Thread: Etype series 2

Etype series 2

my friends dad bought a used 1965 e-type roadster. when i went over to check it out he had the engine out and valve caps and carburators off, the gearbox and transmission out the hood (front end) completely off and the interior completely stripped. we talked about it for a while. he bought an all alluminum flywheel for it, hes planning on buying an all alluminum transmission. the current one has some iron in it. he bought new 4 piston brake calipers for it and hes getting something else for the engine. forgot what it was. its painted flat seal grey right now and he's going to get it re painted gloss seal grey.

he wouldnt let me take any pictures yet. he says i can take it out with my friend and take pictures all i want later but not now

pretty nice ride
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Wow, that's very cool. The E-type is one of the greatest classics ever, make sure to take some good pics, Robert
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    A 1965 E-Type? Should be a Series I....
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

3.? v12 could be a series I
    i didnt ask about that i just assumed it was a II because of the engine. oh right one more thing
    he's getting a full syncromesh transmission. says all the gears but first were syncromesh
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

All Aluminium trasmission? Could be a bit soft for the gearbox sprockets and the diff internals.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    hes planning on buying an all alluminum transmission. the current one has some iron in it.
    Nice typo

The E-type's not a high output engine but even then I woudln't go ALL Aluminium Casing, bellhousing and pan, fine -- but please not the gears or it will get messy first time out

Get some pics of it during the rebuild. Point out to your dad it's worth it for anyone who might want to buy the car in the future and lots of folks here would want to see a naked e
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

thats what i meant, the housing and everything. not the gears. i like the naked e. but its not my dad... its my mates dad. dont know when i'll be going over there next. its in pretty bad condidtion for an etype. says he bought it for 900
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    oh right one more thing he's getting a full syncromesh transmission. says all the gears but first were syncromesh
    That'd be Jaguar's famous (or infamous) old Moss box. Not a bad shift but plenty of gear whine especially in 1st from those babies - I had a '64 Studebaker Cruiser R2 with Moss retrofit

Neat cars. My shop teacher has one, he says he still gets the car up to 160mph to stretch it's legs a little.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

series 1 is 1961 to 1967 and series 2 is 1967 to 1970 and series 3 is 1970 to 1974
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

Thread Information