Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: start of F1

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    makes me wonder how and why the FIA accepted the Bahranian GP at that time of the year??
    Money

[QUOTE=henk4]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfahollic
    When Toyota has 60 years Ferrari will have 120 years if were going to talk about it that way. Japs will never post a threat. Only when they start comming up with their own ideas!

Are you old enough to remember the dominance of the Honda turbo engines in F1 before the TAG's? Do you remember the subsequent V12's and V10's?
    it was after the TAG's ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

i will never understand ... why didn;t i say that F1 was boring in 96,97 or 98 .. ????? Ferrari getting beaten . and beaten quite good,, .. i remember being very upset(and i really mean very upset ) .. but why would i say it was boring. . i was wathcing F1 ... living with hope that ferrari can come back .... race after race ...
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Money
    And lots of it.

Also, I suspect that the tabacco advertising ban doesn't apply there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard

Also, I suspect that the tabacco advertising ban doesn't apply there.
    isnt such a thing controlled by the FIA?? or is it upto each country's local regulations ?
    anyways, lets just hope they used the tons of money they have to build an exciting track !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

tabac=money ..
    and the circuits are not build with the FOCA money or something . they are usually buid with local money ..
    there is just winning

The tabacco advertising regulation is controlled by indivitual countries. Some countries already implement this, which is why sometimes you see the name changed to something else but keeping the colour scheme.

However, the FIA have decreed that in 2006 (I think) tabacco sponsorship is to be completely banned from F1, and all teams will have to find alternative sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    can u guess what the conditions will be in Bahrain ??? they might need special modifications to the tyres for that one.
    and dont worry about tropical rains! i dont know how anyone could wear the racing suit and sit in a hot racing cabin under 45 degrees celsuis conditions.
    makes me wonder how and why the FIA accepted the Bahranian GP at that time of the year??

Can't you get racing suits that have water circulating through them or something like have ice packs positioned inside the padding? The issue of heat was brought up for last years final round of the V8 Supercars where the drivers would be driving at 40+ temperatures and inside the car it would increase to something like 60 degrees
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 03-10-2004 at 01:28 AM.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    it was after the TAG's ..

You'r right, thanks for the correction. Later on the Macs also used the Hondas.

Cant remember what team it is in the V8 supercars but i heard that one of them has an airconditioning unit of some sort? Any one know any more about it?

For my jap comments, I just don't like jap crap, and any motorsport fanatic knows they have used other manufactures ideas (coppied) many times I could make a list. Honda still put DOHC on their cam covers, now i know that Alfa and im only using Alfa coz i know they had DOHC and 5 speed box's front rear disc brakes sodium cooled exhaust valves in the 60's production cars, and a lot earlier than that in racing cars '30s- Other manufactures like AUDI etc proberly had it same time as well not sure tho so i quoted Alfa.
    Performance can Seduce

Quote Originally Posted by Alfahollic
    Cant remember what team it is in the V8 supercars but i heard that one of them has an airconditioning unit of some sort? Any one know any more about it?

Paul Morris/Sirromet Wines Racing. He's been developing it for a while and just stuck it in this season. It apparently makes the in-cabin temperature around 15 degrees or something, unless its 15 degrees it drops the temperature
    I am the Stig

The Peugeot Grand Prix car of 1913 had the first DOHC/4 valve engine, so the Italians have copied that!?. As Matra already said, have a look at the Honda GP motorcycles from the sixties, using 6 cylinder 250 cc engines screaming at more than 20,000 revs. Be careful that your prejudice does not go so far as saying that Japanese cars have round wheels, which they surely must have copied from the guy who invented the wheel and forgot to patent it.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Be careful that your prejudice does not go so far as saying that Japanese cars have round wheels, which they surely must have copied from the guy who invented the wheel and forgot to patent it.
    Quite right.
    There are very few original ideas these days. 99% of stuff is either a copy or an adaptation of an idea.

I would never buy an Alfa and have never owned one, so my observations are based purely on what I have heard and read. My understanding is that at least until recently, they were poorly built and rather unreliable. I am in no way a blind advocate of Japanese cars , but on balance they have had a reputation for being the exact opposite for many years now. Therefore the fact that Alfa used a certain technology first and the Japanese second is immaterial when Alfa seemingly did it poorly and the Japanese ( althought the term is somewhat general ) in most cases, do it quite well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I would never buy an Alfa and have never owned one, so my observations are based purely on what I have heard and read. My understanding is that at least until recently, they were poorly built and rather unreliable. I am in no way a blind advocate of Japanese cars , but on balance they have had a reputation for being the exact opposite for many years now. Therefore the fact that Alfa used a certain technology first and the Japanese second is immaterial when Alfa seemingly did it poorly and the Japanese ( althought the term is somewhat general ) in most cases, do it quite well.
    The Alfa Twin Cam was one of the sweetest engines !
    Yes it was highly strung, needed to be serviced and maintained.
    But if you want performance, it has to come with SOME cost.
    Alfa's worst was the AlfaSud and again not because of the excellent boxer engine but due to rust.
    Many cars of the late 70s/early 80s were similar - something was messed up in the European steel industry at the time
    The reference back to Alfa's twin cam 50 years before that was jsut to point out the error in drawing a line and suggesting only the Japanese have copied and improved.
    All nations and companies do !!
    I'd recommend you try an Alfa, they are 'spirited' and a joy to drive ( and listen to )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information