Thread: Studebaker Sceptre

Studebaker Sceptre

Studebaker Sceptre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    This was a one-off prototype built in 1962. It was designed by Brooks Stevens (a friend of the president of Studebaker-Packard Corporation) in collaboration with Sibona-Bassano, an Italian coachbuilder. It used a supercharged version of Studebaker's 289 cubic inch V-8. It was projected to go into production in 1966. Note the fact that it has different trim on either side; the left-side trim illustrated what would have been the "deluxe" version.

In addition to the GT Hawk Special and the Sceptre, a third car was designed and built by Stevens and Sibona-Bassano. This third car was a projection of what the Studebaker Lark wagon would look like in 1964. Like the GT Hawk Special, it had interchangeable doors. The concept wagon's unique sliding roof actually entered production in 1963.
    Last edited by Timothy (in VA); 07-22-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

thank you! I'm going for search of photos of the 3th car, the station wagon... do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by ribatejo69 View Post
    thank you! I'm going for search of photos of the 3th car, the station wagon... do you have?
    I only know about these cars because they're pictured and briefly described in a book I have. There are two pictures of the station wagon in the book, but I don't know where they can be found online. I might be able to scan the page, but I can't make any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    I only know about these cars because they're pictured and briefly described in a book I have. There are two pictures of the station wagon in the book, but I don't know where they can be found online. I might be able to scan the page, but I can't make any promises.
    Ok, I'd really appreciate that!

Ok, I'd really appreciate that!
    (my daughter help me to write this completed english words in comphrehensible sense ) one day, when I have all my white hair and moustache's, I will be a good student and graduate! :-)

(my daughter help me to write this completed english words in comphrehensible sense ) one day, when I have all my white hair and moustache's, I will be a good student and graduate! :-)
    how old is your daughter? and has she studied english abroad, or just in school?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Here it comes; I had to split the scanned image in two to keep it in the size limit for attachments, and the quality's not great, but it's the best I could do.

The first image is the top half of the page with three images of the Studebaker GT Hawk Special, including a rear view and one with the doors open. Also in the first image are the captions for all seven pictures on the page.

The second image is the bottom half of the same page. On the left are two pictures of the Studebaker Sceptre, while on the left are the two pictures of the wagon concept I was referring too.

I should probably give credit to the book and whoever owns the copyright. The book is called "Cars of the Sizzling '60s: A decade of Great Rides and Good Vibrations" by the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide, and is published by Publications International, Ltd.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I shrunk the image and was able to get the whole page within the size limit. It goes without saying that it looks better in person, but the scanner made it look all grainy for some reason.

ANOTHER EDIT: One more picture of the Studebaker Sceptre, in its current home: the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend, Indiana. It looks like the wagon concept may be next to it. Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Timothy (in VA); 07-22-2007 at 06:55 PM.

thanks a lot, Timothy (in VA): thanks a lot!

Thread Information