View Poll Results: Rate the 'Boring Factor' of the VE. **1 star being the MOST boring**

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll

15 15.63%

15 15.63%

12 12.50%

9 9.38%

5 5.21%
  • Screw you Adrenaline, this car ROCKS!!

40 41.67%
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: New VE Pictures. Is it a Commodore or a Falcon???

I saw those - I'd consider buying one of those if the resale when I sold it on wouldn't kill me.

It's looking good, but, with interior trimmings, they would not be testing them now - that sort of stuff would have been sorted out WAAAAY back when. to do it now is stupid because they need to tool up the dashboard for it, and thats not a cheap, or quick, change to make.

Still, they've done a good job IMHO of making it look smaller in those photos. but does anyone else see, in the Red one with the Spoiler, a slight similarity to the Prius?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    By this point they'll just be cramming in as many k's as they can, this car is gonna need to be near perfect at launch to get people in new commy's and not $15k ones down the local fleet sale
    I seen a 60,000km VZ Commodore Executive $16,000, I thought thats cheap was a nice looking colour to. Ever since i looked at a VZ a couple of weeks back different i have taken a liking to the front Bit late some would say it's been on the roads for some time now but i haven't really paid to much attention to the base models before.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

It's come to my attension from others that the interior shot of the VE has more in common with the Torana then we have first thought, We have been looking on the outside more and not so much the inside.
    Here is what i mean.
    You can see the numbers marked, The handbrake is also there, A couple that arn't numberd there are the speakers in the door. And door handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any possibility the SS models will actually have black rims? Wouldn't mind the idea of that, seeing as the 'phoon run around now with black rims. It looks better than most people first though, but im still at odds with the rear end, too high for me personally, reminds me of the 380 too much. Quad exhuasts are a great idea, but the presentation is not so good, cheap and the housing doesn't have much appeal with today's more flowing body styling.

Hmm and two new members with 0 posts surfing at the same time, same thread, one named VS calais, haha sorry guys, polls closed

edit: just noticed, there are exactly 666 threads in the aussie forums, hahaha o0o0o scary ey?
    Last edited by Blitz_; 05-29-2006 at 08:42 PM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Fast quick someone make a new thread fast!.

The rear also is very Torana also. The torana as more and more we see of the VE has a bigger influence then first thought in the VE.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VE's still a touch wider though, with more pronounced front arches
    I am the Stig

The boot line is slightly narrower - probably a syptom of being a Sedan instead of a hatch.

But the similarities are there - and they did say the vehicles would appear very related.

ATM (I think the Pink and White colour scheme doesn't do the Torana any favours) it's looking VERY promising for a well proportioned (At least with big wheels) Ve-hickle.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The torana bonnet and side guards are more Mazda 3 SP the sporty one, But with the VE it's a bigger car and i guess they can't do the same with the bonnet and side guards so they went another way.
    But it's differently a starting point with them the TT36.

Shock that the steering is the same i didn't even think to look in the torana for interior similarities.

I like the wide look of the front and back, But it might look funny on base models that will be something to see when done just how much that aggressive front make the car look with stocks on it and sitting tree high not sporty height.

Maybe the rear comparison i should have used the one without the spoiler

Dammit!! There are so many elements of the interiors (VE and Torana) that are identical!!! I would never have guessed it would be that similiar! The steering wheels are exactly the same...!! As well asd the buttons below the sceen and where the handbrake is. Wow. Nice comparos slick

I wonder if we will see the Twin Turbo 3.6 Alloytech?? Seems possible, as the XR6 Turbo owns the large local turbo maket ATM...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Anyone notice how easily the base model appears to hang over the gutter there, yet how close the SS gets?

Also theres still a noticeable gap in panels for the roof.

I dont know if its been said either, but the VZ mirrors will be carrying over onto the VE as well, although you may not necessarily notice from first glance
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Anyone notice how easily the base model appears to hang over the gutter there, yet how close the SS gets?

Also theres still a noticeable gap in panels for the roof.

I dont know if its been said either, but the VZ mirrors will be carrying over onto the VE as well, although you may not necessarily notice from first glance
    I was hoping for indicators on the mirrors like the Torana.
    Funny thing 2 days ago a new Vectra drove straight into the gutter and slammed the front end, He reversed so slowly and the sound wasn't to good ouch that hurt

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Dammit!! There are so many elements of the interiors (VE and Torana) that are identical!!! I would never have guessed it would be that similiar! The steering wheels are exactly the same...!! As well asd the buttons below the sceen and where the handbrake is. Wow. Nice comparos slick

I wonder if we will see the Twin Turbo 3.6 Alloytech?? Seems possible, as the XR6 Turbo owns the large local turbo maket ATM...
    I had to be shown myself i had no idea.
    I liked the handbrake myself when i seen it first, But that torana pick shows when down it's perfect when up not so perfect.

I would love to see a single turbo V6 to go with the XR6T, Competition is whats it's all about and if holden build the turbo the 2 will just get better and better for it and we will benefit from it. Like FPV did to HSV.

Single turbo V6's would have their limits as a performance engine though, the extra plumbing wouldnt do wonders for lag and response
    I am the Stig

HSV could have the TT. What is lag again? I ask this once before I'm not sure what it really is i once drove my brothers VL Turbo in 97 but it was a auto does it only happen in manuals?.

It happens more in manuals as they get off the throttle more than auto's. Its basically the delay in response between when you plant the throttle and the engine has to rev up and the turbo has to spool up
    I am the Stig

Is that like when JC drove a EVO Turbo and had it in top gear @ about 20kp/h and the car next to it beat it doing the same thing 500 meters or something they drove And it wasn't until the end it started to pick up?.

Thread Information