Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Better than Corvette C6 Z06?

The atom is a beter car only if your into that sort of thing though. The ultima is probably a better car and probably very simmilar in price also.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Prices in Holland in Euro, (one Euro equals 1.20 US$)
    Z06: 114950
    F430: 194679
    AstonV8 146700
    Carrera4S: 136944

It is the cheap dollar that helps to keep prices low for the Corvette, but it is still a bargain. (although the absolute levels are "slightly" higher than in the USA)

US prices (in USD according to edmunds.com)

2006 Z06 Hatchback (7.0 8cyl 6M) --- 64,890
    2006 F430 Coupe (4.3 8cyl 6M) --- 168,005
    2005 DB9 Coupe (6.0 12cyl 6M) --- 152,000
    2006 Carrera 4S (3.8L 6cyl 6M) --- 87,100

Right, it is much more of a bargain in the US.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 03-17-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    US prices (in USD according to edmunds.com)

2006 Z06 Hatchback (7.0 8cyl 6M) --- 64,890
    2006 F430 Coupe (4.3 8cyl 6M) --- 168,005
    2005 DB9 Coupe (6.0 12cyl 6M) --- 152,000
    2006 Carrera 4S (3.8L 6cyl 6M) --- 87,100

Right, it is much more of a bargain in the US.
    again because of the low dollar rate....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

And higher taxes on imports.

But even if it was the biggest bargain id rather have something else. Too many rednecks praise the vette like its faster than an F1 car. I dont want to even be slightly associated w/ anyone like that. So that ruins the value to me. Ofcourse that would be different depending on where you live, but so would the prices.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    again because of the low dollar rate....
    Can you explain how a weak dollar makes it more expensive in Europe? A strong Euro should be able to buy more value when it comes to a weaker currency.

I think in Holland the main issue might be the taxes, as the Carrera 4S is almost a 140K Euros and only 90K USD (75K Euros) in the States.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Can you explain how a weak dollar makes it more expensive in Europe? A strong Euro should be able to buy more value when it comes to a weaker currency.

I think in Holland the main issue might be the taxes, as the Carrera 4S is almost a 140K Euros and only 90K USD (75K Euros) in the States.
    A strong Euro makes the Dollar cheaper, so if there is a fixed dollar price, you will need less euros to get the car. The other way round: A strong Euro requires more dollars to buy a car that is priced in Euros, like the Porsche or Ferrari.

And yes, in Holland taxes are pretty high, but forum members from Denmark can tell you even more impressive horror stories.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If you really want to be specific then the ultima has the nurburgring record therefore its the highest performance wise car and it also isn't very expensive but still more than the vette.

But all Ultimas are cheapish in comparison to other cars therefore a lower down model with a smaller engine will beat it

or

Jaguar JP1

There are so many companies that make cars that are faster and cheaper than the vette, and i have to say that i'd rather have a TVR Sagaris or a Cerbera which is also nearly as fast with the bonus of having the two so called rear seats.:P The interior is sooooo much nicer than the vettes uneven leather beats tacky plastics every time
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

maybe I should clear up that my reasoning for this post is i'm considering for future purchase my options in terms of performance for money.

That being said, while the TVR is definately one of my favorite cars (Sagaris) it is over $20,000 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen Hobo
    Is there any car out there, at the corvett z06 price (like $60 right??) that's actually better than it in terms of performance?
    a used 993 turbo or ariel atom, those are slowly becoming legal, with a vtec i heard they are cool
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Well you can Get a Cerbera second hand easily under that price and that trounces the Z06, If you were lucky you caould wait a few months and find a second hand Sagaris but i highly doubt tht.

Get a mitsu EVO VIII MR 400 now thts amazing and in yr price range
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Well you can Get a Cerbera second hand easily under that price and that trounces the Z06, If you were lucky you caould wait a few months and find a second hand Sagaris but i highly doubt tht.

Get a mitsu EVO VIII MR 400 now thts amazing and in yr price range

A New Corvette Z06 will still beat those.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen Hobo
    maybe I should clear up that my reasoning for this post is i'm considering for future purchase my options in terms of performance for money.

That being said, while the TVR is definately one of my favorite cars (Sagaris) it is over $20,000 more.
    In the US nothing beats it for the dollar.

its illegial to import a tvr into the U.S because of the laws passed to stop pollution, and all that green party crap. so you need to wait 25 years (8 years in Canada) to import any car
    um.. cant the european members bring over a Z06 from america instead of buying one in Europe, they use LHD in Germany.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

A Cerbera 4.5 Lightweight is just as fast as the Z06, maybe a 2 or 3 tenths off 0-60, has a similiar topspeed, and is much cooler in my books. And i think some Cerbera's are 2+2, but i'm not 100%, if one of our esteemed UK collegues could confirm or deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    In the US nothing beats it for the dollar.

Depends on how much weight you put on each aspect of the car.....

For Example, you can get either a C55 AMG or a or a SLK55 AMG for less. Not as fast, but you also get ALOT in other areas that the vette doesnt offer, and they arent slow. Not full on sports cars, but i think you get my point.

But back into the sports car world, Lotus Exige is cheaper i believe. Not the same top speed or 0-60 (unless you get the S, which isnt available in the US). but also the difference in price can be used for engine modifications....
    Last edited by scottie300z; 03-17-2006 at 08:22 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information