Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FPV outsells HSV (Taking only 3 years)

FPV outsells HSV (Taking only 3 years)

FPV knocks off HSV

By MARTON PETTENDY 14 July 2006

ALL-TIME record June sales of 226 vehicles has helped Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) out-sell Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) on a year-to-date basis for the first time ever.

FPV has shifted a total of 1151 vehicles in the first half of 2006 - a 28 per cent increase over the same period in 2005 - while arch-rival HSV has sold 14 fewer cars with total sales of 1137 to June this year.

FPV has sold more short-wheelbase sedans than HSV on a monthly basis previously, but the Blue Oval’s homegrown performance car brand now holds a 34 per cent SWB sedan sales lead over its rival so far in 2006.

FPV’s GT, GT-P and F6 Typhoon sedans have found 877 homes so far in 2006, marginally up on HSV’s equivalent short-wheelbase ClubSport, ClubSport R8 and Senator models.

Similarly, with 274 sales, FPV’s Pursuit, Super Pursuit and F6 Tornado ute models are also 20 per cent up on HSV’s Maloo and Maloo R8 ute models.

"This is an outstanding result for FPV, particularly considering the brand has only existed for just over three years," said FPV managing director Sak Ryopponen.

"To achieve outright leadership in such a competitive segment of the market, particularly against a rival that has been in this business for over 15 years, is testament to the fantastic range of products that currently wear the FPV badge.

"This result cements the successful contribution that the award-winning F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado have made to our business. Sales of our Boss 290 V8-powered vehicles continue to be as strong as ever, and the addition of the turbo-charged six-cylinder F6 variants has been instrumental in our growth by meeting the demands of a different type of performance car enthusiast."
    WOW. This is a pretty big result keeping in mind that FPV are only 3 years old, and they have fewer cars on the market than HSV does.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 07-14-2006 at 03:40 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Shows that the Aussie public doesnt always want a V8, at least with FPV you have the option. I personally think if HSV doesnt widen its product range with a turbo 6 they will continue to lose the sales race to FPV.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

The VXR will win them the race though. They have 100 coming in next month and they are already sold!!

What annoys me though, is when HSV had a bitch at FPV for introducing the V6's. They said it would confuse people. HSV went on to say that they were a no confusion V8 only brand. Now the hypocrites bring in a 4cl VXR...FPV must be laughing.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Only 6 months?? You just know the second half of 2006 will be war!
    I think they have been caught playing with there Waiting on the VE to make a Difference?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The VE and VXR will make all the difference
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

VXR wont do anything...its just a rebadge of a Vauxhall that Holden thought would fit better with HSV's image than their own. Ive heard they wont even see the Clayton facility.

HSV could be caught out by overproduction for VZ. Its been said theyve had to drastically reduce prices (runouts going cheaper than VS SS's) and that could hurt them, but you wouldnt expect it really as the buyers are getting a better deal, so they'd be attracted away from the FPV product.

Also makes the suggestion that alot of people for their 60 large want a car they can drive and enjoy, not something they might feel their making compromises for. Its been said quite often that FPV are the more liveable product whilst HSV holds the performance advantage
    I am the Stig

Which they might loose with VE that performance edge. It might be for the best?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The success of the E series HSV range will be aroung the magnetic ride control. If they get it right, they'll have an adaptive suspension system that will get rid of their tag of making cars that are hard to live with. Get it wrong, and they'll have an adaptive suspension system that screws around with the damping way too much, and goes either way too soft or way too hard....or who knows what else.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    VXR wont do anything...its just a rebadge of a Vauxhall that Holden thought would fit better with HSV's image than their own. Ive heard they wont even see the Clayton facility.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean there. In terms of sales it will do wonders. They have already sold the first shipment...before it has even come. Motor says that the VXR will be a good contender for BFYB 2006.

Vauxhaul do a good job, although I would rather a 2 door Focus ST/ XR5, even if it is a tad slower.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I think he means that HSV will have absolutely nothing to do with the VXR appart from the badge
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Correct syko, as we'll basically get it the same specification as the UK model.

100 sales, which is apparently the yearly shipment, will contribute alot for HSV, but if the trends of HSV sliding and FPV increasing continues it still might be in vain.

As far as BFYB goes, it may be a contender, but at $43K and mid 6's and 14's for performance, the WRX and XR6T seem to have it covered. Motor tested the XR5 and VXR together, but mustve screwed up somehow as they got mid 7's and 15's for the XR5, which are close to a second slower than what everyone else is getting
    I am the Stig

which one is faster though. they both have nearly the same horsepower, with the v8 being a little more powerful, but the turbo 6 weighs less and develops just a bit less power than the v8 i'm refering to the two fpv cars

The F6 Typhoon is pretty much faster in all areas than the GT. Both have the same 250km/h speed limiter, but the F6 has such a large advantage due to its power curve. It makes 550nm at 2000rpm.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The F6 Typhoon is pretty much faster in all areas than the GT. Both have the same 250km/h speed limiter, but the F6 has such a large advantage due to its power curve. It makes 550nm at 2000rpm.
    thanks, mate. then what's the point of buying the gt? it costs more and isn't as fast?

Good question really. Performance wise, everything is in the F6's favour. The GT though would have a different buyer experience behind it. The GT being a V8 would sound totally different to an F6. Owning a turbo wouldnt be preferable to some people. The GT has alot of history behind it as well, and someone might want to be part of that.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information