Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche's rights are owned by EA iirc so no chance of them in a polyphony game

apart from that, www.gtplanet.net is your freind

Phooie. I won't be enjoying GT5, then, at least, not as much as I would've if this intolerable bullshit could be changed.

It sucks because EA makes horrible racing games. I only remember one or two that was in any way shape or form fun to play, and that game still had many flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    I doubt Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche will be in the game, but there's no reason for Pagani, Koenigsegg and the like to be absent.

Pic from:

www.gamepot.com
    If they cant use the rights for that, i think they should use like TechArt, Koenig and aftermarket tuners like that.BUT Hopefully Koenigsegg is in it with a variety of colours, and same goes for hte Paganis, I hope they have more colour choices for it than just silver. Like 5 or 6 colours at least.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Personally i hope they just stay away from realistic damage - Theres too much to go wrong there. I wouldnt mind some more local recognition either; some more local cars and tracks would be great.
    I am the Stig

right on! at least bathurst has to be included surely... and some more local cars to rip it up in. We have 1960s and 70s beast V8s just like the states but none of ours were included were they... nooooooooooooooo.
    The Datto will rage again...

'67 XR GT, '71 GTHO, some 350 Monaros and an XU1 would go pretty good.

I think alot of people are hanging out for a Commodore V8 Supercar to get in as well.
    I am the Stig

Less Asian Junk please, like theres no need for 50 types of skylines, and Hondas, and all that, stick with a few, please.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Quote Originally Posted by sleekeywoowoo
    Less Asian Junk please, like theres no need for 50 types of skylines, and Hondas, and all that, stick with a few, please.
    I'd bet there'll be twice as many Skylines/Rx-7's/Evo's/and STi's. Hopefully the game pays more homage to homologated GT-racing rather than tuning wet-dream racers to 1000 horsepower.

Why didn't GT4 have Ferrari and Porsche, Polyphony must be making excuses because Forza had 'em, and I also hate when a racing game has some cars that I like, an then in then they are not in the sequel, once a car is put in a racing game it shouldn't be taken out.
    F.irst O.n R.ace D.ay

Alright, *Cracks Knuckles*

1: Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini are no longer owned by EA. Ferrari is sharing most of it with Microsoft. The reason why MS does not totally own Ferrari's license is because the next OutRun game is coming out on the PS2.

2: Damage is in because Kazunori has reported numerous times damage is one of the biggest concerns. He is also working on more realistic and more options in tuning.

3: The videos of Vision GT are running on PS2 hardware. All that has been added is more cars and pit crews.
    The real videos of Gran Turismo 5 will be shown at E3 2006.

4: They can't use Koenig, Novitec, etc.
    The tuners all use the car's companies logos and rights.
    The Koenig 550 Maranello says it in the name. 550 Maranello is a Ferrari registered name, and the car under the new parts is still a Ferrari.

5: GT5 will most likely follow GT3. With GT1 to GT2, there were more options. Then GT2-GT3, options were there, just a decrease in cars. This is all due to experimentation.

6: It's not known who's returning or who's coming in, or who's leaving. Mitsubishi, Mazda, and Audi are currently all known, and we only know of 2 new cars to the series.
    The Evo 9 and the GT4 R8.

Maranello, they didn't have them because it was EA. Anyone could use them, but because EA had a hold on them, you had to pay more to Ferrari and EA.

Sony does not 100% back up Polophony Digital. Microsoft does for the creators of Forza. So, due to MS having the cash it does, it was able to pay EA and Ferrari for Porsche and Ferrari.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

IT will not be worth the money if there isint changable weather and day-night changes.

I don't see why it's such a bad thing to have 50 skylines, lancers, imprezas etc. that look exactly the same. I mean, would you be bothered if - let's say - the BMW 3-series was available with two different engines. As far as they can use the same body for the car, the rest is just simple numeric data that doesn't consume much disk space or anything so it doesn't really decrease the amount of other cars. Actually, if I could decide, there would be more different versions of all cars available.

Exclamation

I copy/pasted this from an older thread. My wishlist for GT5 has been the same since my wishlist for GT4.

-more cars, with a better selection. They NEED to include all the big 'uns, such as Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Koeniggsegg etc. Yes, they do have Ruf but that just isn't the same. It's still missing the Boxter/Cayman, 944, 928, 917, 959, Carrera GT and GT1, along with all the various generations and types of 911.

Liscences? Please. Knowing how big the franchise is and how wanted those liscences are, Polyphony and Sony should just pony up and give us our sweet cars.

-Damage, tire physics, and a realistic in-car view. When I overshoot a corner and fly into the wall, I want the front end to crumple in and the engine to cut, and a quick restart option show up on the screen. I want to see that Corvette I pushed off the road to show off it's scars and have trouble with a wheel balancing problem. I want to see my race car seperate into many pieces in spectacular fashion when I plough it off a cliff.

I also wish there was either a clutch button that would let us either rip the clutch to threads and burn the tires out, thusly creating so much smoke that it fills the screen until the tires literally burst, or gently let it out for smooth getaways of our own nature, not just the computers' preset burnout-phobia it shows whenever you want to take it to gymkhana and light-em up.

And I wish I could see what I was doing in relation to the car, like in real life. I want to be the driver, not a camera on the bumper. I also want a more realistic sense of speed, 150 KPH feels pretty fast realistically. It shouldn't feel like I'm doing 60.

More than 6 cars on the track at once... but that's been fixed apparently.

-More enjoyable rally racing! For gods sake, you can still make it fun and exciting AND realistic at the same time without making it require millions of hours to master and enjoy! It's just too difficult and too slow. And, enough with the short courses, let's see some longer varied tracks in all conditions.

Well, actually, the rallying complaints I have are more for those damned snow races. You have a problem when Sega Rally 2 is way better than your GT at delivering a fun rally experience. And Sega Rally 2 came out in 1999.

-Better custimization options. I want to widen the stance, not just lower it. I also want to put bigger or wider wheels and tires. I want to give it my own paint job, so I can give it a more suitable colour, or unleash your creativity, if so desired. I wouldn't mind more options for wheels, maybe more classic designs rather than modern and ricey, although the wide selection of BBS wheels help matters. Maybe a large selection of Factory options, too.

Really, lots of stuff like that. And that selection of wings is terrible! They should include perhaps more tasteful spoilers and subtle parts like that. I'm not much for ricing cars out, but including those options will satisfy the ricer boys without having to offend those of us whom don't like that crap (by having the choice of completely avoiding it). tasteful customization such as removing or changing positions of parts (The japanese version of many cars where the side mirrors are way forward on top of the fenders? Blech.)

Also, it should be a bit easier to get a hold of cars you like. The Audi Coupe Quattro is not worth 90 grand, people! And, why is the used lot full of cars I don't want? I want something other than the garden variety of japanese cars, the european stuff is too rare! Nay, the cars you want from anywhere is too rare! And you'd think a huge selection of japanese cars would yield the 510, and a few key Mazda's! There's no 1st gen RX-7.. for shame.

How many times have I made these kinds of GT wish-list posts? Who knows and who the hell cares...

The licenses are there to prep you for the upcoming races in your career. However, the game can get to easy.

The game is made in Japan. Expect Japanese cars as the favorites.

I'm sure PD will be glad to have the "Big Ones" as long as you pay the companies for the licenses.

The damage you want is too realistic. Not even those on GTR would like that. KY wants the game to appeal to the arcadey folks too.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    The licenses are there to prep you for the upcoming races in your career. However, the game can get to easy.

The game is made in Japan. Expect Japanese cars as the favorites.

I'm sure PD will be glad to have the "Big Ones" as long as you pay the companies for the licenses.

The damage you want is too realistic. Not even those on GTR would like that. KY wants the game to appeal to the arcadey folks too.

You're an idiot;

Read what I had to say about "Liscences". I'm not talking about the tests, buddy.

OMG! I didn't know it was made in Japan! I didn't even know that Kazunori Yamauchi was japanese! It makes sense, don't it??? -- The point is if they're going for the ultimate selection of cars, which is in fact what they're going for; then they should aim to include the same ridiculous amount of variety in one single make and model in European and American cars as the Japanese cars. It's only fair.

PD are planning on including insanely realistic damage. Yamauchi-san has made note that he wouldn't put damage in unless it was believably realistic and fits with the rest of the game. Looks like that's what'll happen, too.

Don't know if anyones posted this yet but I read an article in the UK Playstation magazine that shows that the entire Top Gear test track will be included in the europeans version of Gran Turismo 5. Awesome!

Thread Information