Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post image of your "My Pictures" folder.

mine are all on a couple of DVD's somewhere. I had to put them on to DVDs when I reset my comp.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    I don't get you people...what's the point of keeping so many pictures of cars? My "My Pictures" folder is only 335 megs and I think it's too much. But what do you do with so many pictures? I'd understand if you have movies (I got over 100 GB in terms of movies) but pictures???
    what's the point of keeping so much moovies on your hdd

you can burn them on dvd and watch it on the tv, that's what i'd do

oh yea, i've got 4 gigs of pics myself, which is 8113 images. i've been collectingthem for some time but i gave it up as i can get everything from the internet now
    12 cylinders or walk!

I don't get you people...what's the point of keeping so many pictures of cars? My "My Pictures" folder is only 335 megs and I think it's too much. But what do you do with so many pictures? I'd understand if you have movies (I got over 100 GB in terms of movies) but pictures???
    Well, for car nuts, it's easily understandable... If you'd like we can stop sharing all the fabulous pictures...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by Revo
    There's a few sites like that around. Too bad they're so expensive. The BMW Historical Archives are like that. There's some great pictures in there, but I'm not going to pay out the wazoo for them.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    There's a few sites like that around. Too bad they're so expensive. The BMW Historical Archives are like that. There's some great pictures in there, but I'm not going to pay out the wazoo for them.
    Even if you were to pay for the pics, you probably couldn't share them here on UCP without legal ramifications due to copyright laws and distribution restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by PBB
    Even if you were to pay for the pics, you probably couldn't share them here on UCP without legal ramifications due to copyright laws and distribution restrictions.
    Moreso than anything else I post? Doubtful. I take great risks in providing for my people!

matt i have a question. How many times do you look back upon your images? or do you just keep adding to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    matt i have a question. How many times do you look back upon your images? or do you just keep adding to them.
    I can't speak for Matt, but as I have a number of images approaching his, I'll comment anyway... I look back through mine with some regularity, for enjoyment as well as for reference... I'd say a browse a given car or manufacturer at least once a week...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Well, I could say why do you waist your time posting on a automotive forum? Nevermore, I share them with automotive enthusiasts, my screensaver randomly scans my "My Pictures" folder and displays them (not just automotive), so my LCD screen is a nice "art piece". It's a hobby.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    I can't speak for Matt, but as I have a number of images approaching his, I'll comment anyway... I look back through mine with some regularity, for enjoyment as well as for reference... I'd say a browse a given car or manufacturer at least once a week...
    Same, but more frequently.

This shows once again why UCP is such a special place.There must be something like a 100,000 pictures in the main page, hide-out, Henk's odd-ball corner, etc. combined (I have no idea of actual number, so I'm just guessing ). All of them are organised, with additional comments or press releases...And all of this is for free!

Big CHEERS to the group behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by Revo
    This shows once again why UCP is such a special place.There must be something like a 100,000 pictures in the main page, hide-out, Henk's odd-ball corner, etc. combined (I have no idea of actual number, so I'm just guessing ). All of them are organised, with additional comments or press releases...And all of this is for free!

Big CHEERS to the group behind it!
    I'm sure it's more. I estimate there to be 40-50,000 in the hideout alone. I've posted nearly 23,000 myself.

Same, but more frequently.
    Mine was a conservative estimate... but now that we've got the A.N.A. on our case here at the house, it seems to be more realistic...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    Mine was a conservative estimate... but now that we've got the A.N.A. on our case here at the house, it seems to be more realistic...
    A.N.A.?

Thread Information