Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Super Car!!! Finally A Japanese Super Car

Japanese Super Car!!! Finally A Japanese Super Car

FINALLY A JAPNESE SUPER CAR IT SORT OF REMINDS ME OF A MCLEARN<-- HAHA CANT SPELL ANY WAY IF YOU HAVE PLAYED GT2&3 YOU'L REMEMBER IT WAS CALLED THE ZZII HERE ARE THE SPECS:

2001 Tommy Kaira ZZII Specifications

General Information
    Price: $---,---
    Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
    Curb Weight: est 1500 lbs
    Layout: Mid-Engine/AWD
    Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
    Engine
    Type: Twin-Turbo Inline-6
    Displacement: 2568 cc
    Horsepower: 550 bhp @ ---- rpm
    Torque: --- lb-ft @ ---- rpm
    Redline: ---- rpm
    Performance
    0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
    0-100 mph: -.- sec
    Quarter Mile: --.- sec @ --- mph
    Skidpad: .--g
    Top Speed: 210 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
    Slalom Speed: --.- mph

YOU'LL FIND THE PICS OF THIS CAR AT:

http://www.fast-autos.net/tommykaira/zztwo6.html
    AND
    http://www.fast-autos.net/tommykaira/zztwo.html
    [IMG]
    Last edited by HiHi_02; 05-01-2003 at 04:10 AM.

This car looks really good!
    Great power and weight figures!
    AWD..... even better!
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

Thumbs up

It is powered by a RB26, GOT POTENTIAL!
    It's a GTR, you can't expect anything more than this!

Originally posted by Godzila32
    It is powered by a RB26, GOT POTENTIAL!
    Of course, you have to consider that it's not a stock engine, but one that's already been tuned to 550 horsepower. However, considering that people have tuned the same engine far beyond 1000 horses, I'd have to agree with you. I would say, though, that a larger and naturally aspirated engine would be more torquey and more desirable in my books. I hope they don't have too many selling issues, like the XJ220 did when potential buyers found out about it having a V6 rather than a V12.

Either way, I don't even know if you would want anymore power in this thing. 0-60 in 3.3 is amazing as is, and anymore power would probably raise that time due to excess wheelspin. Remeber, this thing's a lightweight
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 05-01-2003 at 04:53 PM.

Originally posted by Egg Nog

Either way, I don't even know if you would want anymore power in this thing. 0-60 in 3.3 is amazing as is, and anymore power would probably raise that time due to excess wheelspin. Remeber, this thing's a lightweight
    More power would make it quicker. It is an AWD lightweight, more power and it would rocket off the line.

Even in a RWD car, more power means the car will be QUICKER. Cars in the real world (unlike digital joy-pad controlled cars in video games) have a throttle which you can actually open only part of the way. Its just a matter of inputting the correct amount of throttle to STOP the excessive wheelspin.

Talking

Everything good for now! Selling shouldn't be an issue because it is only 500 hp range and still in V6 category. I might hiden some hoursepower though!

Everything good for now! Selling shouldn't be an issue because it is only 500 hp range and still in V6 category. I might hiden some hoursepower though!
    As a supposed GTR fan, you should know that the RB26 is an in-line 6.

I was talking about the 6 category. In-Line is a straight 6 and V6 is a V and has 6 pistons. I also have a straight 6 from a Skyline GTS in my 280Z. Stock turbo and every thing. Very quick!!!!!!!!

I was talking about the 6 category. In-Line is a straight 6 and V6 is a V and has 6 pistons. I also have a straight 6 from a Skyline GTS in my 280Z. Stock turbo and every thing. Very quick!!!!!!!!
    Oh, but it still isn't in the V6 category.

wow...one of the most gorgeous cars...its japanese?

Originally posted by BaRRa
    More power would make it quicker. It is an AWD lightweight, more power and it would rocket off the line.

Even in a RWD car, more power means the car will be QUICKER. Cars in the real world (unlike digital joy-pad controlled cars in video games) have a throttle which you can actually open only part of the way. Its just a matter of inputting the correct amount of throttle to STOP the excessive wheelspin.
    Sorry about that, I didn't realize that it was AWD, and that's obviously my fault for not readin it In this case, it should certainly be able to take a horespower increase, and putting that power to all four of the wheels shouldn't be too much of a problem. With everything else, I admit my faults. You're right.

Also, I don't really understand the comparison to video games... obviously throttle is controlable on "real-world cars"

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Also, I don't really understand the comparison to video games... obviously throttle is controlable on "real-world cars"
    One of my mates thinks Gran Turismo is the real world. When he drives a RWD car with lots of power (in the game) he says it is slower off the line because of the wheelspin. He thinks this happens in the real world.

Originally posted by BaRRa
    One of my mates thinks Gran Turismo is the real world. When he drives a RWD car with lots of power (in the game) he says it is slower off the line because of the wheelspin. He thinks this happens in the real world.
    Haha, okay, this makes sense now. Thanks...

It isn't?

I was thinking about Nissan 3.6liter and 3.5 V8. Nismo had develop a 3.6 V6 in their R34 Skylines and Top Secrets had done the same thing. 210mph isn't an every day driving car. Lambo, Ferrari, and Mclear had cars going at 200mph, but not a lot of car lovers can afford one.

Sorry to be the parade-rainer...

... but Tommy Kaira went belly-up and closed operations.

No more are they

I believe a company in England bought the rights to produce the ZZ-S but are marketing it under a different name.

As far as the ZZII is concerned, well since Nissan have phased out the RB-series engines and Tommy Kaira (the company) is dead, I wouldn't expect to see too many ZZIIs around.

Thread Information