Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geely and Chery Chinese vehicles plan a U.S. market.

Dont worry. Most your Fords, Chevs and Chryslers will be made there in about 10-15 years anyway.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Yeah, that's possible that they'll all be made there!

I wonder though- have the Chinese companies adopted the manufacturing methods (or will) they of the Japanese. Now, I don't know a lot about Asian relations, so I could be WAY off..but I don't think the mainland Chinese are too fond of the Japanese at all....so them implementing their best practice techniques might not ever occur...

So that leads me to think that the Chinese may have cheap cars, but they'll never be made as well as GM/the Koreans cars even...that means that after an inital introduction...they'd fade out and die.

That reminds me of a funny story actually...about Daewoos!

I had a friend of mine in High School who's parents had some sort of big dealership. When Daewoo went under, they where left with about 10 of those miserable cars...so what did they do? They couldn't sell them to anyone- Daewoo wouldn't take them back....

So they had a lottery, picked 10 interested employees and had a "crash fest" type of thing..I can't think of the name- where people intentionally crash into each other? Apparently that went over very well!

Crash fest in Daewoos! How many of the employees survived?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithman
    So that leads me to think that the Chinese may have cheap cars, but they'll never be made as well as GM/the Koreans cars even...that means that after an inital introduction...they'd fade out and die.
    A friend of mine is building up a Mopar engine to go in his '73 Valiant Charger, a 400 bigblock stroked to 511cid. The crankshaft is a quality item, an Edelbrock IIRC, and manufactured in China

kia and hyundai started out copying other companies as well... (they prob still are, e.g. new Sonata)... so don't underestimate the Chinese newcomers...
    Kia is like the most unreliable car ever and ppl still buy them... Chinese cars are prob gonna be cheaper so i believe there will be market for them..

Spam bumpage ftw. While we're on the subject again...

No thanks, China.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

That looks supisciously like a Daewoo Matiz...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looking at it quickly it seems to be made of too soft kinds of steel. The crumpling force can't handle the stresses and doesnt slow the passengers down enough, so the get a dashboard in their knees...

Hmm, I wonder how little would be left of my car in such a case. I think less !

Edit:
    Just finished a 40 page essay on safety systems..
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-15-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Don't buy a Chinese car unless... no wait... even if your life depended on it.

Trust me on this. I know stuff.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You guys just discriminate against China.

They are new to the auto industry so you cant expect them to be perfect at making cars. We all know China is becoming the best at everything. One day there cars will own everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RE雨宮-FD3S View Post

They are new to the auto industry so you cant expect them to be perfect at making cars. We all know China is becoming the best at everything. One day there cars will own everyone.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your Chinese? Jingoism just reeks sometimes.

They may be new to it, but they've been stealing designs, including using actual parts from other companies in their cars (Chery, I believe, has reverse engineered Chevy's and actually have GM part numbers on their parts.). And they still can't get it right.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Even if it would be the case in China was or will be putting a lot of effort/money/time on building a car doesn't guarantee that car will be good. A cars greatness is defined by much more than that. Some countries manufacturers have practiced for over a century and still come off below average.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Spam bumpage ftw. While we're on the subject again...

No thanks, China.
    Its almost offensive how shitty that car is... it honestly pisses me off that they wanna market that. Even if it will sell (which i doubt) it will only sell to those that know nothing about cars or to those that are in desperate financial situations.

Thread Information