information