Thread: EDAG Biwak Conceptcar

EDAG Biwak Conceptcar

World premiere of the “EDAG Biwak” and European premiere of the EDAG Hard Top Concept of the “Pontiac Solstice” at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show

Fulda/Geneva At this year’s Motor Show in Geneva, EDAG Engineering + Design AG will be exhibiting two exceptional vehicle concepts which will reinforce the company’s reputation as an innovative and creative partner to the international motor vehicle industry. As a world premiere, the globally active company will be presenting the “EDAG Biwak”, a sensational derivative concept based on the New Beetle. For this new EDAG concept car, the classic, half-rounded beetle shape has been converted into an estate silhouette, creating extra room for various new professional and leisure applications. With the version for the Geneva Show, EDAG are going all out for a provocative exterior – the EDAG Biwak look was inspired by the spirit of the grunge movement of the early 1990s, and takes up a successful trend in the fashion branch. A daring mix of materials in the interior and exterior, and patina instead of a high-gloss finish dominate the appearance of the avantgarde Beetle, which signals under-statement and individuality for a new generation of vehicle owners.

Following the world premiere of the EDAG Hard Top Version of the “Pontiac Solstice” at the Detroit Motor Show in January 2006, the Geneva Show will be the venue for its unveiling in Europe. The American sports convertible is delivered ex works with a fabric top which, once it is folded back, tucks away under the lid of the boot.
    The EDAG design team have designed a special hard top with an integral boot cover for the Solstice. This not only puts a solid roof over the driver’s head, but also lends the car a com-pletely new appearance. Inspired by the Pontiac Safari station wagons of the 1950s and 60s, the EDAG designers have created a powerful, elegant and contemporary variant of an estate sports car.

Both vehicle concepts will be presented at EDAG’s press conference at our stand (No. 2157 in Hall 2) at 10.45 am on 1st March 2006.

Source: http://forum.softpedia.com/index.php?showtopic=106032

ouch, that rear 3/4 looks u-g-l-y.

If they can pull off that NOT looking hideous in real life I'll be impressed.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guest Guest
    loving that beetle with a dodgy bit of metal on the back style!

strange- as i was reading it i started to picture a really sleek beetle inspired sedan in my head, and i was thinking it would look pretty nice, could be an excellent luxury sedan.. then i scrolled down and saw that monstrosity.
    PS- bastard child of a beetle and honda element?

not the best looking car, thats for sure.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

BEETLEVAN!

Who would rip off a Beetle?!

Thread Information