Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Supra, Skyline gt-r34, Rx-7, Nsx, Imprenza wrx sti, lancer, 3000gt, Rx-8, Mustang....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    youd be suprised...

I know supras and skylines that still use cats. thats enough for emissions here most of the time.
    18 psi on a 3 liter strait six ?? putting out 1000 wheel horsepower ?? that defies physics man, unless that guy is running on nitrous i really doubt that's possible, and even if it is possible i would seriously doubt the reliability of what's left of that engine

Quote Originally Posted by shadesMC
    we're talking about nismo/nissan. i don't care what you have to say about them, they know a helluva lot more about building cars than you or me.
    and im sure theyd agree after they see your rediculous ramblings bout a 1250 horsepower 4.5 liter engine thats only boosted to 18 psi running on pump gas

Hey Knife Edge 2K1, all car arguments aside, there is this really great website called Ray Hall Turbocharging(www.turbofast.com.au) that computes a few different turbocharging and compression equations much like the one you demonstrated from How Stuff works. By the way, it’s nice to see some one who will actually argue with me about cars. You think I’m an idiot and I think no less of you. So were on the same page.
    With this in all this in mind, I will address the issue of the 1000 rwhp 4500cc engine. First, I will point out that Nissan already has a motor that produces an amazing 225 hp per liter that finds its home in the Z-tune. If a twin turbo 4.5 V8 were build to the exact hp per liter specifications of that motor, then the engine would possess 1,012 hp @ 6,800 rpm with full exhaust systems, intake systems, and accessories. Now, lets say we rework the heads, intake, turbo’s, and exhaust operate at a higher engine speed, say peak power at 7,500 rpm, a mere 700 rpm higher. The increase in engine speed, shift of the torque band, would leave the engine producing roughly 1110 hp. Yes, low speed torque would suffer, but with the use of a variable geometry intake system and sequential twin turbo’s, some of the low speed torque could be reclaimed. Now I know, it’s no 1250 hp, but it is rather close for a car running pump gas.

its not as simple as just applying that type of tuning, every engine is different, motorcycle engines often put out close to 200 bhp with 1 litre motors, so if honda makes an 8 liter NA engine can they put out 1600 bhp ?? i think not, motorcycle engines rev up to 11000+ rpm, ever seen a street engine do that ?? i think not

all the stuff you said, to polish the headers and crap, that only makes the air enter the cylinders easier to meet the engine's theoretical potential, it doesnt increase this potential that's important to understand

i also know that the method i use was really basic and took alot of assumptions for my efficiency percentages but when you're comparing an theoretically derived 7 liter engine versus your 4.5 that is a huge difference, if my number was like 5 liter then yea its possible but 7-4.5 lthats a friggin 50% increase

im taking your numbers here budy

500 bhp from 2.8 liters is not 225bhp per liter, learn to divide numbers buddy, and the engine in the z-tune can rev to 8000rpm, i have no idea what the bore and stroke stats are for the engine you're specifying but if it outputs 4.5 liters there is no way in hell it's reving to 8000 rpm i doubt it can rev up to 7000, the rev limit is determined by the strength of the con rods stroke and rpm

by what means are you arriving at your 1110hp value ?? pulling it outta ur ass ?? that doesnt cut it around here buddy stop playing need for speed and get back to reality, bottom line 1000 bhp from 4.5 liter v8 that prolly cant pass 7000 rpm without snapping itself in half with only 18 psi ... aint possible
    even less likely if you need to pass emissions, health and safety etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    and im sure theyd agree after they see your rediculous ramblings bout a 1250 horsepower 4.5 liter engine thats only boosted to 18 psi running on pump gas

interesting...ok, quote from one of MY POSTS where i said that a 1,250hp 4.5v8 with 18psi existed or could exist.

bugatti looses like a million dollars on every veyron it sells, you think nissan will/can take that ??

are you saying it costs them $1 million to make it, and then profit the remaining $700k, or they lose $1 million AFTER everything is said and done per vehicle? either way, show me how.

also - bugatti's market pales in comparison to nissan. nissan sells worldwide, en masse. does bugatti? well, there aren't that many in parking lot outside right now, but i see plenty of nissans. so how is it that bugatti could take a much greater hit than nissan? if a bugatti model backfires, they're ****ed because they only have a few out there. nissan has nearly a dozen types of vehicles. and if you include infiniti, that doubles the lineup. if one fails, woopty friggin doo. they've got plenty more to back things up.

its a net loss of a million dollars on each car, and thats assuming they meet their sales target

interesting...ok, quote from one of MY POSTS where i said that a 1,250hp 4.5v8 with 18psi existed or could exist.
    thought u were the other guy

its a net loss of a million dollars on each car, and thats assuming they meet their sales target

odd. why do they even bother, then?

Guest Guest
    odd. why do they even bother, then?
    its designed to add "image" to the brand, and publicise their name so that the sales of future cars will benefit

[QUOTE=KnifeEdge_2K1]
    Quote Originally Posted by matheusrgomes

worse comparison ever cuz all these cars were built for a different purpose but hell im bored and i dont wanna study

Supra too heavy
    Skyline too heavy and way too many idiot fanboys for any normal person to ever consider getting one
    350z not bad but the engine blows
    rx7 classic, nothing wrong with this car other then the abismal reliability and fuel consumption
    rx8 not nearly good enuff to be an rx7 succesor but a good car overall
    silvia nothing wrong with it but nothing special enough to put it up there
    3000gt wayyyyyyyyy tooooooo heavy
    g35 good luxury/sports car but not good as a luxury or sports car
    nsx good car, not enuff power, way too heavy in the T form, NSX-R pwns all
    impreza wrx sti too understeery
    lancer evo ugly interior but that doesn't really matter
    mustang so many things wrong i dont know where to start
    corvette id like to bash it but it's pretty good, still rather have an import tho
    viper 1 word, crap
    I Agree about the skyline and shuld a sportscar have all this electronic stuff?
    I mean in a skyline your not a driver but a navigator. ABS, Antispin data stabilised chasi don't belong on spotscars.

Ariel motors in the UK got this things right.
    Why is smal british companys like westfield, arial and lotus the only ones that know how a car should behave?

Last years spec honda F1 engine at 3L had a output of 950hp without anny turbocharging and F1 cars are only aloved to use normal petrolium.

The turboengines in F1 in late 80's had a volum at 1,5L and a output of 1200hp

Rallycross cars had a output of 600hp and this cars have restrictor plates on the turbo inlet.

I do belive a 4,5L street car engine can reatch 1000hp, but I would like to know the setup befour I could defend a sutch claim.
    I think that using psi just show that you way out of the modern world. It's pascal that the standard. 100000kPa=1bar

Isn't there versions of the Skylines that are just RWD. The GTS is RWD and GTR is AWD? Or which way is it?
    I think the Supra is a great car even if it's heavy. I'm sure there is lots of ways to lighten them up.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    Isn't there versions of the Skylines that are just RWD. The GTS is RWD and GTR is AWD? Or which way is it?
    I think the Supra is a great car even if it's heavy. I'm sure there is lots of ways to lighten them up.
    yeah there is a GTS and a GTS-T etc etc, GTS is RWD
    imo 1400kg isn't that heavy
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by stian1979
    Last years spec honda F1 engine at 3L had a output of 950hp without anny turbocharging and F1 cars are only aloved to use normal petrolium.

The turboengines in F1 in late 80's had a volum at 1,5L and a output of 1200hp

Rallycross cars had a output of 600hp and this cars have restrictor plates on the turbo inlet.

I do belive a 4,5L street car engine can reatch 1000hp, but I would like to know the setup befour I could defend a sutch claim.
    I think that using psi just show that you way out of the modern world. It's pascal that the standard. 100000kPa=1bar
    it's called small ass stroke and lots of boost

the specs the guy provided make it impossible to reach that type of power

Thread Information