Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the all new 'v'

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Hell, even the regular XLR ($78,000 and 320Hp) is not worth the cash.
    I'll take an M3 over that. Maybe even an M5.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

sure there are other cars like Z06, vipers, M3 & M5 but i think that cadillac is doing the right thing & making their cars better.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

XLR-V? Absolutely love it!!!

Why pay $100K when you can just go and buy a Corvette? It's the same d*mn base as the XLR and is so much cheaper.
    Maybe because you'd like a car where the interior is covered with cheap fake leather and aluminium, rather than cheap fake plastic?

MSRP is not proportional to bhp, why do so many people find this hard to understand?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    Why buy a Ferrari when a echo will do? Really why pay for a Viper Coupe only to get raped by a cheaper Z06
    I'm talking in terms of sports cars.

If you had a $100,000 to spend on a sports car or "luxury" car, would you spend it all on this XLR-V, or XLR, or on a Corvette, Viper, Jaguar, Merc. BMW, etc.

There's so much more out there worth the money.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Maybe because you'd like a car where the interior is covered with cheap fake leather and aluminium, rather than cheap fake plastic?

MSRP is not proportional to bhp, why do so many people find this hard to understand?
    The fact is there are so many better cars for the money out there.

If I'm spending $100,000 on a sports car, that car better have at least 500 horses, such as the M5 (which can also be considered luxury), Z06, Viper, and then the used sports cars of course.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Why are you people acting like this car is brand new?

The Crossfire concept was not last year. That was Firepower. However, the original concept for the XLR (the Evoq) did predate the concept Crossfire by two years.

Comparing the XLR and the M5 is completely irrelevant.

Stop relying on your thoughts of past Corvettes and Cadillacs to judge new ones. Companies ARE allowed to improve.

And I'd choose the CTS-V or STS-V over a Corvette, Viper or Porsche anyday. The M5 is another story, but that's just because I'm a BMW guy.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Why are you people acting like this car is brand new?

The Crossfire concept was not last year. That was Firepower. However, the original concept for the XLR (the Evoq) did predate the concept Crossfire by two years.

Comparing the XLR and the M5 is completely irrelevant.

Stop relying on your thoughts of past Corvettes and Cadillacs to judge new ones. Companies ARE allowed to improve.

And I'd choose the CTS-V or STS-V over a Corvette, Viper or Porsche anyday. The M5 is another story, but that's just because I'm a BMW guy.
    Because the XLR-V is new.

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Its an XLR-V*
    i realized that minutes after posting and logging of and i'm too lazy to correct it
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

I'm talking in terms of sports cars.

If you had a $100,000 to spend on a sports car or "luxury" car, would you spend it all on this XLR-V, or XLR, or on a Corvette, Viper, Jaguar, Merc. BMW, etc.

There's so much more out there worth the money.
    You are just ignorant to how good the XLR is, chances are you have never sat in one, driven one ect. You can not compare the XLR to a Viper or Corvette, its not even in the same class. Everyone buys the SL because it has precieved quality and it has the name tag. i love the fact that i can go out and buy a SL55 and say that it has the same engine in the C class, the lowest offering in America.
    Last edited by CSL; 01-31-2006 at 05:55 PM.

The fact is there are so many better cars for the money out there.

If I'm spending $100,000 on a sports car, that car better have at least 500 horses, such as the M5 (which can also be considered luxury), Z06, Viper, and then the used sports cars of course.
    What makes the XLR not worth the money because you have the notion its inferior so far up your ass

What makes the Viper better? its cheap interior? It has the name viper? it makes 500hp for by far the most displacement of them all?
    Last edited by CSL; 01-31-2006 at 05:57 PM.

What makes the XLR not worth the money because you have the notion its inferior so far up your ass

What makes the Viper better? its cheap interior? It has the name viper? it makes 500hp for by far the most displacement of them all?
    Wow, everyone wants to bash me because I find it rubbish to pay $100,000 when I could spend that on a better car for the money.

I never said Cadillac hasn't improved Matt. Don't stick the words in my mouth. I like the V models, but a $100K is not worth it.
    But you're telling me you'd rather spend $100K on the XLR-V than a M5 that is cheaper, more comfortable (imo), and faster? Alright, if that's what you wish to do, so be it then.

I have sat in XLR and yes, it's a nice car. But when I pay $100,000 for a car that's a sports car, I need more than what it's got.

You all can bash me because I find the XLR and XLR-V extremely over priced all you want, I don't care.

Being the XLR is practically a luxury Corvette in another form, I'd rather spend that money on an actual Corvette and use the extra to buy my own comfort seats if I wanted too.

IMOPINION, the XLR(-V) does not have enough features stock to be worth $80,000-$100,000.
    Maybe if the XLR was $50,000 and the V was $60,000-$70,000, it might be worth it.
    I'd be better off buying the CTS-V instead.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 01-31-2006 at 06:43 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Wow, everyone wants to bash me because I find it rubbish to pay $100,000 when I could spend that on a better car for the money.

I never said Cadillac hasn't improved Matt. Don't stick the words in my mouth. I like the V models, but a $100K is not worth it.
    But you're telling me you'd rather spend $100K on the XLR-V than a M5 that is cheaper, more comfortable (imo), and faster? Alright, if that's what you wish to do, so be it then.

I have sat in XLR and yes, it's a nice car. But when I pay $100,000 for a car that's a sports car, I need more than what it's got.

You all can bash me because I find the XLR and XLR-V extremely over priced all you want, I don't care.

Being the XLR is practically a luxury Corvette in another form, I'd rather spend that money on an actual Corvette and use the extra to buy my own comfort seats if I wanted too.

IMOPINION, the XLR(-V) does not have enough features stock to be worth $80,000-$100,000.
    Maybe if the XLR was $50,000 and the V was $60,000-$70,000, it might be worth it.
    I'd be better off buying the CTS-V instead.
    You continue to compare the M5 to the XLR and they are not even close to being in the same class. The M5 is a sedan the XLR is a roadster. i have added 2 pictures to show the difference. Faster dosent make a car better, all the euro fanboys scream this when the Z06 is brought up and how it beats some of the best from europe. Go search for the options lists and whats standard and compare it to your worthy 100k car list and then tell me it dosent have all you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Because the XLR-V is new.
    It's a 2006, yes - but it was introduced nearly a year ago.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

You continue to compare the M5 to the XLR and they are not even close to being in the same class. The M5 is a sedan the XLR is a roadster. i have added 2 pictures to show the difference. Faster dosent make a car better, all the euro fanboys scream this when the Z06 is brought up and how it beats some of the best from europe. Go search for the options lists and whats standard and compare it to your worthy 100k car list and then tell me it dosent have all you need.
    I'm comparing the XLR-V
    And both are luxury sport cars, so yes, they are remotely in the same class. So what if one's a sedan and one's a coupe, that never stopped comparisons before. Only real difference is one can hold 2 extra people. They're still performance luxury vehicles.

And maybe you should do some research.
    The XLR-V has absolutely NO options according to their site.

Now here's the sad part. The M5 offers even more luxury for even less.

A tricked out M5 will cost you $92,000, $8K less than the XLR-V.

Now you can continue to say, "1's a roadster, the other's a sedan." Big d*mn deal.

Now, the new V right now is new, so a 0-60 and Top Speed have not been recorded though both cars are under 5 seconds in 0-60 (as are all the V-Series), the M5 at 4.5 seconds and 155 Mph, limited of course.

But
    Horsepower:
    XLR-V=443bhp @ 6,400 RPM
    M5=500bhp @ 7,750 RPM

Weight:
    XLR-V=3,810 lbs.
    M5=4,012lbs.

So let's look again.
    The M5 is heavier, of course, due it's extra passenger room, but the better car.

1)$20,000 cheaper, $10,000 cheaper with all options AND destination charge.
    2)More power
    3)And most likely, more comfortable with or without the heated seats option.

And if you wanted to, more room for future family.

You can continue to say, "well, 1's a roadster" crap, but that's really no matter. The M5 has to take on the weight where the XLR-V gives it the edge.

The V also has NO options. Everything's standard. There's no better seats, no better engine, no better stereos.

The M5 is even a better choice than a Viper. Less horses, a little more expensive, but so much nicer.

Yes, I know the V Series are fantastic cars and will change the way people think of them. But the XLR models are still not worth their price.

Everything else is fine. Even the CTS-V can keep up with the M5 which really says something.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 02-02-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information