Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    So that means absolutely no innoncent people came to the Americas, correct? That we are all descendents of bad people.

Much the same as Australia was populated by Convicts

Good job at sterotyping us at all being bad people. You can not prove 100% all the people that came to the Americas where bad or good. That's insanely, stupid to even think. I think your history teacher has a little thing against USA.

It's a fact that certain political/religious groups fled to the US to escape persecution despite their questionable ways. Deal with it.

We may churn out Hummers and Excursions, but as long as there are buyers, they don't care. BTW, the Excursion has been discontinued.

Good. The Excursion was excessive to the extreme. but I recognise the US as the worlds biggest Niche market, because the Cars there have evolved into something that could not work in any other place in the world.

"Just American or better."
    Oh really? And what makes you better than me? Is it because your European? STFU, that statement is just as dumb as schamllz's.

Agreed. No one is any good at all

Hmm...who started WWI and WWII?
    Maybe if you had kept a better eye on Germany, you wouldn't have had that mess, now would you?

World War I started when a Duke in Serbia was Murdered. World War II when Hitler invaded Poland. Your point?

Germany no longer harbours any global-domination desires, something we can't say about the US president.

It wasn't our war. It was your's. WE came in because the people of the USA didn't need to take sh*t from another country. Who had their asses royally kicked? USA or Europe because from what I learned, you were all in some deep sh*t with France having difficulties.

The English managed to protect their homeland exceptionally well. The US entered the War when JAPAN attacked them, And the help in Europe i'm sure was much appreciated. the loans and money lent i believe was mostly paid back after WW2.

But Don't forget, the US pulling money out of Infrastructure in Weimar Germany (Between the Wars) led to the Hyperinflation and recession which allowed the Nazi Ascent to power. Learn your history before jumping up and down.

If you haven't noticed, USA isn't one to take sh*t from another country in an attack....I mean, do you even read what Japan teaches their kids about USA. Apparently, we are evil beings and no right to bomb them...Not to mention, they don't tell their students that their country brought the attack on themselves.

NO country has the right to inflict such devestation on a civilian population.

Japan, following the war, has become one of the greatest extollers of Peace. It's this blatant incorrectness that leads people to assume most americans are idiots.

I assure you i don't make that assumption; Just some of the one's i've met.

I won't comment on the other issue, as I do not have a great deal of info to comment on it.
    It appears as though you don't have a lot of info on anything
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Who had their asses royally kicked? USA or Europe because from what I learned, you were all in some deep sh*t with France having difficulties.
    It was not the whole of Europe that got their asses kicked during WWII.

I get really sick of people saying that every time France has difficulties, the US has to come bail them out. I recall that it was France and Spain that fought the majority of the battles during the Revolutionary War, if they had not helped I doubt the US would have won its independance.

I would like to say that I am of French and British heritage and proud of it!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    There are about four explanatinos all feasible on why it may have been called that.

I give the credence to the Vikings as their folklore would have pre-dated the rest by 500+ years

If I rmember some of my schoolboy geography then Vespucci was reknowned as a plagiarist and much of his work was "borrowed" -- I think this is what makes me like the Viking link better !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I hate how in American History textbooks France and Spain is hardly credited at all for helping during the Revolutionary War

.....despite the fact that because the French Royal family helped, it bankrupted the country and led to the Democratic revolution they were funding across the atlantic.....

So that means absolutely no innoncent people came to the Americas, correct? That we are all descendents of bad people
    Good job at sterotyping us at all being bad people. You can not prove 100% all the people that came to the Americas where bad or good. That's insanely, stupid to even think. I think your history teacher has a little thing against USA..
    "lot" doesnt equal ALL.

Your English teacher has a lot to be shameful of
    "Just American or better."
    Oh really? And what makes you better than me? Is it because your European? STFU, that statement is just as dumb as schamllz's.
    It's called "sarcasm". Yours is called abuse
    I won't comment on the other issue, as I do not have a great deal of info to comment on it.
    Good choice as much of the info is dubious and reflects the lack of "info".

Dont' woirrytoo much. An idiot poasted AMerica is greate type of rubbish.
    He got pulled up for it, some of the responses used sarcasm.
    Nobody is attacking the US or Americans ..... well maybe the stupid ones
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My British ancestors were sheep farmers looking for more land, and they were given almost all of the state of Oregon. And my French ancestors came here during the French Revolution after one of my ancestors, a journalist that was thought to have sided with the king was beheaded. If you go to Madame Trousseau's Wax Musuem you can see a wax version of my ancestor with his head in a basket by a guillotine

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Do you have any info on this Dick Wicken who came up with this theory? I read the article (was it based on a book or just one article?) and it sounds facinating and all, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I guess I'm more into the subject than the average person and a few times, while reading the article, I got a hunch that everything is not completely right. I couldn't find anything else on this guy from a quick google... I'd just like to see his resume or something.
    Nothing else.
    It was passed to me a while back.
    The Smithsonian has an exhibition showing the Vikings being in the US before Columbus. IT makes no mention of the "omme rikke" name, so it may not be right. As I said I preferred it giving credence to the skills of the Vikings as sailors. There are a few other reasons given for the Americas beign given that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Nothing else.
    It was passed to me a while back.
    The Smithsonian has an exhibition showing the Vikings being in the US before Columbus. IT makes no mention of the "omme rikke" name, so it may not be right. As I said I preferred it giving credence to the skills of the Vikings as sailors. There are a few other reasons given for the Americas beign given that name.
    I'm quite certain the Vikings have been to America waaaay before Columbus, there's plenty of evidence proving that.

Vinland is the most common name for it in the sources as we probably all know, "omme rike" was something I havn't heard anywhere else. "Rike" I know is an ancient nordic word still used today, meaning land or country. But "omme" I couldn't find anywhere although that doesn't (dis/)prove anything., I have a very close friend who has a degree in Nordic Languages so I will ask her when I see her.

You're right that the Vikings get far to little credit (although they were looters and pillagers of the worst kind) I still object strongly every time I hear someone claiming Columbus found squat.
    A) There were people there already
    B) There is evidence that Europeans have been and even settled on the north east cost there even before the Vikings and eventually blending in to the north east asian population to become what most refer to as the Native Americans
    C) There is VERY strong evidence that the Vikings were there

and then there is the issue of Columbus as a person and his treatment of the Natives, but that's a whole other story.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I mean, do you even read what Japan teaches their kids about USA. Apparently, we are evil beings and no right to bomb them...Not to mention, they don't tell their students that their country brought the attack on themselves.
    C'moon, are you trying to tell me that you don't get the red-white-and-blue version of every war you ever been in?
    - Are YOU listed? -

my irish ancestors started the irish part of new york

actrually probably not isnce they came in the 40s or so
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I can prove what I stated

According to my Aunt's Family Tree, I am related to the First Finance minister of the Australian Parliament.

He died before the parliament ever sat, but there you go.

Dying runs in my family too so waddayaknow we might be related...
    - Are YOU listed? -

It's Genetic

Thread Information