Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge PS3 and 360 news today!!!

Huge PS3 and 360 news today!!!

-first off the 360 has stopped shipping all together because of "component problems"
    -second, the ps3 will be $800 at least
    -third, PS3 prob wont be till 2007, even though sony says this spring
    but that is just speculation, im hoping maybe sony has been hiding its ps3 stockpiles

read the article its interesting

http://www.playfuls.com/news_01270_P...d_Rumors_.html
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Well, the rumours say that during the first year it would cost about $900 for sony to make one PS3, that should drop to $320 in three years. The high price is mostly because of the Cell processor and Blu-Ray drive, which alone is estimated to cost $350.

im buying two on launch day, using a buddy of course to buy the 2nd

im selling the 2nd one on ebay for 3000, this will pay for my ps3 and have extra cash left over

best idea ever
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

HA. i'll buy 5 on launch day. make like 10 grand.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

$800? Jeez, thats a bit too much
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

i dont know how they can say it hasant been shipped when the gamestop and best buy near my house continue to get new shipments in, twice a week

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    i dont know how they can say it hasant been shipped when the gamestop and best buy near my house continue to get new shipments in, twice a week
    Factory --> international distributor ---> national distributor ---> Local distributor ---> Shop distributor ---> shop

It's the first step that has stopped. The chain will empty at demand rates
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Factory --> international distributor ---> national distributor ---> Local distributor ---> Shop distributor ---> shop

It's the first step that has stopped. The chain will empty at demand rates
    YOu would think you would be able to find more information on this beside this site that dosent site any sources

I work for Gamestop part time and corporate told us to expect increased shipments as of Monday. Also, the component problems that occurred in some 360 were over publicized imo. My store has not seen any returns since launch, and most of the people I've talked to, myself included, haven't had any problems with 360. As for the PS3 being really expensive, chances are they'll delay the system like you said to try and drive down the price. I think they're well aware that $800 isn't going to go over well with consumers. I know I wouldn't buy one for that much.
    Hang on when ya had enough, give more when ya feel like givin up.

Ha 800 dollars! You know what i could do with 800 dollars? I could buy lots of Mr.Good bars and eat all of them in one sitting, yea I went there.

jesus, in australia the 360 is gonna be $700 AUD for a the one with the HD, wireless controllers and you get a game as well. $800 USD is over $1000AUD!

i was quoted $625 for the premium xbox in australia if you preorder?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There is no way Sony would sell the PS3 for more than $500. I have heard before that several analyst companies were predicting the box would cost more than $900 to produce, but when you look at their individual component costs things don't really add up. For instance, one prediction had the blu-ray drive costing, by itself, $350. There is no way this can be right. All of the image processing is being done by the main cpu, and the laser isn't that much different from a regular red laser that it would drive up the cost that much, especially to a bulk buyer like Sony will be. Other components, such as the networking boards and wireless components were also way overpriced for a bulk purchaser. The prices the analyst companies were using are something the average joe could find if you searched around a little. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the PS3 will be expensive to produce at first, and I'm sure that Sony will sell them at a loss, maybe even a significant one, to drive sales. However, it's sure as hell not going to cost $800 to make a PS3, and there is no way that Sony would ever sell their system at twice the price of its main competitor.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by mj9977
    and most of the people I've talked to, myself included
    Oh

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i was quoted $625 for the premium xbox in australia if you preorder?
    well this was a special limited edition box set, i've seen it a JB and Harvey's here in Cnaberra

Thread Information