I think the thing a lot of people are forgetting about sales figures is that Holden know the VZ is underwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised if they planned for the VZ not to be the highest selling car this year. The Commodore is the biggest part of their sales, and the VE will re-write the book, as far as Holden is concerned anyway. While they may look vulnerable, the truth is far from it.

Realistically, Toyota would probably expand their own plant before buying Tonsley (?) apart from maybe trying to get good press, but they're making enough money. I would genuinely like to see Chrysler get back in on the act, but by judging a whole portfolio and not just one or two cars, they're found wanting. The success of the soon-to-be-returning Dodge will see how the public will view them. A big 2-door V8 sedan in the portfolio of either company would certainly do them no harm.

Ok maybe I just wanna see the impact of the retro styling with an Aussie twist. If Chrysler start building something in Aus (Huge If) then Holden and Ford would have to re-assess concepts and public views on whats hot and whats not, eventually tricking into real world cars.