Thread: yup, another what car should i get?

yup, another what car should i get?

i just want to hear all your opinions. its between a sti wrx, evoVIII, rx-8, and the 350Z. i dont need another used car. so these are the options. i am a mitsu fan so i love the evo, but i like all cars. my car now is gonning into the garage and am i am doing lots of work to it, and i need a new "daily driver". I guess i want your bang for the buck so to speak.

If fuel consumption is a paticular factor, I would expect the WRX and EVO and would be the better, as fuel consumption remains a rotary engine weakness, and generally a V6 takes more fuel than a 4 cylinder turbo. How many people are you carrying around in your car usually? If its more than just you and one passenger often, you'd be better of with a WRX or EVO, although the RX-8 has those nifty little doors at the back. They are all cars I (and most people) would love to own, and really you are spoilt for choice. It all comes down to what you need your car to do.

Out of these four for economy reasons take the Nissan, the rotary engine of the Mazda will eat in your budget, and if you really want to test the capabilities of the other two turbo cars than count on 18-20 litre per 100 km.
    If you want performance and economy buy a BMW 330CD if thats available wherever you are.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseTSi
    i just want to hear all your opinions. its between a sti wrx, evoVIII, rx-8, and the 350Z. i dont need another used car. so these are the options. i am a mitsu fan so i love the evo, but i like all cars. my car now is gonning into the garage and am i am doing lots of work to it, and i need a new "daily driver". I guess i want your bang for the buck so to speak.
    RX-8: Is the slowest one
    350Z: 2 seater

I would go with either the Evo or the STI. They are the fastest, you can sit 5 people and they have a big trunk, they are all wheel drive, they consume less gas etc

I would take the STI, in my opinion it looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    RX-8: Is the slowest one
    350Z: 2 seater

I would go with either the Evo or the STI. They are the fastest, you can sit 5 people and they have a big trunk, they are all wheel drive, they consume less gas etc

I would take the STI, in my opinion it looks better.
    the sti and the evo were my top pics. i just wanted to see what u guys had to say when compared to each other. i will be slightly moding what ever i get. too bad the mitsu and subaru dealears arent right next to each other so i could test drive them wthin minuits of each other.

Personally since i am only 15 i aint sure what you should get but since it came out i have loved the 350Z and have heard positive things of them. It is a two seater unfortunatly so..........i aint sure.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseTSi
    the sti and the evo were my top pics. i just wanted to see what u guys had to say when compared to each other. i will be slightly moding what ever i get. too bad the mitsu and subaru dealears arent right next to each other so i could test drive them wthin minuits of each other.
    I'm sure they're both awesome, you are so lucky to be able to get one of those cars!

Let us know when you get it!

just so you know...the wrx and evo go back and forth, and with the evo WRC04 coming out, you can expect a new evo in a year or two...one with significant improvements...and one that will significantly drive the price of your used evo8 down... The STI is pretty much on top of its game, so i doubt the resale would drop too much. Just something to consider.

I'd pick the sube...sounds better, looks meaner than the evo. The 350z and rx8 are a little over rated IMO, decent cars but the sti and evo are right there in price...and have better performance and usability. it pains me not to recommend a rotary (love them) but the rx8 doesn't impress me much. The 350 is....love it or hate it....i can't make up my mind.

-Sammich
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

well i am not looking to get a used i need a new one. i was thinking about the evo rs, but i need a radio power windows etc. i agree that the 350z and rx-8 are over rated. to bad they still dont make the 300zx or rx-7
    i guess its gonna be a battle between the evo and sti. ill let you know who wins in my compition. lol

i mean in terms of YOU selling it....someday, you might be faced with that end, and if this new car comes out and blows it away, you might lose....seems like that's what happened with the WRX when the sti came out..but i may be wrong.

I agree, too bad they stopped the seven...that was a sweet car. Maybe they'll fix up the eight and it'll be just as fast...maybe?

anyways, evo OR sti, you can't go wrong...of course, you can't go wrong with ANY of those cars...I say you buy a seven and an impreza 2.5 RS and send one to me
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

well your gonna have to put a radio in the sti since it doesnt have one if you want a car with a radio

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    i mean in terms of YOU selling it....someday, you might be faced with that end, and if this new car comes out and blows it away, you might lose....seems like that's what happened with the WRX when the sti came out..but i may be wrong.
    ahh gotcha. i never really thought of that. i guess i ahve a lot of thinking to do it'll be a few months till i acutally buy it, so i got some time to think and do a lot of test drivin.

Quote Originally Posted by HBloverb18
    well your gonna have to put a radio in the sti since it doesnt have one if you want a car with a radio
    ill be putting my own radio in any car i get anyway. and the sti i belive is pre-wired and u can get a stock one put in upon the buyers request.

i'd get the evo with a nice dark blue glossy paint job i dont like the look of the subaru and its body is really weak, low quality and crap

Thread Information