Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Comp 59 Weekly Automotive Photo Contest

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Don't you think things some things should change even tho its the 59th comp? It's getting incredibly boring.
    i think its getting boring simply because of the repitition of subject matter, every sees a picture that won, takes a picture of the same thing and hopes to win!

or maybe the competition has just run its course

I'm begining to loose respect for UCP as the days go on, it's not like the good ol' days on here anymore so I'm probably going to be leavin sometime soon.
    so am i, stupid quarrels, the f'ing jelly things, random crap, the competitions becoming boring and people cheating, its just not as good anymore
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Cry. You guys do understand that photoshop is a $600+ program, and not everyone downloads things illegally
    haha you're talking about me, arent you?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha you're talking about me, arent you?
    Not necessarily, people like Wouter, you, McReis (I think), etc are against piracy.

Photoshop elements is 99 bucks, and usually free with scanners. It has almost everything CS does and a great alternative to paying 600 bucks for CS.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Not necessarily, people like Wouter, you, McReis (I think), etc are against piracy.
    oh i was thinking it was you, cuz we had that whole discussion about why i wont steal it...or maybe that wasnt you

almost everyone edits their photos with some sort of program to resize them anyway :-)

If you want to post edited photos go to the photo-edit compitition... not here. it is as simple as that.

Even in the photo-edit comp there are limitations, which there shouldn't be.

the problem with "using the p-edit photo comp" instead of this comp is that people here that have one the comps are listed so in the first post....they almost all used some sort of saturation and contrast edit to win, i know i did for my 3 victories

so people dont want to start another comp after being in this one for so long, i think a p-edit comp is a good idea, however, i do believe minor editing should be allowed for this comp, and if not, then ALL of the past victories for this particular comp MUST BE erased to be fair

so either allow minor editing in this comp or erase all past comp wins (you cant change the rules at comp 59, thats too late in the game!)
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

The purpose of this comp is to demonstrate camera skills based around automobiles. So that means the picture shouild come straight off the camera, resized and chucked into the competition. If you wanted 'That picture lighter or darker' etc. then use different camera settings. THIS COMP IS FOR SKILLED USE OF A CAMERA, PHOTOSHOP IS NOT PART OF A CAMERA!! It should be only used for resizing the picture to 800x600 or less to meet the requirements.

anyway, here's my pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    the problem with "using the p-edit photo comp" instead of this comp is that people here that have one the comps are listed so in the first post....they almost all used some sort of saturation and contrast edit to win, i know i did for my 3 victories
    That sucks Werty.

Anybody else wanna let everyone know how their cheated their way into winning?

I use settings on my camera for brightness/contrast/saturation for everyone of my photos but that is done on the camera when I shoot the photo. Does that mean I cheated too?
    And for those who can't do that on the camera when they shoot the picture why can't they do it afterwords?

I use settings on my camera for brightness/contrast/saturation for everyone of my photos but that is done on the camera when I shoot the photo. Does that mean I cheated too?
    And for those who can't do that on the camera when they shoot the picture why can't they do it afterwords?
    1- You can do much more on an editing software than on your camera.

2- It's all about the moment and not what you can do afterwards. If you can quickly set up your camera and take a great photo in seconds during a car race or something then you have skills and that's what the comp is all about... If you take a crappy photo and make it just perfect by playing around with it 20 minutes on photoshop then what's the point?

I'm just curious, who has entered a real life photo competition before?
    There are no rules except size and having it matted on a board. Why should this photocomp be so different? Why should those of us who actually want to move on in photography have to lag behind because of those who happen to see a car and take it with thier cheap ass point and shoot and have no clue about post processing?

PS most people don't even notice post processing unless it smacks it in their faces.
    Last edited by johnnynumfiv; 02-05-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    I'm just curious, who has entered a real life photo competition before?
    There are no rules except size and having it matted on a board. Why should this photocomp be so different? Why should those of us who actually want to move on in photography have to lag behind because of those who happen to see a car and take it with thier cheap ass point and shoot and have no clue about post processing?

PS most people don't even notice post processing unless it smacks it in their faces.

Maybe because it is the rule in this comp?

My god you are talking like little children in the Kindergarten "oh, lets do it this way", "no, lets do it that way", "mummy, he took my teddy"...

READ THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM OR GO OUT AND CRY!

It can't be to difficult to take a good picture with your cams and then show it to us in here. If I can do it with a 3.2 MP digicam, you can also do it with more expensive cams.

And don't tell me something about "good photographers are editing, too"... Somebody, who is editing his photos will never be a good photographer, because he isn't better than everybody else who can use PS or other progs!

So, back to topic: when will the comp come up?
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Maybe because it is the rule in this comp?

My god you are talking like little children in the Kindergarten "oh, lets do it this way", "no, lets do it that way", "mummy, he took my teddy"...

READ THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM OR GO OUT AND CRY!

It can't be to difficult to take a good picture with your cams and then show it to us in here. If I can do it with a 3.2 MP digicam, you can also do it with more expensive cams.

And don't tell me something about "good photographers are editing, too"... Somebody, who is editing his photos will never be a good photographer, because he isn't better than everybody else who can use PS or other progs!

So, back to topic: when will the comp come up?
    My question is why can't these rules change?

Thread Information