Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: More US Government hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    This would hold true if I didn't live in America. Considering I live on the eastern shoreline of America, any army invading in my direction stands no chance, unless they enjoy complete mutilation of their forces.
    That's the Spirit!!

"Clevor" that's the LEAST helpful way of putting in-line quotes.
    jsut type [/qoute] ... your text .....[qoute] ( deliberate mis-type for once )

Anyway, at every stance you make the comment about the others being multi-role and raise a positive comparison with the F-22. It DOES read like you think multi-role is "bad"

It is not "designed" to dogfight. It IS designed to get in quietly and quickly, strike and get out. THEN it has features added to make it viable and survivable in a dogfight. It avoids the dangers of "jack of all, master of none" that the other manufacturers face daily US development is for missile that will ENGAGE a target over 100KM out. So the "fire-and-forget" sphere for an F-22 pilot is currently 50% bigger than anyone elses. Bigger missile means less tho and that means NOT as effective in dog-fight. Multiple contacts prefers multiple munitions
    You missed hte point about the "upgrade". You stated the bleeding obvious. What is normally taken from it is htat comparisons for modern engagement are seldom true for very long as each part gets upgraded etc. With no large pylons tho the F-22 may find a redeisng need on teh wings later on ( or may NOT as the electronics get smaller ? -- I dont' hold on that one tho as radar and electronics MUST get better to start detecting stealth platforms earlier )

"Loved" is a word that normally shows pleasure and approval. I suspect you've maybe been influenced by certain liars who have claimed I'm anti-American. Please dont follow the sheep

2200 was the rounded up speed it was in the 2190s. and the max height was just over 85,000 -- but exageration is accepted as the norm by now it's usually becaue everyoen thinks it MUST go faster/higher than they say just coz it's all black-ops

The thing to remember about the SR-71 was it was a bitch if an engine coughed or flamed out. Flat unrecoverable spin !! Downside of the skunk works approach 14 out of the 32 built wiped out ! The most stupid one being the M-21 drone launch, an idea that about 5 minutes of thinking it through tells you it was VERY high risk for the time.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Didn't mean multi-role is a bad, thing.
    You don't need to tell me more about the F-22, I know quite alot about it.
    Couldn't tell if your statement regarding the SR-71's budget was sarcastic or not.
    I don't think your anti-american I think your set in your ways.
    And the top speed of the SR-71 is 2296mph, just a hair above Mach 3, but as you said the engines stood a great chance of coughing out at that speed. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but for the benefit of others, the Jet engines weren't designed to deal with that much airflow, hence scram jets which are designed to work only at so-called "hypersonic" speeds, or above Mach 5 I think. I go to airshows all the time and have had the enormous pleasure to see a few blackbirds, and I'm going with what former pilots and other experienced individuals have said, ceiling around 90,000ft and a max air speed of 2296mph. Numbers like those don't need to be exaggerated.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 02-01-2006 at 08:57 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I don't think your anti-american I think your set in your ways.
    I'm not really. I have changed opionin through insight many times. It's jsut sometimes on this forum it's the same ofd tripe being tralwed out so yes it will get the same responses
    And the top speed of the SR-71 is 2296mph, just a hair above Mach 3
    It's 3.3-3.4
    Be careful when quoting Mach as the height makes a difference !!
    I go to airshows all the time and have had the enormous pleasure to see a few blackbirds, and I'm going with what former pilots and other experienced individuals have said, ceiling around 90,000ft and a max air speed of 2296mph. Numbers like those don't need to be exaggerated.
    and yet they were
    http://www.lockheedmartin.com/wms/fi...bci=16730&rsbi=

The difficulty with the SR-71 was it's speed was limited by the fuselage temperature and expansion. Pilots are like anglers, it always grows a little in each telling

I've always been out of the country when it has stopped over at Leuchars
    Seen it static many times, many places.
    Supersonic is always something special and to manage what it achieved with the limited knowledge Lockheed had on making it work was a feat of engineering and sheer balls !!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-01-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The difficulty with the SR-71 was it's speed was limited by the fuselage temperature and expansion. Pilots are like anglers, it always grows a little in each telling
    I always heard that the major problems with the SR-71's "Limited" speed was the engines. Even when switched to "ram jet mode" the engines had a problem keeping up and the air would eventually blow right straight through the engines without getting ignited.

Good point about the pilots btw, my dad and I got to talk to Brian Shul a few years back and I was quoting the figures he stated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I always heard that the major problems with the SR-71's "Limited" speed was the engines. Even when switched to "ram jet mode" the engines had a problem keeping up and the air would eventually blow right straight through the engines without getting ignited.
    Yeah I was thinking Concorde
    IIRC yeah the compressor inlet temperature reaches means the air cannot be ignited as it was already at the temperature that it would melt the comnpressor blades. There was always rumours that the J58 was tested to Mach 3.6 equivalent temperatures on the bench but never in flight Or maybe it was

BTW, if you want the real word on the SR-71, then thanks go to similar minded plane freaks See http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/manual/appendix/ the SR-71 flight manual !!!!!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-02-2006 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha yeah, and then they'd all get off the boat here and flee to a new life in a non-communist country
    there are people in china who actually enjoy living in a communist country.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    there are people in china who actually enjoy living in a communist country.
    That is because they don't know a different life style, like most of us Americans, we assume Capitalism is much better than Socialsim and Communism, but only a handful haved lived in both worlds, only they know.

Now the West is also certainly on a significant collision course with China and once that's over and resolved all the major conflicts will be ended ... until (if) Africa comes into power as it seems Africa is on a collision course with everything.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstopable!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmallz
    That is because they don't know a different life style, like most of us Americans, we assume Capitalism is much better than Socialsim and Communism, but only a handful haved lived in both worlds, only they know.

Now the West is also certainly on a significant collision course with China and once that's over and resolved all the major conflicts will be ended ... until (if) Africa comes into power as it seems Africa is on a collision course with everything.
    If that did happen, China will totally destroy america with its brute force,or it could just cut off all the made in china products. Then i'd move to Europe or Asia, or just learn more Mandarin.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    If that did happen, China will totally destroy america with its brute force,or it could just cut off all the made in china products. Then i'd move to Europe or Asia, or just learn more Mandarin.
    Personally i do not think that china can screw America. We have far better technology and weapons, (have you seen the land warrior?) The M1 Abrams Super Tank is unrivaled in armored war fare. China does have the numbers advantage, if they just give a pitchfork to every cititzen, we might not have enough ammunition.
    America: Quality
    China: Quantity
    Although, quantity does have a quality of its own...

Of course that is if we were to invade their land, but if they established a beach head and sent wave after wave of peaseants (don't mean to offend) we would be over run.

Hopefully this never happens, no one wants World War 3.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

Guest Guest
    Personally i do not think that china can screw America. We have far better technology and weapons, (have you seen the land warrior?) The M1 Abrams Super Tank is unrivaled in armored war fare. China does have the numbers advantage, if they just give a pitchfork to every cititzen, we might not have enough ammunition.
    America: Quality
    China: Quantity
    Although, quantity does have a quality of its own...

Of course that is if we were to invade their land, but if they established a beach head and sent wave after wave of peaseants (don't mean to offend) we would be over run.

Hopefully this never happens, no one wants World War 3.
    as previously said, even Americas simulations show China would be the clear victor in any conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    as previously said, even Americas simulations show China would be the clear victor in any conflict
    explain to me the bit where china magically conjures a massive seaborne/airborne transport fleet out of thin air so that they could actually transport their millions of soldiers to america for an invasion.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    Where are these simulations, i would very much enjoy reading/watching one.
    Keep in mind there a lot of "ifs" in these statements. If China can achieve mass transportation, if they can slip past the radar, if they establish a beach head. If the beach head is targeted and destroyed by a Tactical, not strategic Nuclear War head,(American Govt. would not hesitate to drop a bomb on it own soil if it could save lives.) of coarse the easiest way to get to america is through Mexico.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

the easiest way to get to america is through Mexico.
    Canada ... longer border

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Canada ... longer border
    true...but canada would be less sympathetic to an invasion of the US than mexico
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information